Portfolio activities allow users to attach files and text.
To complete a submission:
There are three choices for selecting a file:
- Browse your computer to select a file.
- Create a Google Drive document and submit it. Once it's submitted, Pearson Connexus also creates a PDF snapshot of the activity for you and your teacher.
- Browse your Google Drive to select a file. Once it's submitted, Pearson Connexus also creates a PDF snapshot of the activity for you and your teacher.
- Click inside the textbox where it says Add your comments here. You can then begin typing a comment.
- Select the icon.
- The Attach a file popup displays. Select CHOOSE.
- Select a file to attach.
- Select Open.
- The Attach a file popup displays again with an UPLOAD option. Select UPLOAD. Your selected file displays as an attachment.
- Select the Submit My Work button.
Add an Image to your Submission
There are multiple ways to add an image to your submission. You can select the (plus icon), which prompts you to select a file. You can drag and drop images into the Submission box.
You can also select the insert image icon, following the instructions below:
- Within the Submission text box, select from the rich text editor.
- The following options display:
Note: the upload icon is ONLY A TAB. Selecting it does NOT open an upload menu; rather, it displays the Drop Image Similarly, the hyperlink option prompts users to enter a link.
- Click in the Drop Image An upload popup window displays.
- Choose a file, then select Open. Your image should now display in the Submission text box.
Create Google Document
When you choose Create Google Document as a portfolio submission:
- Give the activity a title.
- Select the type of document you want to create (Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides).
- Select Create.
- The newly created document in your Google Drive opens in a new window where you can complete the assignment.
- Once you're finished, return to your Pearson Connexus window, where you will see your new document attached. Select Submit.
How to use a Google Document template created by your teacher
If your teacher sets up a template for you to use when submitting an activity, the following options display:
- View template to preview the activity.
- Create attachment from template to open the activity, edit it, and attach your own version as your submission. When submitted, a PDF snapshot is created and saved in your activity history.