WebMail provides messaging capabilities to support communication between students, teachers, and administrators who have active course enrollments. Below are the instructions for using WebMail's basic functions: view, compose, reply, and delete.
Users, Roles, and Prerequisites
- Students must be actively enrolled to send and receive WebMail messages.
- Students can receive WebMail from Teachers.
- Students can send WebMail messages to their Teachers.
Opening the WebMail application
Select the WebMail tool from the Main Menu to access WebMail.
View WebMail Messages Grouped by Folder
WebMail messages are grouped by messages received (Inbox), messages sent (Sent), and messages deleted (Deleted).
- Select WebMail from the Main Menu.
- Filter by the From, Subject, or Sent columns for WebMail messages.
- Your Inbox displays, as shown below.
- View your Sent or Deleted messages by selecting the folder.
- The messages are displayed in a paginated view (50 messages per page). To scroll through the messages, use the arrow keys on the screen to go forward or backward.
Read a WebMail Message
Select a message to read from the list of WebMail messages in the Inbox, Sent, or Deleted folders. To read a message, follow the steps below.
- From the folder, select the message you want to read. The message content will then display.
- Select Show Details to view the full list of recipients (To, CC, and BCC fields). Select Hide Details to hide fields.
- Select the in the upper right corner to close the message and navigate back to the folder
Compose a New WebMail Message
To compose a new WebMail message, select recipients from the Contact list. The Contact list is populated based on shared course enrollment. The Contact list displays your teachers. To compose a WebMail message, follow the steps below:
- From the Message List view, select .
Select To in the Compose Message view. A list of your teachers displays.
Note: Students are unable to send WebMail messages to other students.
From the list of users that displays, do one of the following:
- Select Select All to add the entire group to the recipients' list.
- Select Clear to remove selected recipient(s) from the list.
- Search for and select individual users to receive the WebMail message.
- Select the Compact view icon to increase the number of profile cards on display.
- Select the Comfy view icon to reduce the number of profile cards on display.
4. Choose Select Recipients to add the selected recipients to the WebMail message.
5. Select Cancel to close the recipients' selection view and return to the Compose Message view.
6. Enter a subject for the message (required) in the Subject text box.
7. Enter a message in the Message Text field. Change the font, bold or italicize words, and alter other aspects of the text using the visual editor toolbar.
8. Once the message text is complete, select Send Message to deliver the message to the selected recipients.
9. Select Cancel to close the New Message view and return to the Message List view.
Reply to a WebMail Message
Communicate with others by reading and responding to WebMail messages. After reading a message, send a reply by following the steps below.
- Within an open message, click Reply or Reply All to open the compose view. The compose view includes the original message with the subject pre-populated, original recipient name(s), and the original date of the message.
- Enter a response in the message body section. Change the font, bold or italicize words, and alter other aspects of the text using the visual editor toolbar.
- Select Cancel to end the reply process and return to the original message.
- Once the reply is complete, select Send Message to deliver the message.
Delete an Individual Open WebMail Message
Discard messages that are no longer needed to help keep your inbox organized and focus on important messages to keep in your list view. Once a message is deleted, it will be removed from the Inbox and moved to the Deleted folder.
- Within an open message, select Delete to remove the message from the Inbox view.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to delete the message. Select Delete again to proceed.
- Select Cancel to end the delete process and return to the original message.
- Once the deletion is complete, you will return to the Inbox view where the message will no longer appear.
Delete Multiple WebMail Messages
- From the Inbox view, select one or more messages to permanently remove from the Inbox. A count number will appear within the Delete button to show the number of messages selected.
- Select Delete to remove the message(s) from the Inbox.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to delete the message(s). Select Delete again to proceed.
- Select Cancel to end the delete process and return to the Inbox.
- Once the deletion is complete, return to the Inbox view where the message(s) will no longer appear.