To ensure student focus stays on task, upcoming content for Prescriptive courses or activities that have restrictive settings applied was blocked from student view until they completed the preceding lessons. We call this gated content because users must “pass through gates in the correct order” to complete a course. In the past, Observers were blocked from viewing gated content as well, but this inhibits their ability to adequately prepare for helping their students study.
Administrators can now select to allow Observers to view gated content. To do so:
- From the Admin app, select the More (three dots) icon.
- Select Domain Settings.
- Scroll down to the Observer Options card.
- Check the Allow Observers to view gated content. Please note that this setting affects ALL Observers in the Domain. You cannot limit it to specific schools, classes, or students.
- Select Save in the upper right of your screen to save changes.
The Allow Observers to view gated content setting allows Observers to preview activities that have added restrictions or prerequisites applied, which would encompass any of these settings:
- Course setting > Advanced Options, where students must complete each activity in the given order to advance.
- Editor settings on an Activity > Visibility and Access for students:
- Block access until student completes other activity
- Block access until student masters objective(s)
- Block student access until a specified date