The Student Activity Summary report displays a summary of student activity, such as current grades, time, and days students have been in a course. This document contains the information necessary to run the report and helpful information for reading the report's results.
Teacher-entered scores are indicated by a (T) after the percentage (e.g., 80%(T)). When a teacher enters a score, the Activity Status is also noted as Completed, even if the Teacher enters a 0 for incomplete work. This should not be counted as student activity in the system for attendance purposes.
To Run a Student Activity Summary Report:
- Select Other Reports- Updated from the Main Menu, then select Student Activity Summary.
Important: If you need to run a report containing data prior to June 30th, 2021, you must use the version of this report located under Other Reports from the Main Menu. This version of Other Reports is only available to users with Admin permissions.
Key differences in the report under Other Reports and the report described in this article are:
- The Other Reports version has an Active/Inactive course filter. The report in this article does not have this filter and automatically pulls both course types.
- The version in this article has Generate Report or Download Report options that do not exist in the Other Reports version of this report.
- Select input criteria prior to generating the report (see table below). Note: Administrators will see all input criteria, and teachers will see fewer options. Teachers will only be able to view a student summary for their enrolled courses.
This single-select list will display the current domain and all domain names under the domain where the report is being run. If the district domain is selected, only the users at the district level will be displayed in an alphabetical list under teachers and students, and only data for those users will be included in the results. School or Program subdomains must be run in a separate report by selecting subdomains individually.
This is a multi-select list of teacher/teacher-author names in Last Name, First Name format for the selected domain(s) above. If you do not select a teacher, the report will be generated for all teachers. Teacher IDs are provided after the name to differentiate between teachers with the same name.
This is a multi-select list of students in Last Name, First Name format for the selected domain(s) above. If you do not select a student, the report will be generated for all students. Student IDs are provided after the name to differentiate between students with the same name.
If teachers and students are selected, the report will display courses where at least one of the teachers and one of the students are enrolled.
This is a single-select list that will display a student summary for courses with a selected enrollment status.
Active course will include all Continuous courses and all Traditional courses where the current date falls in the course start and end date range. Selections are Active and Inactive. Default is Active.
Start Date – End Date
A date range must be included and the start date must be on or before June 30, 2021. The report will display records for course enrollments active in that date range entered as long as content is launched within the date range.
There are two options – by course (default) and by student. Depending on the user selection, the information displays students in a course (by course) or courses for a student (by student).
Export options of HTML, PDF, XLSX, DOCX, and CSV are available. The default is CSV. If you want to display the following fields, export via CSV: ELL, IEP, Sect 504, and NCAA.
3. Select an export option, then select Generate Report. The loading symbol will
also continue to spin as the report generates.
Reading the Student Activity Summary Report
Example of an Exported Report in CSV format.
|First Activity Date
|Provides the date of the first activity
|Last Activity Date
|Provides the date of the last activity
Time in Seconds
|Time spent in the activity
|Days in Course
|Number of days the student has been in the course
|Current grade of the student in %
|% of Content Complete
|% of content completed by student
|Percent of Days Left
|Days left in the course for the student, represented as a %
|On Track to Complete
|Whether a student is on track to complete the course. Will display either Y or N
Notes on the Student Activity Summary Report
- This single-select list will display the current domain and all domain names under the domain where the report is being run. If the district domain is selected, only the users at the district level will be displayed in an alphabetical list under teachers and students, and only data for those users will be included in the results. School or Program subdomains must be run in a separate report by selecting subdomains individually.
- If an administrator runs a report for a specific teacher, only the courses taught by that teacher will be displayed. If the teacher is enrolled in the course as a student, that course will not display as taught by that teacher.
- Selecting the Generate Report button a second time with the same filters within two hours will lead to a choice; a Regenerate Report button and Download Report button will appear. Selecting the Regenerate Report button will rerun the same report. The Download Report button will allow you to view the already generated report without waiting.
- The Course completion percentage is based on the calculation is set in the course. If teachers edit the calculation, then the report will display the edited calculation.
- Days in Course will show the unique number of days in a course between start and end date.
- On Track to Complete is an approximation that will:
- show a value only if the student launched content in the course
- be a better approximation if enrollment dates are strategic
- assume that every scored item will take the same amount of time (some courses have projects and offline assignments so every activity will not take the exact time)
- The date range filters on the activity end date. For a specified date range, the records on the Student Activity Details may not roll up to what’s in the Student Activity Summary report. Here’s why: a student has taken the following activities in the Economics course and spent the following time:
- 10/1/21 100 seconds
- 10/3/21 200 seconds
- 10/5/21 150 seconds
If a teacher runs the Student Activity Details report from 10/3 to 10/6, only the activities for 10/3 and 10/5 will be displayed.
- If a teacher runs the Student Activity Summary report from 10/3 to 10/6, since there is at least one activity in that date range, the summary report should show the Economics course with a total time spent of 450 seconds (i.e., the course summary will be a complete summary of the course data for that student even if there are activities that occurred outside the specified date range). The complete course summary is shown so that the On Track to Complete calculation is representative for the course.
- The XLSX output displays time as seconds, as this time format is easier to import into other systems and format to meet multiple customer needs. All other printable report formats display time in both seconds and HH:MM:SS format.
- If a student does not appear in the list, they may be set as an Observer to another user by mistake, or their user account is inactive. Correct that error to populate the student in the filter list.
- Additional completion fields for gradable and activities is available in XLSX format only.
- Run Critical Alerts Report
- Run Overall Usage Report
- Run Student Activity Details Report
- Run Student Usage by Day Report
- Run BASI Performance Report
- Run Course Details Report
- Run User Details Report