Pearson Connexus allows you to create activity templates that students can copy, complete, and submit as an activity.
To set this up, you first have to create the activity template as a Google Drive document (you can use any kind, but Docs and Slides are probably most common).
Then open the Editor:
- Select + To button where you want to add the activity.
- Select Assignment. Add content and configure you activity.
- In the Settings tab > Gradebook and submission card, select Document template from the Submission type dropdown.
- Select Choose template. This opens your Google Drive window so you can select the document you want used as a template.
- Once selected, you can Preview, Copy, or Remove the template.
When students open the activity, they can select View template to preview the activity, or select Create attachment from template to open the activity, edit it, and attach their version to their submission. When submitted, a PDF snapshot is created and saved in the student activity history.
Create a Google Doc Activity
If your domain is integrated with Google Workspace, you can create Google Doc activities in Pearson Connexus.
- Open the Editor.
- Select the + To button.
- Select Assignment.
- Check the Google document option.
- Select Create Google Document.
- Give the activity a Document title, choose between Docs, Sheets, and Slides, and indicate whether you want the activity to Launch in Google's edit mode.
- Select Create. This will take you to the newly created document in your Google Drive in a new window where you can create the activity.
Once it's created, you can use the activity editor to:
- Access the document's URL.
- Edit, Preview, or Copy the document.
- Indicate how you want the document to appear for students.