The Student Activity Details report displays student activity details in courses. The report only displays courses for which there is student activity. If a teacher has excused content from students and the student has not worked in the course, that course will not display on the student activity report.
To Run a Student Activity Details Report:
- Select Other Reports from the Main Menu, then select Student Activity Details.
- Select the Input Criteria prior to generating the report (see table below). Note: Administrators and Teachers select from different input criteria.
Setting Options Domain This single-select list displays the current domain and all domain names under the domain where the report is run. Default selection is the current domain where the user is logged in. If the report is run from a district, the district and all school/programs in the district will display alphabetically in the list. If the report is run from a school/program, only the school/program will display in the list. Select a district to generate a district report. Teacher This is a multi-select list of teacher/teacher-author names in Last Name, First Name format for the selected domain(s) above. By not selecting a teacher, the report will be generated for all teachers. Teacher IDs are provided after the name to differentiate between teachers with the same name. Selecting a district will not display all teachers in the district. Default should be All. Student This is a multi-select list of students in Last Name, First Name format for the selected domain(s) above. By not selecting a student, the report will be generated for all students. Student IDs are provided after the name to differentiate between students with the same name. If teachers and students are selected, the report will display courses where at least one of the teachers and one student are both enrolled. Selecting a district will not display all students in the district. Default is All. Enrollment Status This is a single-select list that will display student activity for courses with a selected enrollment status. Default is All. Course Status Active course will include all Continuous courses and Traditional courses where the current date falls in the course start and end date range. Selections are All, Active, and Inactive. Default is All. Start Date - End Date Specifying a date range displays time spent for activities worked on during that date range, as long as the activity launched on that start date and the course enrollment is active for the specified date range. Export Options Export options of HTML, PDF,XLS, and DOC are available. Default is PDF.
- Select an export option and then select Submit.
Reading the Student Activity Details Report
The Student Activity Details Report includes the following data:
|Module||The module where the content resides|
|Activity||The title of the content|
Custom Activity: For Flex, Prescriptive, and Sequential courses, this is a scored lesson
Asset Link: For Flex, Prescriptive, and Sequential courses, this is a practice lesson that does not return a score. For non-Flex, Prescriptive, and Sequential courses, this is a link to an external resource.
Assessment: For Flex, Prescriptive, and Sequential courses, assessments are pretests, post-tests, and review tests that contain questions. They are auto-graded.
Status of content shown in the Gradebook:
Passing score required to complete
(Content types of asset links do not have a status)
|Score||Score on an activity as a percentage. Teacher-entered scores are indicated by a (T) after the percentage. When a teacher enters a score, the Activity Status is also noted as Completed, even if the teacher enters a 0 for incomplete work.|
|Activity Start Date||Date time when student launched the content item.|
|Activity End Date||Date time when the student finished working on the content item.|
Time in Content
|Time spent in the activity|
|Seconds||Time spent in the activity in seconds, provided to users to do aggregations in Excel|
|Submission Number||Attempt for the activity. Only scored activities have submission numbers. Teacher-overridden scores are not counted. The attempt number for custom activities on the report may not show unique attempts for consecutive submissions that have the same score. For example, if a student scored 70% on the first submission, 70% on the second submission, and 80% third submission, the report displays the first submission as 70% as attempt 1 and the third submission as attempt number 2.|
|Date Submitted||Date time of when an activity was submitted|
Notes on the Student Activity Details Report
- If an Administrator runs a report for certain teachers, only the courses taught by that teacher will display. If the teacher is enrolled in the course as a student, that course will not display as taught by that teacher.
- Students who have saved assessments that were not submitted will not display on the Student Activity Details report even if the assessment was saved during the time range specified. Assessments are only displayed when they are submitted.
- The date range filters on the activity end date. If a student launched an activity on 8/30/18 at 11 pm and worked in it for a couple of hours, the activity will span two dates of 8/30/18 and 8/31/18 If the teacher runs the student activity details report for a date range of 8/30/18 to 8/30/18, the activity will not display on the details report since the activity end date is 8/31/18.
- Submission date for manually graded items is the date the teacher scored the activity. When a student submits an activity, the activity status is Submitted – this is submission number 1. Submission number is incremented by 1 when the teacher scores the activity.
- Activity for content that was deleted in the course will not display on the report.
- Custom activities that span over midnight will display on the day the content was launched. Assessments that span over midnight will display on the day the assessment was submitted.
- Run Critical Alerts Report
- Run Overall Usage Report
- Run Student Activity Summary Report
- Run Student Usage by Day Report
- Run BASI Performance Report
- Run Course Details Report
- Run User Details Report