The Curve feature allows users to assign a maximum possible score that is lower than the activity's original maximum score.
Lowering the max possible score for an activity improves all student scores. This is one way to use a curve for scoring. For example, if an activity's original max score is 100 and Teachers lower it to 80, it would impact scores in the following ways:
- students who earn 100, receive greater than 100%.
- students who earn 80, receive 100%.
- Open the Activity Grader for the activity you want to curve.
- Select Tools from the Header menu, then select Curve scores.
- Assign a new max score for the assignment.
You can restrict a curve to a specific group by using the filter after opening the Activity Grader.
- Use the Curve scores feature to offset the effect of unexpectedly difficult or confusing activities.