Using the Configure tool, Administrators can customize a domain to meet their institution’s needs.
Most customizations are inherited by subdomains. This allows institutions that manage many domains to apply some settings to be used by all of the domains. However, in some cases an inherited setting is not desired.
To remove inherited settings, select the subdomain and change the setting within the subdomain. This impacts that subdomain and any domains downline from it.
The following settings are not inherited by subdomains:
- Authentication (managed from Domain Settings)
- Domain-wide assessment passwords (managed from the Domain Details tool)
- Google Drive (managed from Domain Settings)
- LTI Credentials (managed from Domain Settings)
- Peer Help configurations (managed from Domain Settings)