Award badges to reinforce desired behavior and interact with your students on a personalized level.
Manually award badges using the Clipboard
To award badges:
- From the Main Menu, select the Clipboard tool.
- Select the Badges tab.
- Add the student(s), Quick Lists, and/or Groups to whom you want to award the badge using the panel on the left (How do I add students to the Clipboard?).
- Select a badge.
- Enter a brief message in the Badge requirements field, so the recipient(s) know why they're receiving it; this is your chance to personalize the badge for your student(s).
- Optional: select Choose File next to Attach evidence file to find and attach a file related to the badge (e.g., a photo of the associated project, the essay or assignment file, a screenshot showing improving performance, etc.). This is an easy way to praise a concrete achievement and display the thought behind badges.
- Select Award.
Assign automatically-awarded badges to courses, folders, or activities
When enabled in your domain, you can automatically award badges to students upon completing all activities in a folder.
- Open the course.
- From the course, select the Editor.
- Select a folder or activity.
- Make sure the panel on the left is expanded (see bottom of screenshot below).
- Select Badges.
- Select, drag, and drop the badge from the list on the left to the target folder or activity. Students automatically receive the badge upon successfully completing that folder or activity.
Students can view badges awarded to them from their ActivityStream as well as the Badges tab of the course Gradebook.