Use the Clipboard to create impromptu activities for any student any time.
The Clipboard walks you through the process of assigning activities to individuals or groups:
- Open the Clipboard tool from the toolbar or Main Menu; the Activities tab is open by default.
- Using the panel on the left, you can:
- Select the desired course. You are not required to select a course, but selecting a course provides access to any Supplemental activities that have been created for it.
- Add the student(s), Quick Lists, and/or Groups to whom you want to assign the activity using the panel on the left (How do I add students to the Clipboard?).
- Add activity content in one of the following ways:
- Choose from the options under Add an Activity; you can upload a file, link a video, add a Google Drive document, link a website, or create an activity with a rich text editor.
- Select Search supplemental, which allows you to browse and select from Supplemental activities that have been created for the course (this option only appears if Supplemental activities have been created).
- Indicate whether you want the activity to be Gradable and select Next.
- If activity metadata is made available by the system admin (using Domain Settings > Course Options), you will be able to Edit metadata, such as Grade level.
- Select Next.
- If you select the Gradable box, you are able to edit the Submission settings and Gradebook settings.
- Under Submission settings, you can specify Allowed submission types. meaning which kinds of attachments you want to allow students to submit (Comments (text entry), Files, Google files, Images, Drawings, Audio, Video, Web addresses, Student annotations).
- Under Gradebook settings, you can specify the following for the activity:
- Weight in category
- The desired Score entry model: Points, Rubric, Percentage, or Letter Grade
- If you choose Rubric, select Add rubric to define it (not available for all assessments).
- If you choose Letter grade, a field appears where you can select the desired Grade scale.
- The appropriate Grading category (where enabled)
- The appropriate Period (where enabled)
- Whether This activity counts as extra credit
- Whether you want to Hide returned scores until a certain date and provide the date and time you want the scores to become visible
- The minimum Passing score (%)
- Whether the Score can be dropped from calculated course score
- Whether to Include this activity's score in final-grade calculation
- Whether to Require a passing score for course credit
- Whether to Treat as zero in gradebook until this activity is scored
- Whether the activity aligns with any Objectives
- Select Next.
- Assign activity.
Creating personalized activities using the Clipboard enables you to give truly individual attention.
Selecting Search library opens a searchable Library of digital content that's connected to your domain.
- Use the filters to find specific collections or activities.
- Select Open to browse collections and folders of content.
- When you find the activity or activities you want, check the Add box to select them.
- Once you've added all the activities you want, click View cart in the toolbar to finish.
- Select Link or Copy; linked content receives updates from the content provider and copied content does not.