To add a user:
- Select New [plus sign] in the Header Menu.
- Provide the new user's:
- Username, which they use to sign in (required).
- First Name and Last Name (required).
- Password (Confirm the password in the field below) (required).
- External ID, which is any ID needed to align the user with an external program or application (optional).
- Email, to which email composed in Pearson Connexus is sent (optional).
- Description, which can be used for other descriptors your organization needs recorded.
- Metadata, any user metadata fields added to your domain with User Options (Anticipated year of graduation in this example) appear at the bottom of this window. These values appear in the user's User Data screen.
- Record Accommodations for the user (e.g., Personal Needs Profiles (PNPs), 504 compliance).
- Record Individualized education program (IEP) where available.
- Select Create.
Note: Once a user is created, you must assign a role and grant permissions for that user. For more information, please visit Roles and Permissions.
Manage existing users
Use this screen to manage existing users.
- Select the User ID to review and edit a user's details.
- To import users using a tab-delimited or comma-separated file, select the More menu in the Header Menu and select Import and browse to the file on your computer.
- To update multiple users' Status (active/inactive) at once, check their boxes and select Bulk Update in the vertical menu in the toolbar. This is a permanent change, so be careful.
- To delete a user, check their box and select Delete in the vertical menu in the toolbar; check multiple boxes to delete more than one at a time.
- Select Restore to review and restore deleted users.
Bulk Import Users
The Bulk Import Users function creates multiple users of any role in one process using a .CSV file (Please see attached template at the end of this article).
Note: If the .CSV file contain records with duplicate usernames the batch import will proceed, but users with a duplicate username will not be imported. The following characters are supported for usernames:
- Capital A-Z
- Lowercase a-z
- Numbers 0-9
- Dash (-)
- At sign (@)
- Period (.)
To bulk import users:
- Select Users from the Main Menu.
- Select the More dropdown menu in the Header Menu.
- Select Import.
4. Select Choose File and locate the .csv file to import on your hard drive and select Open.
5. The screen will display a recap of each user to import within Validate data.
6. Review the information and select Import.
Note: You will not be able to select the Import button if the .csv file contains errors. You must go back and fix any errors in the .csv file first before selecting Import.