To run Test Analytics Reports as an Admin, open Reports from the Main Menu, select Test Analytics, and follow the numbered steps:
- Choose a course: Enter or browse to the desired course.
- Choose an assessment: Find the desired assessment in the second field.
- View the results: Select Run Report to review the results. If there aren't enough graded activities, you receive the following message instead of analytics: To protect student privacy, statistics are not available until grading has been completed for more students.
Review Test Analytics results
Test Analytics Reports include:
- Frequency of Scores, which illustrates score distribution on a bar graph, providing values for the passing threshold, mean, median, standard deviations, and quartiles.
- Statistics, which lists the significant data.
- Frequency of Grades, which breaks the data down and represents it according to the course's grading scheme.
- Question Item Analysis, which illustrates item difficulty and discrimination performance for each question and allows users to see how each question answer impacts score.
For assessment activities, you can review analytics about each question in the Questions section.
- This arrow expands the question, showing the percentage of students that chose each possible answer.
- The first column uses alerts to call out potential concerns about a question's difficulty and/or discrimination based on patterns in student performance. Hover over the alert for more information.
- The # column allows you to sort by question number.
- The Difficulty column estimates difficulty based on the percentage of students who got the question right. Click the header to sort by difficulty.
- The Discrimination column estimates how well the question indicates students' understanding of the concept being tested. Questions that are so difficult that almost no one answered them correctly, or so easy that everyone got them right have low discrimination. Click the header to sort by discrimination.
- The Question text column lists the question without answer options. Click the header to sort the text alphabetically.
- Click remove question to exclude the question from impacting student scores.
- Proficiency by Learning Objective, which breaks the performance data down by learning objectives.
- Proficiency by Student, which breaks objective performance down by student.
- Export CSV, which downloads the student data in a comma-separated value (CSV) file. From the Report to export dropdown, you can choose from the following export options to specify the data you want run: Test Scores, Item Responses, Item Analysis, Learning Objective Mastery, and Student Proficiency.
- Start over, which clears the report, so you can run a new one.
Master course Test Analytics Reports
If you run the report on a Master course, a Proficiency by Course section replaces the Proficiency by Student section and breaks down objective proficiency by derivative courses. In this case, the Export CSV button downloads the course data.Additional Articles: