Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) specification establishes a way to integrate external learning applications with Pearson Connexus.
In order to create activities with LTI, the LTI service must provide a user with:
- the website to which the user should point the activity
- an LTI Key and LTI Secret or an LTI Configuration XML (If the LTI is configured at the Domain, the user does not need to use this here.)
Add the activity:
- Add an activity to the desired folder and choose the Custom Activity type.
- In the Custom Activity editor, select Website under the Content card of the Activity tab.
- In the field below, enter the provide the URL provided by the LTI service you're using.
- Check the Digitally sign the request for LTI box and:
- Enter the Key and Secret in the appropriate fields, or
- Select Load LTI configuration and paste the Configuration XML information into its field and select Parse XML to automatically populate the Key and Secret fields.
- If your LTI is configured at the Domain, you don't have to complete these fields.
- Select Save when you finish making other edits to your activity.
If you check the Popup in a new window box for the activity, users are prompted in the Pearson Connexus window to navigate to the new window. If you link to this activity from another activity, users are not prompted and Pearson Connexus just opens the new window.
Configure the activity
Once you've created the assignment, click the Activities tool and open it. For some LTI services, Pearson Connexus opens the LTI service's dashboard where you can configure your assignment. If not, you can build the activity using the service's website, and opening it here allows you to preview the activity.
Consult the LTI service's directions for activity creation.
- Some LTIs do not trigger a notification when a student submits an assignment. To make sure a Teacher knows when their students have submitted an LTI activity, the Teacher can create a companion activity in Pearson Connexus that asks students to Mark this activity complete once they have submitted the LTI activity.