Portfolio activities allow users to attach files and text.
To complete a submission:
1. Access the submission, then click inside the textbox where it says Add your comments here. You can then begin typing a comment.
2. Select the + icon to select your file for attachment.
- Select Attach a file to upload a file, which allows you to browse your computer to select a file, or
- Choose a Google document to browse your Google Drive to select a file. Once it's submitted, a PDF snapshot of the activity is created for you and your teacher. The first time you attempt to Choose or Create a Google Document, you will be prompted to authorize access to your Google Drive from pearsonconnexus.com. Instructions for authorization are written below.
Note: Students whose schools have elected to integrate with Google Workspace will see an additional option, Create a Google document. Instructions for this can be found below. Their screen will display as follows.
3. The Attach a file popup displays. Select CHOOSE.
4. Select a file to attach.
5. Select Open.
6. The Attach a file popup displays again with an UPLOAD option. Select UPLOAD. Your selected file displays as an attachment.
7. Select the Submit My Work button.
Add an Image to your Submission
There are multiple ways to add an image to your submission. You can select the (plus icon), which prompts you to select a file. You can drag and drop images into the Submission box.
You can also select the insert image icon, following the instructions below:
1. Within the Submission text box, select from the rich text editor.
2. The following options display:
Note: the upload icon is ONLY A TAB. Selecting it does NOT open an upload menu; rather, it displays the Drop Image Similarly, the hyperlink option prompts users to enter a link.
3. Click in the Drop Image An upload popup window displays.
4. Choose a file, then select Open. Your image should now display in the Submission text box.
First Time Sign-in to Google from the Platform
When users attempt to access Google from the platform for the first time, they will be prompted to their Google accounts through pearsonconnexus.com. Please note that this is a one-time event, after which they will have immediate access to their Google Drives.
- When you select to upload or create a Google doc, the following screen prompts your authorization.
- Select Continue. The following screen displays.
- Enter the email address of the Google account you wish to use.
- Confirm the See, edit, create, and delete only the specific Google Drive files you use with this app checkbox is selected, then select Continue.
- Your Google Drive displays.
Create Google Document
When you choose Create Google Document as a submission:
- Give the activity a title.
- Select the kind of document you want to create (Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides).
- Select Create.
- A newly created document in your Google Drive displays, where you can complete the assignment.
- Once you're finished, return to your submission window, where you will see your new document attached. Once your Google doc is attached, you can use the icons displayed below it to either preview it or delete it. When you are ready, select Submit my work.
Using a Google Document Template Created by your Teacher
Schools with Google Workspace allows teachers to create templates for activities. Students will then open the template to complete the activity. If your teacher sets up a Google template for you to use when submitting an activity, you will see the following options:
- View Template: Select this option to preview the activity.
- Create attachment from template: to open the activity, edit it, and attach your own version as your submission. When submitted, a PDF snapshot is created and saved in the your activity history.
To Create attachment from template, follow the instructions below.
- Select Create attachment from template.
- The template is copied to your Google Drive.
- Once the template has downloaded, it displays at the bottom of the activity, as shown below.
- Select the upload icon to open the template.
- The template, which can be a Google Doc, Google Slides, or Google Sheets, opens. The image below displays an example of a Google Sheets assignment.
- Complete the activity, then close the file. Your work is saved within your activity.
- Select Submit My Work to submit your assignment to your teacher.
- A Status of Completed, Submitted now displays in the upper right.