April 28, 2021
- We ensured that all open sessions authenticated with a password that changed will be deactivated until users log in again with their new password.
- We fixed a bug that allowed linked activities to be moved in destination courses if the associated source activities are moved.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented teachers from removing previously awarded badges from students.
- We fixed a bug that prevented error messages from displaying when teachers attempted but failed to remove awarded badges.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused IEPs to download rather than display onscreen when opened.
April 21, 2021
- We fixed a bug in the Course Gradebook that prevented the course score, points, or letter columns from displaying when teachers switched between periods.
- We fixed a bug that caused an extra whitespace to display after correct answers when users reviewed fill-in-the-blank questions in some assessments.
- We updated the Grade Editor, hiding the printer-friendly-version button when teachers grade Discussion posts from the Activity Player.
- API Change: `UpdatePassword`: When users change their own passwords, the response will provide a new token that can be used for subsequent requests. This is in preparation for the impending change where all other existing tokens will be invalidated upon password change.
April 9, 2021
We improved the display of students' Accommodations status in the Gradebook screens. The flag indicator now appears when students have any Accommodations or Individual Education Plan (IEP) settings, and when selected, the Accommodations popup window displays all applicable settings. Prior to this change, it displayed only for students with IEPs.
We updated the User Export report (Reports > Other > User Export), adding a column to indicate if the user’s email address is verified and the date of verification.
We added a student-name filter to the Course Gradebook filter bar to simplify finding students in the Gradebook.
We added information to the footer text of notifications sent from Pearson Connexus to email addresses to indicate why the messages are sent. We also added a link for users to manage their notification preferences.
We fixed a bug that prevented Cricket mobile phone users from receiving notifications.
We fixed a bug in the Gradebook that prevented student names from alphabetically sorting when some students used uppercase letters for names while others used both uppercase and lowercase letters.
We fixed a bug in User Notes that caused notes from past courses to display in current courses if users had searched notes from past courses.
We fixed a bug in the Grade Editor's Score History tab that prevented a change history row from displaying for some changes made.
We fixed a bug in the rich text editor that caused the camera to appear to be on after it was off when users closed the Capture Image popup window.
March 30, 2021
New LiveLesson Troubleshooting Hub Provides Online Help for TeachersWe created a LiveLesson Troubleshooting Hub to assist teachers with solving frequently reported difficulties. The hub can be found as an app next to the online Help icon.Teachers are encouraged to find help within the hub before contacting Support. Not only will this allow teachers to independently solve issues, it also provides background information for the Support team and will reduce the time required for support to troubleshoot calls.The most common strategies to resolve issues are listed in order.
March 29, 2021
We fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Contact With field to be de-selected after users created manual log entries.
March 26, 2021
- We improved the Admin > Users > Enrollments screen by adding a Term column, which appears as a School year column where enabled.
- We added a new Domain feature switch for Notifications. When disabled, the Notification preferences card is hidden from User settings and no notifications are sent to users, including the banner asking users to verify email addresses and phone numbers.
- We updated the Enable email Domain feature switch. When disabled, users cannot receive messages sent by other users within the platform.
- We improved how the Cancel,Save, and Back buttons behave after navigating to a screen when the last page viewed was outside of Pearson Connexus.
- We added Xfinity Mobile to notification phone carrier options.
- We improved the way captured images are added with the rich text editor, automatically positioning the cursor after the captured image instead of keeping the image selected.
- We improved usability of video and audio recorders by positioning the media dialogs on top of the editor, and allowing users to reposition the media dialogs and scroll page content.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus screen that caused deleted, assigned Choice activities to continue to display in folders' Choice list until users refreshed their browsers.
- We fixed a bug in the admin app that caused users to be taken to the Course details screen instead of the Grade editor when users selected an activity title.
- We fixed a bug that caused <leftrightarrow> HTML code to display rather than the character.
- We fixed a bug that caused the insert video and insert audio boxes to display too high above the student submission editor.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity player > Submission editor that prevented the image editor toolbar from displaying when users clicked directly on the image rather than the space around the image.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the student grouping table from properly scrolling.
- We fixed a bug that caused course activities to be deleted when users deleted multiple activities in the Editor > Activity list at once but continued to display them in the Editor > Syllabus until users refreshed their browsers.
- We fixed a bug in Course Settings that caused the Order Scoring outcomes button to display when no scoring outcomes were defined.
- We fixed a bug in Course settings that allowed users to edit the Client ID field when adding an LTI 1.3 tool.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Revoke permissions button from working in Chinese (Traditional).
- We fixed a bug in the rich text editor's Insert link popup window that caused users to navigate away from the page when users selected informational text.
March 15, 2021
We increased captured-image resolution to improve readability of image.
We removed the column sort arrow from print screens.
We enhanced the Student > Gradebook > Grade > Details screen to show a printer-friendly version of the screen when printing grade details.
We fixed a bug in the Portfolio Submission window that prevented users from being notified if they attempted to add a duplicate file attachment if the filename contained spaces or hyphens.
We fixed a bug in the Portfolio Submission window that caused users to download an error message rather than the file when attempting to download a file attachment with spaces or hyphens in the filename immediately after it was uploaded.
We removed OpenEd as a built-in extension in the Library because it has been discontinued. Activities using OpenEd content will no longer work.
We added a message, "No objectives to display" to the Editor > Syllabus > Objectives panel that will display when filters return no results.
We enabled users to easily verify their email addresses and phone numbers in the User menu > Settings controls. A new banner above the main toolbar prompts users to verify their information. System administrators should encourage users to verify their information.Within the user's Avatar > Settings area, they can send a verification code for their personal email and their notification email (they can choose to use different emails). Note, within the Student Options of the domain settings, Administrators have to check "Allow students to change their email address" in order for student edit their email within their Settings area.Administrators in the admin app > Users menu can view a user profile and see if the email addresses have been verified and can send an additional email to the user to use to validate their email if they did not see the first one.
We changed the order of entries in the User menu so Settings displays first, and About displays above Logout.
We fixed a bug in Domain Settings that erroneously enabled users who added LTI 1.3 tools to edit the Client ID field.
We fixed a bug that caused the Blackout date icon to be cut off horizontally.
We fixed a bug in the Observer app that caused the Grades > For Me screen to erroneously display the Edit Gradebook Settings button.
We fixed a bug in the Activity grader that prevented teachers from grading activities that were not assigned to a student in the class.
We fixed a bug in the Grade editor and Student grade details that caused users to be navigated to the Buzz home page when selecting wiki page links.
March 8, 2021
- We updated the method for obtaining the list of active participants in a LiveLesson meeting room so the information can be displayed for Tutors to give participation grades using the Overview Tool.
February 8, 2021
- We updated the LiveTutor links for District Partnerships, placing students into a queue before being admitted into a tutoring session.
February 5, 2021
We enhanced entity and enrollment selectors in Reports, making an entire row clickable rather than just the text.
- We added print options to student grades that allow hiding some Gradebook columns for improved print layout. You can now hide the Location, Status, Submitted date, and/or Due date columns before printing.
- We updated the Advanced edit feature, changing the toolbar image to Draw and the button icon to the Draw icon.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the enabling of Peer Help in Domain settings from being applied in the domain.
- We added user IDs next to user names in the Add Enrollment screen so users can differentiate between multiple users with the same name.
- We fixed a bug in the For Me page that prevented the activity link and the Edit Gradebook Settings option from working for activities assigned to a particular student or group.
- We fixed a bug in the For Me page that erroneously displayed a Gradable checkbox for Flashcard activities.
- We fixed a bug in the rich text editor that sometimes prevented users from replacing images with new images.
February 2, 2021
- We fixed a bug that prevented students and teachers from viewing glossary items when using Chrome browsers.
- We improved the course tree display by having assessments display at the end of lessons rather than as an additional entry within the course tree.
January 29, 2021
Changes to User Profile FieldsTo improve on our ability to ship materials and properly report student use, the following user profile fields are now required when creating or editing a user's profile:
We also added new options to the Student License Type so admins, teachers, and other staff can now be labeled as STAFF, and parents/guardians can be labeled as OBSERVER. The Student License Type now displays in the User menu since this is key information for licensing. If there are no materials for users, N/A can be entered for shipping. A valid email address is required for all users to ensure good communication.
- Email address for Shipping Notification
- Shipping Address Line 1
- Student's License Type
January 26, 2021
We added Flashcards activities.
- Flashcards are non-gradable activities that allow learners to review content. Content Authors can add text or an image to each side of each card. Learners see the front of the card, and try to remember what's on the other side. Flashcard activities are marked complete when a learner has flipped all of the cards in the activity.
- Please see our help article for instructions on how to create flashcards.
- We fixed a bug that prevented admins from navigating to the Grade editor from the Student Grades > For me screen.
- We removed links to deleted posts that displayed in the activity stream but didn't link to the posts.
- We updated the copyright year to 2021.
- We edited the number input fields in the Assessment grader and Rubric grader to ignore mouse-wheel scrolling to avoid inadvertent score changes when users scrolled the page with a mouse wheel.
- We improved the layout of the printer-friendly version of the student grades screen by decreasing column margins and adding a Scale field to easily adjust the print size.
- We enabled the observer app Home screen to display and sort observed users using the Student-name Display.
- We switched the Grade Editor's attached-PDF preview tool from a third-party preview tool to the browser's built-in PDF preview, which is more reliable.
- We enhanced the Rich text editor, allowing users to take pictures with their web camera as an alternative to uploading an image.
- We removed the block on a deactivated course and now allow students with an Active enrollment status to be marked Complete or set to any other Enrollment status. No other enrollment statuses can be changed after a course has been deactivated. As a reminder, Pearson deactivates courses that are no longer supported to prevent further use globally.
- We fixed a bug that prevented long announcements from properly displaying on the Communication screen.
- We fixed a bug that prevented question numbers that displayed when teachers graded a practice activity from matching question numbers displayed to the student.
- We fixed a bug in the Digital Library that sometimes prevented course domain names from displaying in the breadcrumb.
- We added URL validation to the custom Menu card in Domain settings.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus that sometimes prevented course titles from appropriately displaying when users opened past courses.
- We fixed a bug that caused text immediately preceding audio or video inserted in grading feedback comments to be deleted.
- We fixed a bug in the Gradebook that prevented sorting options from being retained when users toggled to quick-edit grading.
January 22, 2021
We added error messages that will notify users of Page Load errors during the following:
When students are reviewing assessments.
When teachers are viewing Assessment Reports.
When teachers are grading assessments.
- When students are taking assessments.
January 20, 2021
- We fixed bug that prevented the Course and User Details reports from running in domains that were missing a "type" metadata field.
- We added the ability for Caretakers to view the submission status of documents they upload to the Student Information System (SIS).
- We added the ability display document correction comments to Caretakers in the SIS when the documents they submitted require revision.
January 13, 2021
- We added a progress bar and page number reference to the Lesson Viewer that helps students keep track of their progress throughout a lesson.
January 4, 2021
- We enhanced the uploading and saving of media content by making media file processing asynchronous.
- We added min- and max-date validations to the student's Create Task screen.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented images from correctly copying when users copied activities if the images contained variable names.
- We fixed a bug in the Clipboard that caused student names to overlap and cover the Add to group button if student names were too long.
- We fixed a bug that prevented objective titles from saving when users added domain-defined scoring objectives to a course.
- We fixed a bug that caused the New version available prompt to sometimes display with no text.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Student Activity Grader from displaying for deleted activities.
- We fixed a bug in the submission settings card of the Gradebook that caused checkboxes at the bottom of the cards to display too closely rather than wrapping to two lines.
December 10, 2020
- We added an option to Course settings > Advanced options to require students to complete activities in order.
- We updated our single sign-on (SSO) workflows to conform to latest browser security protocols and cookie-handling standards by redirecting the current browser window for SSO credential screens.
- We removed the Open login in a new window checkbox in Domain settings for CAS authentication.
- We added a Choose uploaded image button to the Rich text editor > Insert Image toolbar when choosing a course resource is allowed, such as the Activity, Agenda, and Landing Page editors.
- We added the Equation button to the Rich text editor toolbar for blog and journal posts.
We fixed a bug in blog posts that prevented long tab names from correctly wrapping and also added rollover help text.
We fixed a bug that caused empty student groups to display on the Clipboard.
We fixed a bug in the Syllabus that caused the page to scroll down when users selected an activity at the top of the page.
We fixed a bug in Mastery reports that caused removed objectives to continue to display in the Course Mastery report.
We fixed a bug that caused some students to receive an "Unable to submit" error message after completing assessments or activities if the visibility settings had been changed from Hidden to Visible.
We fixed a bug that prevented unequal partial-credit scores for fill-in-the-blank questions from correctly calculating.
We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus screen that caused activities to scroll to the bottom of the screen when selected.
December 2, 2020
- We added a hover tooltip to entries in the Rich text editor > Insert media dropdown menu to accommodate resources with long paths or filenames.
- We added an Insert emoji button to the Rich text editor and the Publish Anywhere option.
We added the "allow" attribute to the list of HTML attributes supported by the Rich text editor.
We fixed a bug in the question editor that prevented media files that contained a % character from displaying.
We improved scrolling behavior in the Editor > Syllabus screen when double-clicking the last activity to edit.
We fixed a bug in the Clipboard that caused newly assigned tasks to be blank when users pasted the same content as a previously assigned task.
We removed unnecessary line breaks between No groupings and No activities messages in the Editor > Group settings screen for courses with no activities.
We added a validation error message to the Grade editor and Discussion post editor when users attempt to upload blank attachments.
November 11, 2020
We enabled a field specifying the allowed application hostname in Domain settings when users configure either CAS or SAML. This is the hostname that is allowed to authenticate through the SSO and is automatically populated based on the configuration. For many customers, It will be your custom URL [userspace].lms.pearsonconnexus.com. For those with a custom URL, it will be your custom URL. When configuring SAML using the newly released SAML option, this hostname is automatically added during setup based upon the current hostname being used during configuration. When using CAS, we added a button to update the field to the current hostname. Domain Administrators who have configured CAS should open Domain settings and select the Update button to populate the field.
We enabled users to move the video window on their screen to give them a better idea of what they need while recording (e.g., Teachers have a better recording of the submissions they grade.)
We updated the Automatically assign zero scores to past-due activities feature to remove automatically assigned zero scores from activities if the setting has been disabled.
We fixed a bug that prevented student-uploaded videos from displaying in the Gradebook if the student successfully submitted the activity before Pearson Connexus processed the video.
We fixed a bug that prevented variables with less-than symbols from displaying as questions in the Question editor.
We fixed a bug in the Question editor that prevented replacement variables from being recognized when generating questions if the questions used replacement variables in media resource paths.
We fixed a bug that prevented password-protected activities from immediately displaying after users provided a valid password.
We updated the Clipboard to ensure that activities copied from the Digital Library are visible when assigned to students.
We enabled the Teacher > View/delete courses page to display blank values for course enrollments that do not have start and end dates.
We fixed a bug that caused deleted assigned activities to remain gradable in the Gradebook.
November 5, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused some assessment questions to display all answers as incorrect when an assessment has both autograded and manually graded items.
- We added a new SAML authentication authentication allowing multiple Identity providers (IdP) for SSO users and better security.
- We added a Logout redirect URL setting to the Authentication card in the Domain settings screen that displays only when single sign-on is enabled in the domain.
- We fixed a bug in the Needs grading screen that prevented teachers from opening activities that had been deleted or hidden from students.
- We added screen reader text to some images in the Resource library.
October 30, 2020
- We made the following enhancements to the Calendar:
- We improved ability to view long answers for fill-in-the-blank questions by showing the complete answer on hover.
- We fixed a bug that caused the Instructions card toolbar to overlap the Insert link popup.
- We fixed a bug that that sometimes prevented users from inserting images in Activity instructions.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused the badge-notification popup to display a broken image instead of the badge thumbnail.
- We fixed a bug that caused the Enable multi-outcome scoring button text to run off the card in some languages.
- We added some missing tooltips to the teacher's view of the student Grades page.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity Player that caused the Submit button and Submission card to disappear when running in languages other than English.
- We fixed a bug in some Admin screens that prevented the delete entity function from working for some entities in languages other than English.
- We fixed a bug that caused an empty popup window to display when users selected an empty cell in the IEP column.
- We fixed a bug that caused extra lines to display in Multi-Outcome Scoring Gradebooks.
- We fixed a bug in the Syllabus view of students' Gradebooks that prevented extra-credit activities from displaying the extra-credit icon.
- We fixed a bug in template assessments that prevented Student Notes from displaying for questions and prevented students from highlighting text outside of questions.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Projects tab that caused the move up/down menus to appear disabled that were not.
- We fixed a bug in the Assessment Editor caused browsers to crash or stop responding when assessments contained hundreds of questions with HTML links in the question bodies.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Text to Speech button from working.
- We fixed a bug that prevented assessment content from displaying when users attempted to print assessments that used assessment templates.
- We added a confirmation prompt in the Activity Editor when deleting an assessment question filtered by a group.
- We fixed a bug in the import feature that sometimes prevented files with .csv extensions from importing.
- We added missing validations to the Edit blackout date dialog for students to ensure information is submitted in the correct format.
- We fixed a bug that caused Caretakers/Learning Coaches to be taken to the app selector screen when attempting to view their student's pending scores.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity Player that caused Caretakers/Learning Coaches to be erroneously taken to the next available activity.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from recording audio when using Firefox browsers.
- We removed the move up and move down buttons from the More option in the Projects tab because the was not additional content for users to move up or down to view.
- We added a Domain setting to show or hide affirmation messages when students complete continuous-course activities for the day.
- We enabled teachers to remove badges for students.
- We improved usability of the User settings screen by grouping the Notification settings together.
- We enhanced the course Gradebook to allow entering an X in quick-edit grading as a shortcut to excuse an activity.
- We added an icon (a circle with a slash through it) to the Editor > Weights screen that indicates which activities have empty category weights.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented SIS Syncs from displaying error details.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused users to be taken to the Course Home page rather than the desired activity when users double-clicked the activity while on the folder Home screen.
- We fixed a bug that allowed commas in numeric responses for fill-in-the-blank questions.
- We fixed a bug that caused a "No questions to display" message to display for practice-question activities when there were questions available.
- We fixed a bug that caused a "Done" message to display rather than "No activities to display" in the Choose activity popup window.
- We fixed a bug that caused lengthy columns to overlap in the view/delete courses screen.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from viewing an activity in a past course after viewing the same activity as a student.
- We fixed a bug that caused usage data to overlap with buttons on the Domain settings > Usage screen when community pages or the Resource Library were selected as the Application setting.
- We fixed a bug that caused users to be taken to the Home screen instead of the Wiki activity when previewing Wiki activities in the Digital Library or the Wiki Activity editor.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the border from displaying in the Editor > Syllabus screen's right panel.
- We updated the application About > General information dialog to include the activity ID when viewed while in an activity.
- We fixed a bug in the Grade Editor that caused invalid characters to be accepted in the Score field.
- We improved file attachment dialog usability for mobile devices.
- We fixed a bug in the student Grades page that caused column data to overlap for some languages.
- We added a tooltip for the not-returned-to-student icon in course Gradebook score column.
- We fixed a bug that caused students to be taken to a previously viewed screen when closing the student Notes dialog box while previewing assessments in the Digital Library.
October 15, 2020
- We enabled students to upload documents to CheckMyWork multiple times.
October 9, 2020
- We removed the additional course menu filters for subject, subject area, and school level. The course metadata within individual courses will still be visible, if updated with these values.
September 21, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from reviewing quick check assessments of students who changed sections.
September 17, 2020
- We added a domain setting that allows domains to hide the Insert YouTube video buttons in the rich-text editor, Clipboard, and Activity editors.
- We made the User menu available to users while in an activity, including the About and Logout menu options for all users and the View as option for teachers and admins.
- We added a Course setting for Continuous enrollment courses that, when enabled, causes activities within a folder to have the same auto-generated due date.
- We updated the Agenda screens to display the day of the week in addition to the Agenda calendar date to easily tell what day the agenda is for.
- We improved styling of multiple choice and multiple answer questions in the question editor.
- We enabled the SIS Sync to automatically create an FTP folder when users open the SIS Sync screen in a domain that is configured for a sync.
- We fixed a bug that caused users to be taking to Home when selecting the warning link rather than the prerequisite activity if the activity was set to open in a new window.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused users to be taken to Home when selecting anchor tags in assessment templates.
- We fixed a bug in the Objective-Set Tree screen in the admin app that prevented the Subject picker from populating the set's subjects.
- We fixed a bug caused the browser to stop responding when users opened the Calendar after opening the rich-text-editor draw tool.
- We fixed some alignment and highlighting styling issues in rubrics.
- We fixed a bug that prevented a customer application name from displaying.
- We fixed a bug that caused spacing between multiple choice labels and options to be deleted in assessments.
- We fixed a bug in the Manage groups screen that prevented the display of groups with long names.
- We fixed a bug that caused some embedded iframes in managed content to display with a width of 0, making the content appear invisible.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity Editor that prevented Google docs from launching when playing an activity when users switched from an LTI activity to the Google doc.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from viewing some content.
- We fixed a bug that caused users to be taken to the Home page rather than the prerequisite activity when selecting the warning link if the activity was set to open in a new window.
September 1, 2020
- We temporarily removed inaccurate assessment submission dates from some assessments.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from entering grades for manually graded assessment items.
- We fixed a bug that prevented assessment submission score denominators and percentages in some courses from displaying when quick checks were submitted with all incorrect answers.
August 20, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented users with the new Corporate Principal role from accessing the Student Log.
- We added warning text and a confirmation checkbox to the confirmation prompt when deleting domains, courses, and users.
- We added a validation option to the SIS Sync screen for users to validate OneRoster .zip files before running the sync.
- We improved tabbing navigation for assessment questions in the Grade editor.
- We added the ability to hide the SIS Sync menu (with XML).
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused the SIS Sync to time out.
- We fixed a bug that allowed activities marked hidden from students to be visible when teachers viewed as a student.
- We enabled the icon picker for choosing icons in domain settings to open below the field, to accommodate small screen sizes.
- We fixed a bug in the Syllabus that caused folders dragged from My library into a Choice folder to duplicate activities in the folder.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented activity time from being recorded when users closed the browser without selecting the STOP button.
- We fixed a bug in the teacher course Gradebook that sometimes prevented the needs-grading icon from clearing when teachers quick-edited a score.
- We removed an extraneous scrollbar in the dropbox comments editor. We improved Objective Mastery Gradebook styling to accommodate objectives with long IDs.
- We added the ability to hide the LTI settings card in the user's Settings screen.
- We fixed a bug that caused the TextHelp menu to display on the Editor screen when teachers previewed an activity from the Editor and selected the TextHelp icon.
- We fixed a bug that caused users to be taken to a blank, uneducable area of the screen rather than the dialog buttons when selecting Print from the student Gradebook.
- We added a message to notify users attempting to load Final grades containing no data that there is no data to display.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from filtering students when printing assessments for Publish Anywhere.
- We added hideSisSync=""true"" to the feature element in domains' application settings:
August 19, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused LiveLesson sessions to crash.
August 13, 2020
- We retired the old Activity Player and its accompanying feature switch, so all students now use the new Activity Player.
- We added a new Manage subscriptions permission to the Domain Permissions screen.
- We enhanced the Admin app to remove leading and trailing white-space characters from External ID fields of all entities (e.g., domains, courses, users, objectives, and enrollments) when users edit them.
- We retired the old Syllabus Editor and its accompanying feature switch, so course authors will only use the new Syllabus Editor.
- We darkened the red color for below-passing scores, overdue assignments, and other alert text.
- We enabled the Personal note-taking feature by default for all domains.
- We enabled the Student blackout dates feature by default for all domains.
- We added a You've been excused from this activity message next to the Submit button in the Activity Player > Submission card after students are excused, also adding score-status text such as Excused or Submitted next to the score.
- We enabled the Submit my work button to display as Resubmit my work when students have already submitted the work.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from accessing toolbar buttons by tabbing with the keyboard when in List view.
- We fixed a bug in the Edit SIS settings that prevented role pickers from displaying the role changes made in the current session without a manual refresh.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Enable browse button in the Activity Player from enabling browsing for Sharable Content Object (SCO) activities.
- We enabled the Clipboard > Quick list to accommodate long list names.
We improved toolbar usability for the Send mail > Message editor.
We fixed a bug that caused missing scrollbars in the Resource Library Welcome Page and the Welcome Page editor.
We fixed a bug in the Activity Player that erroneously caused the Remove activity button to display for Caretakers and Learning Coaches.
We fixed a bug in blogs and journal activities that caused the New post button to erroneously display for Caretakers and Learning Coaches.
We fixed a bug that prevented Caretakers and Learning Coaches from navigating to announcement details from a student's activity stream.
We improved the activity layout for Digital library preview.
We fixed a bug that caused Course icons to overlap when course nicknames were too long.
August 3, 2020
We fixed a bug that prevented interactive content from displaying in some courses for users when using Firefox browsers.
July 13, 2020
We removed Khan Academy content from the Digital Library.
We enabled the Enter key to initiate searches in the Digital Library.
We added a Draw and Advanced image editing tool to the rich text editor.
We increased the Buzz user report max from 1,000 users to 10,000 for Admin app > Reports > User activity > Domain user activity > Filter the data > Maximum number of users.
We added a discussion board option allowing teachers to require students to post a message before they can view others’ posts.
We changed the title of the Domain Settings > LTI credentials card to Domain Settings > LTI 1.1 tools. We fixed a bug that prevented Choice folder settings from being retained when duplicating a folder in Editor > Syllabus.
We fixed a bug in the Editor that prevented current, highlighted activities from displaying when users returned to a filtered Activity list.
We improved usability of the upload image screen.
We fixed a bug that prevented cards on the Calendar > Blackout dates editor from adjusting to accommodate new dates without users refreshing. We added a missing tooltip to the Remove activity icon button in the Clipboard.
We fixed a bug in the Domain Settings that sometimes prevented the Add dialog box from opening when users selected the Add in the Scoring objectives card.
We fixed a bug that caused the filter bar to be cut off in the Editor > Activity list when the screen width was restricted.
We enhanced the new Editor to remember previously set Activity list filters when returning from an edited activity.
We added the following warning message when users change filename extensions when uploading course resource files: "If you change the file-name extension, the file may become unusable."
We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented users from exporting course Gradebooks.
We fixed a bug that caused the Print dialog box to remain open after timed assessments' time expired.
We fixed a bug in the Admin app that caused text to overlap in the Add objective dialog.
We added required-field validations to the Move enrollment and Move domain dialog boxes.
We fixed a typo in the Objective map list page.
We fixed a bug that sometimes caused a non-normalized URL to be sent to Google Analytics (e.g. /student/12345678/activity/abc123 instead of /student/:enrollmentid/activity/:itemid).
We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus that prevented users from using the Move To function to move activities into selected empty folders.
We fixed a bug in the Activity Gradebook that caused the settings screen to briefly display the previously visited screen when users edited HTML metadata.
We fixed a bug that prevented image tools from displaying in an Activity editor rich text editor when users switched from rich text editor full-screen mode.
We fixed a bug that prevented image tools from displaying in an Metadata card of the Activity editor for rich text metadata.
We fixed a bug that caused overlapping and misalignment of fields on the Landing page.
We fixed a bug that that prevented admins from editing Gradebook settings from the Student Gradebook > For Me screen.
June 29, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from accessing some external content from links within courses.
- We enabled the total elapsed time to display on some assessments in Pearson Connexus for users who do not have scoring permission.
June 23, 2020
We added a Calendar tab to the Users screen of the admin app for viewing students' calendars.
We updated the various screens with filters to use outline styles around the filter box.
We added a search progress indicator when returning course enrollment results in the Editor > Viewing as feature, so teachers know when the results are complete.
We improved validation of range values for question variables in the Assessment editor.
We fixed a typo in the empty state message for the Domain > Roles screen.
We removed scrollbars that erroneously display in Editor dialogs accessed with Safari browsers.
We added the missing tooltip of the Remove button on the Student Reports screen.
We fixed a bug that caused objective links to display twice in the Student Objective Mastery screen.
We improved the filter bar on the Community resource library results page.
We added Choice activities to the Activity list tab of the Editor.
We increased the Metadata rich-text editor height to prevent the add link popup from being cut off.
We fixed a bug that prevented the "Please wait message while the file is uploaded" message from displaying when users added a file-attachment activity.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from previewing choice activities from the Activity Editor.
We fixed a bug that prevented Journal activities from displaying in the Syllabus Editor > Preview function.
We fixed a bug that prevented non-breaking spaces from correctly displaying in Math assessments.
June 9, 2020
- We enabled teachers to view the amount of time the student spent taking an assessment when grading the assessment.
- We added student name to the grading view of some assessments in Connexus.
June 3, 2020
We added a hint to the recipients field for Send mail and Clipboard messages explaining that a personal email message will be sent to each recipient, and an individual recipient cannot see other recipients who received this message.
We replaced the Delete button with a garbage can icon in the User notes tool.
We made the following improvements to how Past-due activities are managed:
The To-do List now displays activities with due dates in several additional scenarios, including activities that have been allowed a retry and the due date or grace period has not expired, and activities that have been automatically assigned a zero for being past due, but the student can still complete the activity because the grace period has not expired.All gradable activities are now displayed in the student’s To-do List (previously, only specific activity types were displayed).The course setting When auto-generating due dates, provide less time for activities that require only viewing now applies to all non-gradable activities.
We enabled teachers to clear students' automatically-assigned zero regardless of the due date. Previously, if a course was configured to Automatically assign zero scores to past-due activities the teacher could not clear the student’s zero unless they also changed the student’s due date so it was no longer in the past.
We improved the question summary layout for Practice questions activities.
We enabled the Activity changes toolbar to accommodate courses with long names.
We improved the Domain settings > Menu override dialog layout by showing the icon picker above the menu icon field.
We added range validation to the Weights field in Objective mapping to ensure the entered number is between 0-1.
We changed the display of selected students in the Clipboard, displaying the student name on the first line and the course title on the second to accommodate longer names and titles.
We fixed a bug that caused long course titles to overlap with student names when users selected students/domains/courses on Reports screens.
We added the ability for all domains to monitor Pearson Connexus website traffic with Google Analytics.
We enabled the student To-do List to display activities' status, allowing students to determine if an activity is on their list because it has a retry allowed.
We improved Activity Player usability, changing the Back button from an X to a back arrow.
We added a Google Analytics custom dimension for the currently authenticated User ID.
We added the ability for organizations who host their own Pearson Connexus instance to:
Enable Google Tag Manager in their instance.Include a canonical URL for search-engine optimization.
We improved editing of teacher feedback templates.
We added a missing tooltip to the Remove feedback button in the Question editor.
We updated Domain settings to not automatically apply Font Awesome Regular (`far`) font set to custom menu icons.
- We fixed a bug that prevented some WebMail messages from displaying in the Student Activity Tracker.
June 2, 2020
Pearson Connexus Users Can Now Access EdgenuityWe enabled users to access Edgenuity content directly from Pearson Connexus. Users can select Edgenuity links within course content and are redirected to the Edgenuity website without additional sign-in required.
- We made updates to ensure users can access the Enrollments/Academic Dashboard after the Chrome 83 browser update.
- We fixed a bug on the Enrollments page that prevented users from being taken to the Gradebook when selecting objective ID links.
May 29, 2020
- We added the date and time of submission to some assessments.
May 26, 2020
- We made updates to ensure users can access the Student Performance Dashboard after the Chrome 83 browser update.
May 22, 2020
- We improved Domain settings usability of several fields on the following cards by replacing open entry fields with checkboxes, dropdowns, pickers, and previews:
We added support for the role attribute in the <studentGradebookDashboard> override-list entry in Domain settings.
We fixed a bug that prevented student Blog post counts from updating when students added posts or when a grader deleted a student post.
We fixed a bug that caused the Activity instructions rich-text editor to cover the bottom of the Content card. We fixed a bug that caused only the first page of assessments to print.
We fixed a bug that caused the User metadata checkbox to display as unselected even when it was selected and displaying the appropriate results.
We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the self-assessment button's tooltip from updating when users switched courses.
We fixed a bug that caused the Self-assign button to display in students' Past courses.
May 20, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented LiveTutor links from displaying for some users.
May 14, 2020
We updated the Student Activity Tracker Log with the following:
- Limited the number and type of log entries to 50 that initially display.
- Added a Load More Entries option for users to load more than the first 50 entries.
- Added an Include WebMail box that will display all log types.
May 13, 2020
- We enabled students to create their own Blackout dates in Continuous enrollment courses, which will be ignored by suggested deadlines. These Blackout dates will apply to all of the student's enrollments.
- We made the following Domain settings usability improvements:
Enhanced the Editor card to show multi-pick selectors instead of simple input fields when defining Hidden activity types and Required domain rights.
Added a warning for insecure states ("http" instead of "https") for Landing-content URLs, Library Extension URLs, and Login Redirect URLs.
Added an input hint and validation for the Levels input field on the Activity metadata editor.
- We updated the Gradebook footer:
Selecting Missing launches a dialog that lists students who have not submitted the activity.
Selecting Low scores launches a dialog that lists students who have below-passing scores on the activity.
Selecting any of the following launches the Editor: Score entry, Points, Grading scale, Category, Period, Available date, Due date, Grade-release date.
- We fixed a bug in the Messages section of Clipboard that prevented users from adding activities links in the rich-text editor when creating messages for the entire class.
- We fixed a bug that prevented drill-in filter bar animations from displaying in the following tabs: People, Course Gradebook, and the Multi-Outcome Scoring Course Gradebooks > Students, Activities, and For Me.
- We updated the filter-by-course button on the Needs grading toolbar to allow lengthier course names.
May 11, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from accessing My Pearson Training (MPT).
April 27, 2020
- We fixed a bug in the Confirm button of the enrollment confirmation email that caused Caretakers to be taken to the Connections Academy registration page rather than the Log In page.
April 23, 2020
We added a Find activity search to the Gradebook.
We fixed a bug that caused an unable to navigate window to display when users selected the For Me activity link in the row Course Gradebook summary.
We fixed a bug that prevented Google Chrome version 81 users from recording audio and video.
April 16, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented some users from accessing Student Logs in the Student Activity Tracker.
April 14, 2020
- We fixed a bug hat prevented users from creating logs in the Student Activity Tracker.
We added a new, custom menu entry replacement variable to determine which app (student, parent, teacher, or admin) is active when the menu is launched. The variable is APP, and its possible values are student, teacher, admin, and parent.
We fixed a bug in the Course Home page search field that prevented text from being translated if a domain's language changed.
We fixed a bug in the Folder Home page's activity-completion field that prevented text from being translated if a domain's language changed.
Aprl 10, 2020
- New Dashboard Page and Removal of the Contact List
We made changes to the Dashboard Page to accommodate removal of the Contact List. The Dashboard now includes student overall performance for each currently enrolled class. It also provides names and emails for all people who can observe the student, such as parents, Learning Coaches, tutors, counselors, teachers, and principals.We now recommend teachers use the People page, rather than the Contact List, for an at-a-glance view of all students in all of a teacher's assigned classes. We added an "End date" column that can be turned on/off from the page settings screen.
April 9, 2020
- We created a separate login page for Connections Academy schools that displays Connections Academy-specific links. We also updated the Pearson Connexus login page to display the correct copyright year.
- We hid the the long descriptions of non-text objects from Pearson Connexus lesson content for everyday users, while still making the descriptions available to screen readers forAssistive Technology (AT) users.
- We fixed a bug on the Course Home page that caused the Current Project progress to sometimes only display a percent sign when it should display 0%.
- We fixed a bug in the Domain Settings that caused ID duplication and other unexpected behaviors with landing content in the domain and its descendant domains when users attempted to save the tenth landing-content entry.
- We updated the Gradebook to display students up to 14 days after an enrollment's end-date, which matches the behavior used throughout the platform (e.g., People tool, Clipboard, etc).
- We fixed a bug in the Activity Grader of multi-outcome scoring courses that caused the Analytics tab to erroneously display for activity types other than assessments, practice questions, and Sharable Content Objects (SCOs).
- We updated the Days field in the admin app's Create Course screen to only accept numbers.
April 7, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented administrators from viewing student and teacher feedback in some assessments.
March 31, 2020
We made updates to improve accessibility.
We fixed a bug in the new Language feature that prevented the domain details screen from loading when a language other than English was selected.
March 20, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented Teachers from saving scores and feedback for some assessments.
- We enabled students to take assessments up to midnight of the course's section end date to ensure all students, regardless of time zone, have the same amount of time to complete assessments.
- We added the ability to define a list of language options in Domain settings that end users can select from in the User menu.
- We added the ability to choose a default language for the app in Domain settings.
- We added the ability for the Syllabus Editor to display processing animation when duplicating activities and folders.
- We increased the maximum number of notes allowed per user from 1,000 to 2,000.
- We added the ability for the Publish Anywhere feature to exclude activities hidden from students or the table of contents when exporting packages.
- We fixed a bug in the Analytics Screen of the Activity Grader that caused inaccurate export options to display when users exported learning-objective-mastery and student-proficiency analytics.
- We improved the column layout of the Community Search table.
- We enabled the users to access the Category picker after choosing a Grading period in the Editor > Weights screen.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity Editor that prevented history from displaying for activities with read-only content.
- We fixed a bug that caused content in the Badges row of the Changes card to extend beyond the card.
- We darkened the default (blue) course color to meet Website Content Accessibility Guidelines' (WCAG's) color-contrast recommendations.
- We fixed a bug in the Course Home > Progress tooltip that caused the number of activities completed in a project to display but not the total number of activities in the project.
March 18, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused alignment issues on the Print and Save buttons on the assessment score page accessed from the Assessment Results Manager (ARM) report.
- We applied a cumulative UX enhancement to MyPortal that:
Refocuses branding to "Connections Academy.”
Provides a friendly message to users with no application tiles.
Highlights the hyperlink to customer support.
Supports a smaller device resolution.
March 5, 2020
- We added a button to the rich-text editor for selecting font highlight colors.
- We updated the Activity Player to ensure existing does not wrap to multiple lines.
- We added a button that controls background colors to the rich-text editor.
- We fixed a bug in the rich-text editor, including the Grade Editor feedback editor, that sometimes prevented recorded audio and video controls from displaying in the editor.
- We fixed a bug that caused the Gradebook > For Me > Title column content to be clipped.
- We updated styling in the rich text editor.
- We added the ability for teachers to easily switch views in the Teacher app > Activity Player. Now, teachers can choose to view as a Teacher, a member of a specific Group, or a specific Student.
- We prevented students' past-due assessments from being automatically submitted after teachers view them in the Activity Player.
- We fixed a bug in the Clipboard that sometimes prevented Gradebook settings from being saved when activities were assigned.
- We fixed a bug in the Clipboard that sometimes prevented period settings from saving when users assigned a display grading period for non-gradable activities.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Weights screen that sometimes caused incorrect rolled-up category or period weights to display when users filtered by a scoring objective, then undid the filter.
- We fixed a bug that prevented some dialogs from localizing for Chinese.
- We added validation to the Gradebook display options screen that ensures a Score-display option is specified.
- We fixed a bug in the rich text editor that caused the Open in new tab checkbox to display when users edited course-resource links.
Pearson Connexus Launches New Enrollment System
- We introduced a new enrollment system (NES) for families enrolling their children in Connections Academy schools. The new system simplifies the enrollment process and boasts the following enhancements over the former system:
- Streamlined the document submission process by enabling faster load times for documents.
- Enhanced the Document Review process. Enrollment documents display in a new window when selected, and the system provides more descriptive updates for where customers are in the process.
- Allows customers to skip a step and jump to others if they're having trouble locating certain documents but wish to continue through enrollment. In addition, incomplete forms will display first so customers can clearly see what they need to do next.
- Enhanced notifications to help parents identify whether there are placement tasks required, encouraging parents to take action or follow up.
- Identifies student eligibility during enrollment.
- Gives staff the ability to indicate whether an Academic Program's service area is by state or by zip code.
- Flags potential duplicate records to ensure data reliability.
- Promotes self-service by linking help documentation to enrollment steps. Provides parents the ability to chat with Enrollment Staff in real-time. Allows parents to request help online via a ticketing system.
- Allows families with multiple students enrolling to share household forms.
- Provides new reporting capability that allows School Principals to identify any student in the enrollment process who requires their review.
- Auto Assigns lead records created in NES from various channels to a corporate staff member (Family Enrollment Counselor) who will work with assigned families throughout the enrollment process.
March 4, 2020
We enhanced the layout for linked-question score settings.
We fixed a bug in the Activity Editor that caused focus to go to the Wiki tabs instead of the Activity Title field when users edited a wiki activity.
We fixed a bug in the Calendar that caused blackout dates excluded in a course to display for the course.
We fixed a bug in the Clipboard that caused assigned non-gradable activities for a grading period to erroneously display in the first period.
We fixed a bug in the Clipboard that sometimes caused Gradebook settings to be incorrectly applied, resulting in errors when users edited the settings or assigned a student score.
We enhanced the For Me grades screen, allowing users to select status cells for grading activities.
We fixed a bug that caused an 'eval' function to display rather than the evaluated response for math fill-in-the-blank questions.
February 29, 2020
- Search for students by school location
- Search for student enrollments by class
- View student log entries
- View student and Caretaker information
We edited the student print function in Next Generation assessments such as the new Earth Science courses. Edits include the following:
- Improved visual display and alignment for the print button.
- Improved page break functionality to limit the number of pages necessary to print an assessment.
February 21, 2020
- We updated the Activity Editor to validate that survey activities provide a defined launch URL.
- We updated the dropdown menu functionality and label within the Import Scores screen to specify the data field as a letter grade when importing.
- We updated Domain Settings to report errors when users attempt to save invalid XML (e.g., smart quotation marks) when editing.
- We added an X icon next to activities that are excluded from final-grade calculations in the Student > Grades screen. For activities with scores dropped from final grade calculation, we changed the icon from X to a down-arrow in a circle.
- We added a Peer Feedback tab to the student grade details screen that allows students to review feedback left by classmates.
- We clarified the status-message wording in the Blackout dates card on the Course Settings screen.
- We improved the Activity Editor > POST parameter details popup window by validating that the parameter has a name.
- We fixed a bug in the question editor that sometimes prevented the formatting toolbar from displaying when users selected a question with HTML formatting.
- We fixed a bug in the Add Project wizard popup window that caused group-settings controls to be visible even when the Groups feature was disabled.
- We fixed a bug in the Import Scores wizard that caused fields to incorrectly display in the Map columns step for activities without titles.
- We fixed a bug in Import Screens (e.g., Scores, Users, Courses) that caused imported CSV files to appear on line one only and prevented users from adding additional lines using the Enter key.
- We fixed a bug that prevented text wrapping from working for titles in the Clipboard/Badges screen in Edge and Safari browsers.
- We fixed a bug in Domain Settings that erroneously allowed users to enter invalid numbers for the Editor > Require rights field.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity History page that prevented activities linked from other courses from displaying the other courses' titles when users changed the activity.
- We fixed a bug in Editor > Weights that sometimes caused the column order to change when users switched periods in the toolbar.
- We added Title and Due date headers to the left panel in the Editor > Scheduling > Syllabus view.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus that caused focus to be lost when users selected the Expand/Collapse button on the Objectives panel.
- We fixed a bug in the rich-text editor's Insert Image dialog box that prevented .jfif files from displaying when users browsed for images.
- We fixed a bug in the Assessment Player that caused some accent characters to display as HTML in inline-multiple-choice questions.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Assessment toolbar buttons from displaying.
- We fixed a bug in the People page that prevented users from sorting by Enrollment end date after they had sorted once.
- We fixed a bug that caused users to be taken to the Teacher Home screen after saving Display options on the People page in the Manage enrollments screen.
- We fixed a bug in the Grade Editor that prevented the overall score box from updating as the user modified a question score in a Custom Assessment, even though the overall score had changed.
- We fixed a bug in the Grading Scheme Editor and Export Scores screens that caused long activity names to overlap.
- We fixed a bug that caused the rich text editors, including the Dropbox submission comments editor, to appear as if drag-and-drop of PDF files were possible from users' local computers.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented users from viewing rubrics for linked activities.
February 19, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented students from viewing some interaction questions in assessments.
We fixed a bug that prevented students' Earth Science assessment scores from updating in student Gradebooks.
February 14, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented the parameter name from being a required field on the Survey parameter details editor.
- We improved the Import Scores column format detection by ignoring empty cells in the input CSV data.
- We improved the drag/drop tool in the Editor > Weights tool. Now, when users drag and drop an activity from one category to another, the first category remains expanded, allowing the user to easily drag another.
February 13, 2020
- We added the ability for permitted users to access the Student Log through a tile on the MyPortal page.
February 5, 2020
- We moved the option to Require passing score if gradable for mastery to the Visibility and access card in Activity editor. This checkbox previously appeared a step later, in the Choose Activity dialog; it displays only when activity restrictions are enabled.
- We prevented point fields from using a browser's auto-complete function.
- We added an option for Admins to automatically allow retries on auto-zeroed activities when extending student enrollment in courses.
- We added the column option "Enrollment End Date" to the People Page.
- We fixed a bug in the Assessment Activity Editor that caused the Question links > Points and Question bank > Points (per question) fields to display a point value when none had been set.
- We fixed a bug in the Move enrollment and Other reports > Course picker dialog boxes that caused unsubscribed courses to display as possible destinations for the enrollment.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor that prevented videos from playing if users dragged and dropped the video file from the Resources panel to the Syllabus.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus that caused the More menu to immediately close after users selected it.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor that prevented the Syllabus screen from automatically scrolling to display activities that were the focus of a search.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Weights screen that prevented updates to activity weights from saving.
February 4, 2020
We improved the functionality of the One Roster Tool. In this release the following enhancements were made:
- Added the ability to align teachers/admins to more than one school, by comma-separated values. Invalid values will cause the entire row to be skipped and an error message will display.
- Removed case sensitivity, so errors will not be generated based on character case.
- Changed the handling of existing users without external IDs. Now, if users’ first and last names match but lack an external ID, a new user account is not created; rather, an external ID is added to the Pearson LMS. This will prevent accidental creation of duplicate users.
- Added the ability to updated Pearson LMS user account status based on SIS user.csv file status.
- Updated users.csv file rules, removing the error message reporting for the student role, removing validation on metadata except character length and regex, and discontinued overwriting customer-added metadata when there are empty values in the users.csv file.
- Added the ability to process multiple schools with thousands of users each night.
January 28, 2020
We fixed a bug that caused teacher information to erroneously display on the Student Contact List.
- We created new single and group student log entry pages for entering data in the Student Contact Log. Now, users are able to:
- Enter data for a single student and select appropriate household and class information, and
- Enter data for a group of students.
- We fixed a bug in the Contact List that caused the course end date to display under the End Date column rather than the Enrollment end date.
We fixed a bug that caused inaccurate autograded assessment scores to display for the new Earth Science course in students’ Grade Books.
January 23, 2020
The Teacher Dashboard is back, and we have updated the Teacher Responsiveness metric on the Teacher Dashboard for Partner programs only. For other users, the default settings remain. Now, Partner Programs metrics are as follows:
- Green - graded all submitted, gradable items within 4 (default=2) days or less.
- Yellow - one or more submitted, gradable items have gone (default=3) 5 or more days ungraded.
- Red - one or more submitted, gradable items have gone 8 (default=6) or more days ungraded.
We added error messages to the Course Settings editor that explain the errors that users must correct before they are able to Save changes.
We added auto-refreshing to the Course Gradebook when removing tasks assigned to whole courses so the task no longer displays in the Gradebook.
We fixed a styling issue that prevented Full-width display from displaying in full width when users embedded content as part of multiple-choice answer options.
We fixed a bug that caused additional decimal points to display in partial scores on practice questions.
We fixed a bug that caused group features to display on the Clipboard and People pages when admins disabled the Groups feature.
We fixed a bug in the Admin Resources tool that sometimes caused an empty screen to display when users selected XML files.
We fixed a bug that prevented images in activity metadata from displaying when previewed in the Community.
We fixed a bug in the Digital Library that caused My Library to display when the experimental Community tool was not enabled.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from adding special characters in the width field after they selected the Insert Media button.
We fixed a bug that erroneously allowed the Folder is a Project setting to be available when the Projects feature was disabled.
We fixed a bug in the Agenda and Landing screen editors that caused the screen to scroll to the top of the page when users inserted links below the page scroll.
We fixed a bug in some Editor dialog boxes that caused the Cancel button to be pushed offscreen by overly long folder names.
We added missing tooltips and WAI-ARIA (Web Accessibility Initiative - Access Rich Internet Application) labels to the Course Editor tool.
We removed an unnecessary scrollbar in Due Date editor dialog that opens from the Group settings editor.
We updated the Editor > Scheduling tab to retain dates selected in editable fields when users leave the fields, then return to them.
We updated styles for Bulk Activity Editor, adding space between options and the confirmation checkbox.
We fixed a bug in the People tool that sometimes prevented the Today column from displaying correct data.
We fixed a bug in Final Grades that sometimes caused an incorrect student list to display when users filtered final grades by group in another course.
We improved handling of enrollment-specific, non-gradable activities in the Activity grader and Gradebook.
We fixed a bug that prevented the Play, Record, and Insert buttons from working when users paused videos during replay, then finished replaying.
We removed the Pearson Connexus Record option from mobile devices. Now, users will only have access to the built-in options on their devices.
We fixed a bug that allowed users to select a period for activities in folders even when the setting Inherit grading period from topmost folder was enabled.
We updated the Gradebook to display correct letter grades for unscored activities with Treat as zero in gradebook until this activity is scored enabled.
We enhanced the Grade Editor to show unscored entries as empty so users can choose a letter to assign a score.
We fixed a styling issue on the Final Grades page that caused the Grading scheme dropdown menu to be pushed offscreen.
We fixed a bug that caused an "Unable to navigate" message to display when users chose Dashboard from the QuickNav tool.
We fixed a bug in the For Me activity Gradebook settings that prevented rubrics from saving for all students.
We fixed a bug in the student Grades page that sometimes prevented self-assessment indicators from displaying.
January 16, 2020
We changed user interface styles in CheckMyWork.
- We added the ability for teachers and admins to print submitted assessments within the Earth Science Pilot Course in both Connexus and Pearson Connexus. The printed assessment will contain student answers as well as any feedback.
January 13, 2020
- We added the ability to provide students with individualized due dates for activities with course due dates. Teachers can now modify due dates for individuals to account for things like IEPs or personal circumstances. Now, allowing retries on activities with an expired due date prompts teachers to modify the due date for that student.
- We added a student names to the Student > Grades screen.
- We improved the user interface for defining People Display Options.
- We added two new auto-complete course enrollment options to the Course Settings tool:
A Require retries to be completed checkbox.
The ability select more than one category for the Automatic when all activities in these categories are complete option.
- [New Editor Only] We removed the phrase “formerly Homework” from the Practice questions activity label in the new Course Editor.
- We fixed a bug in User Display options that caused the points selection to populate when users selected other display options.
- We updated the Teacher > Communication tool to show announcements as read when filtering messages by course.
- We fixed a bug in the Teacher > Communication screen that caused announcement details to sometimes remain on screen after the announcement had been deleted.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused filter selections to be disregarded when users made Bulk edit updates.
- We fixed a bug in the Grade Editor that sometimes caused SCO and LTI content to display as collapsed.
- We fixed a bug in the Unit Summary Screen that prevented the Select All checkbox from being deselected when users cleared the filter.
- We fixed a bug that caused content from the What If calculator to overlap with the header toolbar on iPads with Safari browsers.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Click here to view feedback activity-stream link from working for some students.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from viewing student activity stream feedback.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented users from navigating to Choice folders from the Unit Summary screen.
- We updated Number fields in the Assessment > Fill-in-the-blank question type to ensure only numerical values can be entered.
- We fixed a bug that caused additional space to be added at the end of fill-in-the-blank questions.
- We fixed a bug in assessment templates with multiple question substitutions on the same line to display substitutions for only the last question in the line.
- We fixed a bug in the Discussion Board that prevented users from accessing newly created threads.
- We fixed a bug in QuickNav that erroneously caused Grade results to display when users searched for a teacher enrollment using a User ID.
- We fixed a bug in the Digital Library that caused a Please Wait message to indefinitely display when users attempted to add an empty folder to their cart.
- We updated Domain Settings to immediately display newly assigned badge images.
- We fixed a bug that caused integer entries to display as decimals in the Passing Score field.
- We fixed a bug that prevented uploaded IMS Package activities from displaying without manual refresh.
- We fixed a bug that prevented IMS Packages from importing into the selected grading period.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus that prevented users from removing a choice activity from folders that did not have other activities.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Group settings tab that prevented teachers from editing activities for specific groups.
- We updated the Editor > Add item window to truncate long titles.
- We fixed a bug that prevented changes to activities in other periods from displaying in the Syllabus for courses with periods.
- We fixed a bug that caused an About Pearson Connexus pop-up window to remain open after users clicked Logout.
- We fixed a bug in the New Editor that prevented the override user settings from functioning for Badges, Objective mastery, and Editor side panels when a domain had disabled those features.
- We fixed a bug in the People tool that caused the visible-columns picker to include disabled columns.
- We fixed a bug that caused the Grade Editor > Objectives tab to sometimes display a No data to display message when objective data existed.
- We fixed a bug in QuickNav that erroneously cause results to display for Task folders and Choice activities.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the teacher Dashboard screen from displaying in QuickNav results.
- We fixed a bug that caused disabled menu items to display in QuickNav results.
- We fixed a bug that caused a No activities found message to sometimes display when there were activities.
- We fixed a bug that caused My Library to display in student Digital Library searches.
December 13, 2019
We added Embed YouTube and Table buttons to the following rich text editor toolbars: Activity Grader/Grade Editor (teacher response and template editor), Student dropbox submissions, Rubric grader, Essay question responses, Discussion posts, Peer review, Project wizard.
We added a New-course-editor toggle switch in the Admin app's Features tab. When the new course Editor is enabled, all the Editor tabs (e.g., Syllabus, Projects, Weights, Activity List, Scheduling, Group settings) display the new material components. Currently, the default is off.
We updated the Editor to display a No activities found message when users attempt to select an activity from a course that has no activities.
We fixed a bug in the new Editor that caused titles in the Weights screen to be cut off.
We fixed a bug that caused content pasted into Dropbox or discussion boards to incorrectly display.
We fixed a bug in the Admin app that caused the Course Details screen to display when users attempted to navigate to Display options from the Gradebook > Final Grades.
We fixed a bug that prevented the Editor > Syllabus screen from displaying all activities when users were on large monitors that can display more than 20 activities at a time.
We fixed a bug in the new Editor that caused the Digital Library toolbar to display over the top of assessments when users previewed them from the Editor.
We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from filtering out students with no course progress.
We fixed a bug that prevented the correct selected preference to display on the Student-name display cards.
We fixed a bug that prevented Dropbox edits from displaying for activities when students launched activities from links in other activities.
We updated print formatting to wrap course titles rather than truncate them.
We updated the Date fields in Activity Settings to enforce valid date and time values.
We fixed a bug that caused focus-outline style issues with toolbars.
We fixed a bug in the Digital Library that caused errors when searches used fields from a domain-defined search form.
We fixed a bug that prevented the properties side tab from immediately updating the schedule tab, weights tab, or activity list tabs when users deleted an activity.
We fixed a bug in the Editor > Weights tool that prevented activities with no defined scoring outcomes in a Multi-Outcome Scoring course from loading.
We fixed a bug that prevented changes to Derivative courses' metadata from displaying on the changes screen.
We enhanced Bulk edit functionality to automatically update.
We fixed a bug that caused the Quick Edit tool to navigate offscreen when users navigated with the Tab.
We fixed a bug in the Gradebook toolbar that caused the filter icon to unexpectedly display.
We fixed a bug in the Dropbox that prevented course agendas from displaying students' previous Dropbox edits for that activity.
We removed the ability for teachers to unassign activities from the Needs Grading screen.
We fixed a bug that deactivated the rich text editor when users opened a course link to a Dropbox activity from another Dropbox activity.
We fixed a bug that prevented Choose an activity slots from automatically updating when users removed choice activities.
We fixed a bug that caused fill-in-the blank answers to be marked as incorrect if they contained a space after the answer.
We updated the Clipboard to list added students in alphabetical order.
We fixed a bug that prevented focus from remaining on a selected announcement if users selected the Announcements screen when already on it.
We updated the app to always display course titles before tool titles.
We updated the Unit Summary screen to truncate long activity titles.
We updated the Activity Grader page to scroll above the footer when entering scores with the Quick Grader.
We fixed a bug that prevented inactive enrollments from displaying in score exports.
We fixed a bug in the Grade Editor that prevented passages from displaying when there were questions associated with the passage.
We fixed a bug in test analytics that sometimes prevented all students in a course from displaying.
We fixed a bug that caused some HTML character codes (e.g., ° ,
) to display in equations instead of their character equivalents.
We fixed a bug that erroneously displayed error messages when students deselected a choice activity and closed the player.
We fixed a bug that caused extraneous white space to display in the Activities tree.
We fixed a bug that caused the rich text editor to move offscreen when users navigated between Wiki posts.
We fixed a bug that caused the Main Menu to display in a distorted fashion.
We fixed a bug in the Needs Grading screen that caused background color to display behind activity icons when the high contrast theme was turned on.
We fixed a bug that prevented grid lines from displaying on the Summary screen for users using Edge browsers.
We fixed a bug in the Grade Editor that caused Rubric content to distortedly display for Safari users.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from scrolling the side panel in the Scheduling screen on iPads.
We updated help text on the Changes screen.
We fixed a bug that erroneously caused the template picker to display on the Admin > Create course screen.
November 25, 2019
We fixed a bug that caused assessment question analytics to sometimes display 100% incorrect rather than a percentage based on students not answering the question.
We updated the question editor to validate input values of range variables.
We fixed a bug that caused the choose file window to erroneously display when users selected the Enter key with the Name field selected while adding a resource.
We updated the image and text for the No students to display message because it was off center.
We fixed a bug in the Display Options tool that caused users to be redirected to the wrong screen if grading when filtered by group.
We added URL validation when new website items are added.
We added minimum width controls to Gradebook grid columns.
We fixed a bug that prevented the recipient list from displaying when Copy me emails were sent from the People page.
November 13, 2019
We added new metadata to Pearson Connexus and GradPoint that display within the Domain Data and Course Data tabs of individual domains or courses. In this release, the following items were added:
- Metadata that identifies domain type, city, and state.
- Course metadata that identifies course subject, subject area, and school level.
November 12, 2019
- We added a link to system requirements on the Pearson Connexus log in page.
October 28, 2019
- We improved the visibility of student essay responses in assessments.
- We added an Order Courses screen to the Teachers' Manage Courses tool.
- We renamed the Manage Course Cards button to Order courses for Students.
- We added a larger pop-up window for Gradebook options.
- We added the ability to Import and Export Gradebook options across courses.
- We improved the contrast of alternating row colors in the Gradebook.
- We fixed a bug that erroneously allowed users to select Edit activity while previewing an activity.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented users in Safari browsers from navigating to the next activity when viewing a custom activity.
- We fixed a bug that prevented enrollments from being graded when users navigated to an enrollment in the Grade Editor.
- We fixed a bug in the Export Analytics dialog that prevented the close/cancel button from displaying.
- We fixed a bug in the Analytics screen that sometimes caused a radio button to be cut off.
- We fixed a bug on the Analytics screen that prevented scores from immediately updating after removing questions.
- We fixed a bug that prevented Gradebook Display default options from correctly applying to newly viewed courses.
- We fixed a bug that prevented past courses from being listed in options for Import in the Gradebook.
- We fixed a bug that prevented some math equations from properly displaying.
- We fixed a bug that prevented custom assessments from displaying in fullscreen.
- We fixed a bug that prevented some Wiki activities from correctly displaying in preview mode.
- We fixed a bug that caused nongradable activities in the Digital Library to be gradable.
- We fixed a bug that prevented iFrames in activities from correctly resizing.
- We fixed a bug in the Create Course and Edit Course screens that prevented maximum lengths for course titles and external IDs from working.
- We fixed a bug in the People tool that caused an Access Denied error to display when users attempted to delete their own enrollments.
- We fixed a bug that caused lag time for users typing Grade Editor feedback.
- We fixed a bug that prevented activity links from working when users launched the Grade Editor from the admin app.
- We fixed a bug in the Gradebook that caused screen positions to jump after users entered grades using the Grade Editor.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from creating Derivative Child courses.
- We fixed a bug that caused a broken image icon to display on Library cards for users who didn't have an avatar set up.
October 7, 2019
We added the ability for mobile users to access Contact Lists.
We fixed a bug that prevented content from displaying on lesson slides that contain assessments.
September 18, 2019
We updated Add Activity screens.
We updated the Observer Activity Stream to allow users observing multiple enrollments to toggle between enrollments.
We enhanced Turnitin integration. Now, when enrollments in continuous courses access a Turnitin LTI activity, Turnitin receives the enrollment's target due date.
We disabled the auto-start of assessments with passwords.
We added state information to toggle buttons for assessment tools like the highlighter.
We updated activity course links with Open in new window checked to open in a dialog over the top of the activity for continuity.
We fixed a bug that prevented the gray dots (i.e., indicator that a grade is unavailable) from displaying in the Gradebook.
We fixed a bug that caused users to be erroneously redirected to the Domain Details page upon selecting Submission History.
We fixed a bug that prevented the page title bar from displaying the correct page title if users visited a custom menu item.
We fixed a bug in the Activity Player that prevented students from accessing activity details and feedback.
We fixed a bug that prevented completed essay questions from displaying as Complete on the review screen.
We fixed a bug that prevented some content from displaying as answers for multiple-answer questions.
We fixed a bug that prevented the hover tooltip from displaying over the remove answer icon in activities.
We fixed a bug that prevented some equations from properly displaying when nested in <p> tags.
We fixed a typo in a toolbar-button tooltip.
We fixed a bug in the Gradebook that caused column-sorting settings to disappear when users returned to the Gradebook after grading an activity.
We fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Grade Pending icon to erroneously display when teachers were quick-editing course grades.
September 10, 2019
We enabled users to sort Last Attempted Curriculum-based Assessment (CBA) column data in the Contact List.
We added the following data to the Contact List:
- Last Attempted CBA
- Assessment Completion
We enabled teachers to view the total number of enrollments from the Contact List.
We enabled teachers to access student Gradebooks from the Contact List.
We added the following data to the Contact List:
- End Date
- Grade Level
We enabled teachers to search a student's Log history in the Contact List.
We enhanced the Contact List to allow teachers to customize their view of student performance and Curriculum Based Assessment (CBA) data.
We enhanced the Student Activity Tracker to allow users to search logs by course name.
We developed functionality to ensure Contact List enrollments match the enrollments listed on the Student Detail page.
- We updated the Chrome plug-in so users on newer versions of the browser can print TestNav questions.
September 6, 2019
We updated the Bulk Item Editor, rich text editor insert equation tool, and Activity Grader Batch Update Scores for regular and Multi-Outcome Scoring screens.
We fixed a bug that caused the Gradebook to refresh with all students rather than the selected students when teachers submitted final grades.
We fixed a bug in Activity Settings that prevented Block access until student completes other activity from working.
We fixed a bug that caused encoding of characters and incorrect equations to display when users edited an item containing MathML equations.
We fixed a bug that prevented fields from being correctly disabled/enabled when users switched tabs on the Bulk Edit screen.
We fixed a bug that prevented score changes from saving if performed in Quick Edit mode.
We fixed a bug in the course Gradebook that prevented grades from properly displaying if they had an activity ID that contained spaces.
We updated the MOS Activity and Student screens.
We enabled the App Chooser and Resource Libraries.
We made Personal notes a standard feature.
We updated the Blog activity details screen.
We updated the Wiki history screen.
We added a custom application hidden iFrame.
We standardized activity icons throughout Connexus EMS.
We updated the Gradebook screen to save changes made to column sizes and placements.
We added column grid lines to the Gradebook.
We updated column headers in the Gradebook to show underline style to linked activities on rollovers.
We updated column headers in the Gradebook to wrap up to three lines.
We updated the rich text editor to use DIV tags for multi-line content.
We fixed a bug that caused the close and save function to be disabled when users refreshed the Activity Editor.
We fixed a bug that caused horizontal scrolling to malfunction in the Gradebook for some browsers.
We fixed a bug that prevented the Gradebook screen from loading when courses contained no enrollments.
We fixed a bug in the Grade book that caused the scrolling funtion on the screen to be hijacked when users selected a cell.
We fixed a bug in the Gradebook that caused a selected cell to hijack the scrolling function on the screen.
We fixed a bug that caused an Unable to export report error to display when running Period and category summary reports.
We fixed a bug that caused empty rubrics to display for question scores.
We updated the Gradebook. Improvements include resized columns, scrolling, organizational control, and faster speeds.
We added a tooltip to entry names in dropdown lists to allow users to hover over entries to see the full entry name in case it is too long to display in the dropdown list.
We fixed a bug that sometimes caused the first announcement to automatically display when navigating to the Communication tool.
We improved the display of previously saved LTI credentials (key/secret) in the Domain Settings.
We fixed a bug in Final Grades that caused calculated scores to disappear after submitting grades.
We fixed a bug in the Resource Library that prevented hashtag searches with accented characters from working.
We fixed a bug that allowed users to enter invalid due dates when self-assigning an activity, while also fixing a typo on that screen.
We fixed a bug in the Gradebook that prevented users from navigating to activities from Grade Details.
We made general accessibility improvements to Connexus EMS.
We updated color theme to reflect Pearson branding.
We added a hint to the color chooser advising users to avoid colors that are too light.
We updated the reset password message to read:
A reset message has been sent to [partial email].
If you do not recognize this email address, you may have entered an incorrect username and should reach out to your system administrator.
We fixed a bug that prevented some administrators from saving edited enrollments.
We fixed a bug that caused the announcement screen to display announcements from the wrong course when users filtered for a course with no announcements.
We fixed a bug that caused the rich-text editor to sometimes display the text “type something” when the field was read only.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from uploading activity instructions while filtering by groups.
We clarified the messaging users receive on the login screen when trying to register an account with a username that already exists.
We fixed a typo in the assessment editor.
We fixed a bug that prevented admins from removing some course subscriptions.
We fixed a console error and related screen artifacts that would sometimes display over tooltips when teachers and admins viewed gradable activities in the Activities tool.
We fixed a bug that caused applications to switch when Observers navigated to the Communication page from the toolbar.
August 26, 2019
Enhancements Made to Assessments
We updated how students navigate between individual test questions and the summary section when reviewing their answers in next-generation assessments. In this release the following work was completed:
- Added a Results button that directs students to a review page.
- Added the capability for students to view multiple assessment items at once.
- Added improved navigation.
We added a View Report button that allows teachers who are using the next-generation assessments in Pearson Connexus to view the Class Objective Analysis report.
August 26, 2019
New Single Student Objective Report
We created a new Single Student Objective Report. This report, which displays in a screen rather than a spreadsheet, allows teachers to view the following components:
- Header displays, including student name
- A display of students in the class once the class is selected
- Search field for teachers to search and select individual students to display the individual objective report for that student
- All standards from all assessments in the course
- Notations (-) display for any untested standard
- A list of all active students
Class Selector for Objective Analysis Report
We updated the selection menu for the Objective Analysis report. In this release, the following work was completed:
- We added a dropdown menu to display relevant classes.
- We included each teacher's classes across domains.
- We added list filtering by class name.
- We limited the menu to include only classes using the relevant assessment type.
We added navigation enhancements to the Pearson Connexus next-generation assessment report that allow the teacher to:
- highlight the scores above 80%
- highlight the scores below 60%
- hover to see items tested, and
- expand the standard set.
We updated the Average Objective Performance report view. In this release, the following work was completed:
- We added a view of all standards for all assessments in the course.
- We added a notation (-) that will display for untested standards.
- We added a Class Assessments header.
- We modified the view to display only current, actionable student data.
August 20, 2019
We fixed a bug in the Student Activity Tracker that prevented users from logging attendance.
August 15, 2019
We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from creating log entries for students with expired enrollments.
We enhanced the the Student Activity Tracker log CSV file to include data for course name.
August 13, 2019
We fixed a bug that prevented users from viewing the last line of text in lessons.
July 30, 2019
We enhanced the Student Activity Tracker, enabling users to select a Curriculum Based Assessment (CBA) status from the Contact Type dropdown menu.
We enhanced the Contact List so teachers can view additional student details and status information for Curriculum Based Assessments (CBAs).
July 30, 2019
We fixed a bug that prompted users to log in when they were already logged in and navigating through a course.
- We added animations to display when users navigate between activities.
- We updated course, student, and objective proficiency components on analytics screens.
- We changed the See all notes button text to Go to all notes in the User Notes panel.
- We added the ability to save or submit assessments if the browser closes while a user is completing an assessment.
- We fixed a bug that caused lists to display text with underlined hover style when users logged out then logged back in.
- We added a dropdown indicator to the top-most user menu.
- We updated the Teacher > Gradebook analytics and Admin > Test Analytics screens..
- we fixed a bug in the Activity player that caused users to be taken to the Editor after opening, editing, and closing an activity.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity grader that caused users to be taken to the Editor after opening, editing, and closing an activity.
- We fixed a bug that caused the prompt Where would you like to edit? to display at multiple junctures after users had already made a selection when editing derivative courses.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented teachers from removing answer feedback from assessment questions.
- We fixed a bug in the Student Performance report that sometimes caused cells in the Enrollment ID column to be empty.
- We fixed a bug in the Dropbox rich-text editor that erroneously allowed non-media files to be selected.
- We fixed a bug in the Student Performance report that allowed cells in the Enrollment ID column to remain empty.
- We updated Export and Import Scores UIs.
- We updated the Import Scores feature to allow users to preview data when importing.
- We removed the Feature switch for the Community experimental feature.
- We improved keyboard navigation for various screens.
- We updated the course Gradebook > Mastery/Mastery Details/Student Mastery screens.
- We improved search speeds in the Admin app.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from copying and pasting text from an email sent from the Clipboard into another email.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Use as observer option from displaying on the User Menu.
- We updated the Final grades screen user interface.
- We updated the Activity Stream for Teachers and Observers user interface.
- We fixed a bug that caused modal bars to display with incorrect colors.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented users from receiving a forgot password email.
- We fixed a bug in the Restore Courses tool that sometimes displayed incorrect user names for a person deleting a course.
- We completed the following enhancements to Turnitin activities to streamline configuration and grading:
- Enabled student submissions to Turnitin to display as Needs Grading.
- Enabled the ability for Turnitin activities to be sent with associated due date, grace period rule, grade release date, and points possible, to reduce the need for teachers to configure activities directly in Turnitin.
July 16, 2019
We fixed a bug in the User Management application that prevented OBL and School Administrators from downloading failed reports from the Reports History tab.
July 1, 2019
- We added the ability for students to mark their own lessons complete. Prior to this change, activities within student lessons were automatically marked complete based on the length of time spent in that activity.
- We modified Connexus EMS courses to prevent students from accessing lessons’ assessments prior to completing all the lessons.
- We enhanced the course tree in Connexus EMS courses to ensure contents of Unit Overviews are placed within the unit folders, allowing students to view Unit Overview Summaries without clicking additional items.
- We updated Connexus EMS courses to prevent modification of lesson content.
- We removed redundant assessment links in Connexus EMS courses, allowing students to access online assessments with fewer clicks.
- We enhanced the course tree items in Connexus EMS courses to follow a multi-level numbering pattern. For example:
1. Course Overview
1.1 Getting Started in Middle School
1.1.1 Getting Started
- We enhanced Connexus EMS courses to ensure the first activity of student lessons is populated on the student’s calendar for all Continuous Course enrollment types.
June 29, 2019
We made updates to accommodate the new User Interface (UI) . In this release, we:
- Removed the Buzz header toolbar, including Text-to-Speech (TTS), WebMail, and Chat. WebMail now displays in the side menu.
- Replaced Chat with LiveTutor, an application that will allow real-time communication between teachers and students.
- Moved the LiveTutor link, which now appears on the LiveLesson Portal.
- Moved the WebMail link to the side menu, and it will now open in a separate tab when launched.
- Made TTS available from within courses.
June 13, 2019
We fixed a bug that caused content to flash while loading the MyPortal page.
June 11, 2019
We updated menu icons and titles to better align the side menu with both the current and new Buzz UIs.
We added a list of items that students must complete before accessing an assessment, if students attempt to open assessments without completing previous items.
May 30, 2019
We fixed a bug in the Contact List that prevented users from searching for students on the list view page.
May 23, 2019
We fixed a bug that prevented correct answers from displaying in assessments when users selected the Show Correct Answer button.
May 21, 2019
We moved LiveTutor links from Chat to LiveLesson to allow access with fewer clicks.
March 22, 2019
We completed work on the Change Username Feature. In this release, we added:
- functionality allowing administrators to save a new password, and
- notifications with new credentials for affected users.
- We fixed a bug in Dashboard that caused withdrawn and inactive students to display as actively enrolled in courses for some teachers.
- We removed the activity type for RSS feeds.
March 8, 2019
We fixed a bug that prevented some assessments from properly submitting, and prevented students and teachers from accessing them again to attempt resubmission or grading.
March 7, 2019
We added course filtering to the List View page, which will allow teachers to filter by course title to quickly view student information in the courses they teach.
We fixed a bug that prevented user profile pictures from properly and consistently displaying in Chat.
March 5, 2019
We added course and enrollment status filtering to the Student Detail View page, which will allow teachers to quickly see the courses in which their students are actively enrolled.
March 4, 2019
- We removed HS: Pre-Algebra courses from subscription domains. Use the middle school catalogs' Pre-Algebra courses instead, which have been updated to HTML. There are a full-year CCSS, two semester courses, or four quarter courses available for Pre-Algebra. The content did not change, just the location within the subscriptions. We also increased the options of course styles to suit middle school and high school needs. If you are using these courses this school year, you can use them to complete the year. Remember: the course is Flash based and not mobile compatible. If you have Chromebooks, it is recommended to enroll your students in the MS: Pre-Algebra [M] course instead. You can export the Gradebook from the HS course, then import the grades into the MS course. Contact Support with any questions.
February 7, 2019
We retired HS: Pre-Algebra (Flex), HS: Pre-Algebra (Prescriptive), and HS: Pre-Algebra (Sequential) courses. These courses are now only Middle School content.
We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from hiding teacher-only content from students in courses that the teachers imported.
February 5, 2019
We fixed a bug in WebMail that prevented users from seeing contact lists of enrolled students and teachers.
January 25, 2019
We fixed a bug that erroneously allowed students to view the lesson guide within courses.
January 22, 2019
We addressed an issue that caused teachers to see erroneous alerts and links on their Dashboard for students who were imported from Connexus and had no Accommodation data.
January 9, 2019
We fixed a bug in the Student Activity Tracker that prevented users from entering or modifying attendance entries when using Firefox browsers.
January 1, 2019
- Updated the Journal and Blog post editor to limit titles to fewer than 1000 characters.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some multiple-choice questions from loading for Chrome users with version 70.0.3538.110.
We removed the Connexus EMS Help icon from the Buzz Menu and made changes to the Help icon.
December 18, 2018
We added security features to avatar images to safeguard user images from unauthenticated access.
December 14, 2018
We fixed a bug that prevented administrators and teachers from entering attendance for multiple users.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from editing student attendance records from code to hours in the calendar view.
December 5, 2018
We fixed a bug in the Student Activity Tracker that prevented users from entering dates when using Firefox browsers.
We fixed a bug in the Student Activity Tracker that prevented the Reason for Change option from displaying in the List view.
November 29, 2018
We fixed a bug in the Digital Library that caused deleted titles to be included in the number of available titles in a collection.
We fixed a bug in Reports under the Other Reports tab that erroneously allowed users to enter out-of-range numbers for numeric report parameters.
We fixed a bug that prevented the Raw Scores report from running for large data sets.
We improved download times for Other Reports in the Reports tab.
November 20, 2018
- Fixed a bug in the Grade Editor that prevented teachers from reviewing some past assessment submissions.
November 16, 2018
We fixed a bug that prevented log entry descriptions from displaying inaccurate data in the Description field.
November 13, 2018
We added styles for the notification toast pop-ups to the style guide to provide a uniform visual treatment across our Single-Page Applications.
- We fixed a bug in the Wiki History viewer that prevented browsers from responding when users attempted to view wiki histories with large pages.
- We improved the styles of the What-If Calculator, allowing visibility of more grade rows.
- We fixed a bug that prevented assessment questions from accurately formatting when users switched between the text editor and the visual editor.
- We enhanced the display for students and teachers who log in but have no active enrollments. Now, they receive a clearer message, and we added the ability for Administrators to provide custom help and support links to display on users’ Home Pages.
November 7, 2018
Welcome WebMail Report Update
We updated the Welcome WebMail Teacher Manager Report that allows administrators and teachers to view if and when students have received a welcome message from their teachers. In this release, the following work was completed:
- Added a teacher accountability metric that doesn't penalize teachers when they start a course after a student.
- Added the ability for teachers to view status over time.
October 25, 2018
We rolled back code deployed to fix a bug that prevented new student enrollments from being placed if the corresponding master course was changed because the code also prevented new orders from being placed.
We updated the course-setting checkbox wording that affects due date calculation in continuous courses, changing it from "Skip non-activity item when generating due dates" to “When auto-generating due dates, provide less time for activities that require only viewing” to improve clarity.
October 23, 2018
- Fixed a bug that prevented activities checked to Exclude from final grade in the Grading Scheme Editor from correctly displaying as checked.
- Fixed a bug that caused the HTML aria-describedby attribute to disappear from an activity's content.
October 18, 2018
Bug Fixed That Prevented Reviewing of Assessments
We fixed a bug that prevented students from viewing a previously completed assessment if the student started to retake it but had not yet submitted it.
October 12, 2018
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from creating audio/video feedback in the Grade Editor and Activity Grader.
- We fixed a bug that caused extraneous due date settings to display for Dropbox activities in continuous courses.
- We fixed a bug in the Grade Editor that prevented users from selecting "allow retry" on some assessments.
- We fixed a bug that caused certain types of choice parameters to incorrectly set in the Other Reports tab.
- We changed the message that displays after students resubmit Dropbox assignments. Now, students will view one of the following:
- (upon submission) You have successfully submitted this assignment. You have no further attempts.
- (student did not submit but teacher assigned a score) You have received a score for this assignment. You have no further attempts.
- We updated the rubric editor to calculate fractional point values for rubric columns.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from reviewing assessments as their students would review them.
October 10, 2018
We fixed a bug in timed assessments that displayed incorrect agreement (e.g., 1 hour, 1 minutes remaining rather than 1 hour, 1 minute).
October 2, 2018
Bug Fixed that Prevented Users from Accessing Contact Lists
We fixed a bug in WebMail that prevented users from accessing their Contact Lists when they opened WebMail from the header icon.
September 19, 2018
Course Details Report Streamlines Course Management
We created a new Course Details report to provide administrators with an exportable list of all courses, their metadata and creation/modification information. Administrators will access the report from the Other Reports menu of the Admin app. Go to MyPearsonTraining to review the report guide that contains additional report details and instructions for running the report.
September 18, 2018
We added a Content Delivery Network to the Dashboard SPA to enable files to be physically closer to users and to decrease the number of files transferred, which will improve performance.
We fixed a bug in timed assessments that sometimes prevented students' last answers from saving before the time ran out.
September 13, 2018
- We fixed a bug in the Other Reports tab that allowed users to input text characters as type number.
- We removed an invalid Help link that displayed on the Other Reports tab.
- We fixed a bug in the Other Reports tab that prevented date type parameters from displaying in reports when date parameters weren’t modified.
- We fixed a bug that caused extra dates in the filename to display in some exported reports.
September 7, 2018
We fixed a bug that prevented students from using Chat when they are moved from one course enrollment to another course enrollment.
September 6, 2018
New WebMail Welcome Report
We created the Welcome WebMail Teacher Manager Report that allows administrators and teachers to view if and when students have received a welcome message from their teachers.
We updated the format of some courses in Pearson Connexus to match the look of the courses in Connexus.
Fixed a bug that prevented users from proceeding to the assessment review page when they attempted to submit some assessments using FireFox browsers version 57 or greater.
August 30, 2018
We added a user hierarchy to the Data Warehouse database to allow teacher supervisors to filter the Webmail Manager Report by teacher level.
August 23, 2018
Students can no longer see other students' notes and highlights on Pearson Realize SSO Content
We fixed a bug that erroneously caused students signed into Pearson Realize to view highlighted content and notes of other students instead of their own.
August 23, 2018
- Made BrainHoney reports available in the Reports tool.
- We enhanced the rich-text editor to allow course authors to create links from a Resource or Assignment type activity's content to an LTI-designated activity in the course, and now opens in a new browser tab.
- We added a message notifying users if they attempted to drop a folder with more than the maximum 100 items into the Resources tab of the Syllabus tool. Prior to this release, attempts that exceeded the maximum number of items failed without notifying users.
- We fixed a bug that erroneously caused some iframes to display in announcements.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented users from logging out.
- We added a message window that prompts students to confirm they wish to add a choice activity on their Grades page.
- We fixed a bug that caused the self-assign folder field to extend outside the window in folders with long titles.
August 14, 2018
We fixed a bug in assessments that caused fractions to erroneously display as whole numbers after users selected Show Correct Answer.
July 31, 2018
We deactivated links to Discovery Education in 2017-2018 courses. Selecting the links will now result in an error message. For 2018-2019 courses we will offer access to Shmoop content instead.
July 18, 2018
- Fixed a bug in Domain Settings that prevented users from editing a subdomain’s settings if a parent domain had the following predefined settings:
Domain Options > Domain Metadata
User Options > User Metadata
Course Options > Course Metadata, Question Metadata
- Fixed a bug in Domain Settings that prevented entries merging between the child domain and parent domain for the settings of:
Domain Options > Custom Clipboard Tabs, Login Redirects
- Fixed a bug in My Library that prevented the Choice Folder/Activities from displaying.
- Fixed a bug in the Activities gradebook view of a MOS course that prevented red/green passing colors from displaying for activities that overrode the default course passing score.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from signing back in to sessions with the single sign-on (SSO) when the sessions timed out.
July 10, 2018
June 29, 2018
We added a message to notify students when they attempt to start an assessment that has no questions.
We fixed a bug that caused Export Scores to export rolled-up course grades instead of period grades when a grading period was selected.
We added the ability for students to collapse or expand the Activities tool sidebar navigation when completing activities.
June 26, 2018
New Welcome Webmail Feature for Welcoming Enrolled Students
We enhanced the previous Newly Enrolled tab of the teacher Dashboard to now show all Enrolled Students. Additionally, we added an option to send a special Welcome Message WebMail to newly enrolled students. This option will be available as long as the selected students:
- Are in the same course
- Have already started their courses
- Have not already received a Welcome Message
In addition, we added a new Welcome Message column to inform teachers if a student still needs to receive a welcome message. This column counts down one week from the student enrollment start date. An overdue warning displays for students going over a week without receiving a welcome message.
June 19, 2018
Show Correct Answer Bug Fixed
We fixed a bug in assessments that prevented the Show Correct Answer button from displaying when students submitted incorrect answers.
June 13, 2018
- We changed the way student activity time is calculated to avoid double counting. Previously, if two activities were opened at the same time, the activity time included both activities. Now, activity time only displays for the most recently opened activity.
- We eliminated the option for students to start or retake an assessment if the current version of an assessment contains no questions.
- We added an adjustable vertical content divider for Passage questions.
Bug Fixed that Displayed Blank Names on Student Activity Tracker
We fixed a bug that caused blank user names and domain names to display on the Student Activity Tracker page if users were not enrolled in any courses.
June 5, 2018
Bug Fixed That Prevented Grading of Assessments
We fixed a bug that prevented teachers and observers from viewing a completed assessment if the student started to retake it but had not yet submitted it.
May 21, 2018
Fixed a bug in Multi-outcome Score courses that caused an X to erroneously display for some excused activities in exported scores.
We updated the Add IMS Package functionality to support IMS Thin Common Cartridge, version 1.3.
We fixed a bug that caused the activity player to incorrectly strip closed-captioning elements from videos.
May 18, 2018
We added an indicator to all timed assessments that displays the time remaining to complete the assessment. This indicator will help students pace themselves to ensure the assessment is completed in the allotted time.
Message Displays to Indicate an Assessment is Timed
We added the following sentence to the start page of all timed assessments: "This assessment is timed. You have [X] minutes to complete the assessment. After [X] minutes, the assessment will submit automatically." Prior to this addition, there was not an explicit message that an assessment was timed. This information will help students pace their test-taking efforts.
April 25, 2018
We fixed a bug that caused a spacing issue in assessments for Google Chrome V65 users.
We added the ability to import IMS packages, including common cartridges and QTI questions, or SCORM packages into courses.
We added the ability to use replacement variables in grading feedback in the Activity Grader and Grade Editor, which allows placement of a variable code in your feedback. The variables are automatically replaced with dynamic values drawn from user information when the feedback is delivered to the student.
April 17, 2018
Bug Fixed that Prevented Students from Saving Some Course Notes
We fixed a bug that caused errors and prevented students from saving some Course Notes.
April 10, 2018
Message Alerts Students that Some Assessments Cannot Be Reviewed
We created a custom message to notify students that they cannot review assessments for courses in sections that have not started or have ended. Previously, students received an error message. Now, the following message displays, "This assessment is not currently available for review. Your section has not started, or it has already ended. Please contact your teacher with questions about this assessment."
April 4, 2018
Chat Bug Fixed that Prevented Enrollment Rosters from Updating
We fixed a bug that prevented enrollments from updating in Chat.
March 20, 2018
Fixed a bug that prevented sorting by the Proficiency column in the Test Analytics report’s Proficiency by Student section.
Fixed a bug that prevented users from using custom content links to navigate to other locations on the page when Fit content to available height and width was enabled and the HTML page had DocType defined.
Fixed a bug that caused a background color to display on the Community Search page for Firefox users when they scrolled down.
Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the year 1753 to display instead of an empty cell in the date cell for exported student data.
Fixed a bug that caused a Group set's group-assignment algorithm to revert to Random when users selected None and reopened the Generate Groups dialog.
March 22, 2018
Empty Room Message Box not Displaying for Chat Users
We fixed a bug in Chat that prevented a message box from displaying if there were no other participants in the Chat room. Now, a message will notify users that they are attempting to enter an empty room.
March 22, 2018
Assessment Materialization Service Renamed Assessment Grading Service
We changed the display name of Assessment Materialization Service to Assessment Grading Service. This system performs updates for automated grading, so the name change will accurately describe the system's performance and enable students to better understand assessment history.
March 20, 2018
Bug Fixed that Prevented Users from Saving some Course Notes
We fixed a bug that prevented students from saving some of their Course Notes.
March 20, 2018
- We fixed a bug that prevented students’ posts from displaying when selected from blogs or journals.
- We changed the name of the Grading Period option Show the overall course score with the current grading-period score to Enable weighted grading periods and final course score to better describe the function.
- We fixed a bug that prevented activity dates from correctly auto-adjusting for courses created from domain-defined templates.
- We fixed a bug that prevented student LTI activities from displaying in the Grade Editor.
- We fixed a bug that prevented custom content from jumping to other content when the Fit content to available height and width was selected.
February 28, 2018
Chat Bug Fixed that Prevented Students from Quickly Viewing Available Tutors
- We fixed a bug in Chat that caused up to 60 seconds of lag time before students could view available tutors. Now, available tutors display more quickly.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from deleting existing scores using Quick-Edit in the Teacher app.
- We added an aria-label (i.e., a tag to help assistive technology such as screen readers) to the upper toolbar. This aria-label will identify the toolbar as the main toolbar for screen readers.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused changes to metadata fields to save even when users selected Cancel instead of Save after making changes.
- We added missing labels for screen-readers on the teacher's course home page for the projects and agendas toolbars.
- We fixed a bug that prevented dropping items from My Library or the Resource panel into an empty course to create the first course item.
- We updated the Activity Grader and Analytics tabs to show inactive enrollments.
February 27, 2018
Bug Fixed that Prevented Users from Accessing WebMail
We fixed a bug that prevented users from accessing WebMail.
February 22, 2018
Work Begins to Improve Dashboard
We updated Academic Dashboard to improve functionality. This release is the first step in an ongoing effort to address issues that are preventing teachers from viewing some of their students.
Bug Fixed that Prevented Teachers and Administrators from Viewing Some Students in their Contact Lists
We fixed a bug in WebMail that prevented teachers and administrators from viewing students in their contact lists if the students moved from one course to another.
February 16, 2018
WebMail Users Can Now Launch WebMail in a Separate Tab
We added the ability for WebMail users to launch WebMail in a separate tab by accessing WebMail through the header icon.
February 7, 2018
We enabled administrators to disable email use in the Teacher and Student apps, using the Domain Settings XML Editor. To disable email use, follow the steps below:
- Open Domain Settings.
- Select the XML Editor button.
- Add the following code to the Settings field:
- <feature sendmail="false" />
- We improved the Google document picker to show Google Folders, and we added a Team Drive tab.
- We added the latest U.S.state and national objectives provided by the Achievement Standards Network (ASN). To receive the new or updated objectives, course authors must import or reimport the desired objectives into their courses. Objectives from ASN will be synced on a regular basis beginning this week.
- We fixed a bug that prevented exporting of scores for activities without titles.
- We fixed a bug that caused the application to time out if a user tried to create groups without specifying the number of students per group. The default is now one person per group.
- We fixed a bug that caused the final grades editor tool to display the wrong period scores when users added some periods to a course, then deleted any period but the last.
- We fixed a bug that prevented sample essay answers from displaying to the grader when grading their own submission.
- We fixed a bug that allowed users without necessary permissions to list domain resources.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from grading assessments if the graderule was average and the weight (i.e., points possible) was 0.We added Google Team Drives to Google Integration. Now, documents in these drives appear as Google Doc options.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused activities or folders to disappear when users tried to drag and drop them.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused editing a newly created domain's subdomain to result in saving inherited settings to the new subdomain.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from importing scores using a CSV file if the title contained tabs.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused scrollbars to unnecessarily appear when printing student grades.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the Performance/Gradebook tool from displaying an All Grades print preview when selected.
- We fixed a bug that caused period scores to always appear red in the Performance/Gradebook tool.
- We updated the way the Performance/Gradebook > Student screen displays icons for submitted and completed activities. When a student submits a gradable activity, both teacher and student now see a document (submitted) icon. Once the teacher grades and returns the activity, both will see a green checkmark.
- We fixed a bug that caused errors when Firefox users attempted to load custom questions.
- We fixed a bug that caused an error message to erroneously display when users created a course copy using a template with the Adjust due, visibility and grade release dates based on course start date box checked even though the copy was made.
- We fixed a bug that caused links to activities to be inactive in the Syllabus Editor after bulk updates were performed.
- We updated the Reported column in the Performance/Gradebook screen to show a Grading Period score when available.
- We fixed a bug that caused administrators without the right to delete courses to receive an "Access denied" message when they tried to edit a course from the Courses tool.
- We fixed a bug that caused exempted questions to erroneously display as not exempted.
- We updated the Add selected to Clipboard button in the Teacher app > Performance/Gradebook > Student screen > For Me tab to add the currently viewed student to the Clipboard when selected.
- We fixed a bug on the Activities > Course Home page that caused the wrong content to display until the author refreshed the page after a course author edited course landing-page content.
- We fixed a bug that caused images in agendas to break when users copied and pasted agendas from different courses.
- We updated page numbers to reset when users navigate from one screen to another in the Digital Library.
- We added a print button to the Print Student Grades menu that will allow content to fully load before printing.
- We updated the Assessment Question editor to include questions from subscriptions when listing question-linking options.
- We updated the Peer Assessment activity editor to show the activity title field on the Activity tab only.
- We updated the Performance/Gradebook tool to display a zero for weighted activities with a score and weight of zero. Previously, the Needs Grading icon appeared for activities in this state.
- We updated the Activity List to scroll to and focus on activities searched for by users.
- We updated the Gradebook page to reposition to the left of the screen after filtering results.
- We fixed a bug that prevented essay questions from being marked as Attempted after students reviewed the questions.
Bug Fixed that Denied Certain Users WebMail Use
We fixed a bug in WebMail that prevented Caretakers/Observers -- roles that do not have their own mailboxes -- from using WebMail as students even though they were enrolled in Caretaker Tutorial courses as students.
Unread Message Count Added to WebMail Folders
We added a count of unread messages a user has in WebMail folders. This enhancement will help users to better manage their messages.
February 6, 2018
Bug Fixed that Disabled Chat
We fixed a bug in Chat that prevented the application from working and required a server patch to correct.
Chat Bug Fixed that Failed to Display Domain ID
Fixed a bug in Chat that prevented domain IDs from displaying for some students.
Updated Calculator to Graphing Calculator
Updated Calculator to Graphing Calculator in Chat to better describe the expected function.
Chat Bug Fixed that Allow Chats with Invisible Tutors
We fixed a bug that erroneously allowed students to initiate chats with Tutors with an Invisible status if the Tutor adjusted their chat settings while Invisible.
Chat Bug Fixed that Caused Performance Degradation
We fixed a bug in Chat that prevented the application from working properly and resulted in performance degradation that required a server patch to correct.
February 6, 2018
Responses to Lengthy Fill-in-the-blank Assessment Questions Now Display
We updated assessments to display lengthy responses to Fill-in-the-blank questions.
January 30, 2018
Bug Fixed that Prevented Some Assessment Submissions
We fixed a bug that prevented students from submitting assessments if the students failed to visit each page of an assessment.
Administrative Users Can Now Set Passwords for NextGen Assessments
We enabled administrative users and teacher authors to set passwords within the Assessments Settings for NextGen assessment activities. Now, students will be prompted to enter a password each time they take the assessment, and the "This assessment is locked" message will no longer display to students.
January 25, 2018
Administrative Users Can Now Grade NextGen Assessments
Administrative users can now grade NextGen assessments if they have the Grade Assessments domain permission. Previously, users had to be enrolled in the course to grade NextGen assessments for that course.
Bug Fixed That Showed Duplicate Assessment Submissions in Student History
We fixed a bug in students' History feed on the Home Page that caused assessment submissions to appear twice, with one of the submissions erroneously displaying 0%.
January 23, 2018
WebMail Icon Now Notifies Users of New Messages
We added a new WebMail icon, located in the upper-right toolbar, that includes a count of unread messages. This count alerts WebMail users when they have received a new message.
Bug Fixed That Prevented Certain Assessments From Loading
We fixed a bug that prevented some assessments from loading due to an internal error.
Show Correct Toggle Bug Fixed For Hot Text Items
We fixed a bug in assessments that caused students' incorrect responses to remain highlighted even after selecting the Show Correct Answer toggle.
KG for Kindergarten Code Option Added to Attendance Report
We updated the Attendance Report to include both K and KG code options for Kindergarten. Prior to this change, the database only associated K with Kindergarten, so schools that identified Kindergarten as KG received an error message.
January 18, 2018
Administrators Can Exempt Students from Time Limits for Assessments
We added a new setting to students' user accounts that will enable Administrators to exempt students from adhering to time limits on assessments. Now, Administrators can select the Ignore time limit on assessments option to allow certain students to take timed assessments without a timer.
WebMail Bug Fixed that Prevented Replied Arrow from Displaying
We fixed a bug that prevented the replied arrow symbol from displaying next to the recipient's name after a user replied to a WebMail message.
January 9, 2018
Efforts to Enhance WebMail Continue
We updated WebMail, as part of a continuing effort to improve its service. In this release the following work was completed:
- Extended the number of recipients on a single message from 500 to 5,000, enabling users to send messages to a greater number people.
- Made improvements to WebMail processing.
Teachers' WebMail Contact Lists Display Only Courses They Teach
We updated the WebMail Contact List for teachers. Now, teachers' Contact Lists only display courses they teach.
January 5, 2018
Updated Link to Release Notes on Login Page
We updated the link to release notes on the Pearson Connexus Login Page. This link now takes users to a Zendesk-based release notes page that lists work completed to the Connexus EMS.
Link to Get Interactive Help Updated on the Login Page
We updated the link to Get Interactive Help on the Login Page. This link allows users to connect with a representative from the Technical Support team.
January 5, 2018
January 4, 2018
WebMail Now Automatically Retrieves and Displays New Messages
We added the ability to automatically retrieve and display new WebMail messages in a user's WebMail inbox without requiring the user to refresh or reload the page. In a future release, we will also provide users with a notification count for their unread messages.
Invoice Report Bug Fixed that Erroneously Displayed Licensing Violations When Students Changed Courses
We fixed a bug that caused student licensing violations to display when students changed their course enrollments.
Bug Fixed that Altered the Appearance of Special Characters in World Language Assessments
We fixed a bug that prevented special characters such as accented letters from properly displaying in World Language Assessments.