Once set up, you can align activities and questions to objectives to track student mastery of the objectives. You add objectives as part of an Objective Set, which is a collection of objectives that belong together.
If a course needs to align activities with objectives from different sets, you can create an Objective Map to show which objectives should be correlated between those sets.
Example: if Objective 1 from Objective Set 1 covers similar criteria as Objective 2 from Objective Set 2, and you need students to meet both, you would correlate those objectives. This is most frequently done to align state standards with a national standard.
Create the objective map
To create an Objective Map in your domain:
- Open Objectives using the Main Menu.
- Select Objective Maps, then select the New [plus sign] button in the toolbar.
- Provide Name, External ID (optional), and Owner (optional) content.
- Check the Inherit box if you want these objectives to appear in child or subdomains.
- Select Save.
Correlate objectives within the objective map
To correlate objectives within an existing objective map:
- Select the Objective Map ID for the map you want to add to.
- Select Mapping from the tabs bar.
- On this screen:
- Select the New [plus sign] button in the toolbar to create a new map (this path continues below).
- Select the vertical menu in the toolbar, then select Import to import an existing map.
- After selecting New in step 3, provide:
- GUIDs for the Source and Correlation objectives; these are for organizational purposes only, and don't impact how the objectives are handled.
- The relative Weight to indicate the strength of the correlation. Higher numbers indicate greater correlation; if you leave all correlations with the same weight, they are treated equally.
- Select Save.
- The map appears on the Mapping screen where you can Edit it or check the box, open the vertical menu in the toolbar and Delete it.
- All changes impact subdomains.