You can format Matching questions as graphic drag and drop interactions where you give students an image with targets, and a list of draggable answer options that they can drag and drop on those targets.
- Set an image as the backdrop for your answer targets on the left.
- Place and size the targets anywhere on the image.
- Create a list of answer options (text and/or media) that are displayed on the right under Choices.
- Learners can drag the answer options to the content they match on the image.
To set up a Graphic drag and drop question
Matching questions can be added to assessments and practice questions activities.
- Add the Assessment or Practice Questions activity.
- Add a matching question to the activity.
- Follow the directions below.
Once you've added the Matching question:
- Scroll down to the Interaction card, then check the Drag and drop and Graphic boxes. If you want the choices to be usable only once, select Remove used choices from list.
- Note the accessibility message: Graphic questions are not accessible for users who require keyboard-only access or screen readers.
- Scroll back up and specify how many Points the question is worth.
- Enter the question as you want it displayed to students.
- Select Select image to upload the image to use as the background for the question. Your answer targets will be placed on this image.
- Select Add match to create the number of matches you want in the question.
- A target box is automatically placed on the image for every match you create. Drag the target boxes to the desired positions and resize them by dragging the bottom right corner. This example has six targets.
- You can define the border style, width, and color.
- All of the matches are listed below the image.
- Select Add drop area on the left side of each match to create a target. Once placed, you see the position and size of each target box.
- On the right, enter the text and/or media to pair with each box. Selecting the match in this list highlights the box above.
- If you want to include a distractor (an answer option that doesn't correctly match any of the targets), select Add match, but don't select Add drop area. Enter the distractor answer, and it will be included in your Choices box but won't correctly match any of the targets.
- Complete the rest of the question cards.