Roles represent a predetermined set of permissions. You can also create your own.
To create a new domain role:
- From the Main Menu, open the Domain tool, then select Roles from the tabs bar.
- Select the plus icon in the toolbar.
- Provide the new role's:
- Name as you want it to appear for users in the domain (required).
- Type, which filters the permissions listed below according to whether you want to create a Course- or Domain-level role.
- External ID, which is any ID needed to align the role with an external program or application (optional).
- Check the boxes next to the permissions you want included for the new role. The permissions are divided according to the component for which they give privileges.
- Select Save.
- Roles & Permissions
- Manage User Domain Permissions
- Manage User Enrollments
- Manage Course Enrollments
- To delete a role, check its box on the Roles screen, open the vertical menu in the toolbar, then select Delete.
- Select Edit in a role's column to make changes; you can only edit a role if you are on the same domain.
- You cannot edit or delete the preexisting administrator, owner, student, or teacher roles; these roles come from the domain root.