The Gradebook tool enables students to track their progress in many specific areas.
To view progress, open the Gradebook tool from the Main Menu.
If you are enrolled in multiple courses, an overview displays your progress in all of your courses and past courses, including:
- Your Self Assessment heart indicator for each course; select them to make changes.
- Your overall score.
- Your overall progress on completing gradable activities.
- Your overall progress on completing all activities.
The toolbar on this screen allows you to:
- Print this summary.
- Modify what is displayed in the table; select the column headers to sort the data by that category.
The column options include:
- The course Picture
- Enrollment Start Date
- Enrollment End Date
- Days Left in the course
- Self Assessment
- Progress on gradable activities
- Progress on all activities
View progress details for each course
To view detailed progress in a course, select the course from the Main Menu, then select Grades.
Here, you find:
- The Grades view displays detailed progress information. If the course uses periods or categories, you can choose to view the information organized by Grading Categories or Syllabus Order. From this view, you can also print your grades.
- The detailed progress information includes:
- The course's teacher(s) (if set up to show it).
- How many days are left in the course (and an alert when it's almost over if set up for it).
- Your overall percentage.
- Your percentage of completed gradable activities, overall activities, and quizzes.
- The due date, submission date, status, and your individual score on every graded activity.
- The Dashboard view shows the student info card.
- The For Me view, which displays any activities you’ve created or chosen for yourself as well as activities your teacher has created specifically for you.
- The What if view, which helps you calculate possible grade outcomes.
- The Activity view, which displays each activity you’ve worked in, when you started working on it, and how long you’ve spent in it.
- The Objective Mastery view, which displays each learning objective, each aligned activity, and how well you seem to be mastering those objectives.
- Note: This tab does not appear if the course author has not defined objectives for the course. Contact your teacher if you should have access to this tab but it doesn't appear.
- The Analytics view, which breaks down the overall performance of the class as a whole.
- The Badges view, which displays any awards you’ve earned.
- The Settings view (available only for continuous enrollment courses), which lets you change the course's end date used to schedule activity due dates.
Being able to track your own progress in so many areas really helps you take control of your own learning.