Badges can be awarded to recognize and encourage student. Badges are rapidly becoming the standard in competency-based learning for recognizing and tracking mastery.
There are two types of badges:
- Automatic badges are configured to be automatically awarded to students when they complete an activity, unit, or course.
- Teacher-assigned badges are configured to be assigned by teachers to reward a specific achievement or behavior. Teachers can choose from badges in specific categories (e.g., leadership, scholarship, service, etc.) and provide personalized comments or evidence, so students know why they're being recognized.
To create both types of badges:
- Select the Editor tool from the desired course card on the Home page.
- From the left panel of the Syllabus tab, select Badges.
- Select Add course badge.
- The badge Name (required; 128 character limit).
- A badge Image.
- Required file type: PNG
- Ideal size: 90x90
- A Description of what the badge represents (required; 128 character limit).
- The Requirements for earning the badge.
- The Issuer Name, Organization, and Contact E-mail Address.
5. Select OK to save.