Pearson allows administrators to integrate entire domains with Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) tools, so teachers and other course authors can link to LTI activities.
This article covers how course authors can link to individual LTI activities within a course:
- Create LTI 1.1 activities
- Create LTI 1.3 activities
Configure LTI 1.1 tools
For LTI 1.1 tool links, administrators configure their domains by adding an LTI 1.1 Tool in Domain settings. The tool definition includes a DNS hostname (such as api.turnitin.com), a public key, and a shared secret.
- Open the vertical menu in the toolbar of Domain Details.
- Select Domain Settings.
- On the LTI 1.1 tools card, select Add.
The Hostname; use the URL that matches your location:
UK users: api.turnitinuk.com
All other users: api.turnitin.com
The LTI Key (your Turnitin account number)
The account Secret (configured by your Turnitin administrator in the Turnitin LTI integration setup).
Note: To integrate other LTIs, follow these same steps using the proper information. Consumer Keys and Shared Secrets are generated for individual institutions. Your institution should have the necessary information.
- Select Save.
Configure LTI 1.3 tools
Administrators can configure their domains for LTI 1.3 tools in the Domain settings.
- Select Add on the LTI 1.3 tools card.
- Provide the following:
Tool Title as you want it to appear.
A Description of the tool.
A DNS Tool hostname (such as api.turnitin.com).
The following fields provided by the tool: ClientID, OpenID connect login URL, Tool key set URL, Tool redirect URL.
- In the User data sent at launch dropdown, check the boxes next to the user data you want included:
- In the LTI services dropdown, check the boxes next to the services included in the tool:
Assignment and grade
Names and role provisioning
- Scroll down and check the Domain-wide box to apply the integration to subdomains.
Example: If you administer a district domain that has several child domains that are schools, you can configure the tool in the district domain, check this box, and all courses in all the school domains can use the tool without manually configuring the tool in each school domain. Note: This feature is not available in 1.1 tools.
- Check the Enabled box to make the integration live; if this box is not checked, the tool is ignored when launching links. Note: Disabling and enabling an integration is not available in 1.1 tools.
- Select Done and Save the new settings.