The Enrollments Tool contains a new way for teachers to track and send welcome messages
to newly enrolled students as well as important information for students enrolled in courses a teacher is currently teaching.
To improve student success, we are introducing a new way for teachers to track and send welcome messages to newly enrolled students. A welcome message is an introductory message to an online course that contains useful information such as grading guidelines, teacher contact info, how to get extra help, etc.
Enrolled Students shows all students enrolled in your course. While you can still send a regular WebMail, we added the ability to send a special Welcome Message WebMail for teachers who wish to use it.
This option will be available as long as:
- The welcome message is sent to a single student or multiple students enrolled in the same course.
- The student start date in the course has begun.
- The student has not yet received a welcome message for the course.
The Welcome Message column displays if a student has received a welcome message, in addition to the number of days the student has gone without receiving a message.
For detailed instructions, please visit
Search and Filter the Grid by Student Name, Course, or Program
- Locate the Search bar above the grid and below the status tabs.
- Enter a student name, course, or program in the search text field. The grid begins filtering after the second character is entered. The following screen displays.
Export a .CSV File of Students in the Enrollments Tool
Teachers and Administrators can download and change data in an Excel file by exporting a .csv file of student data. To export a .csv file, follow these steps.
- Select Export as CSV in the top right corner of the page from any tab in the Enrollments Tool.
- Locate the file path of the download. The export lists every student regardless of status.
- Open the file in Excel or a similar program, and modify the data as needed.
Sending and Composing WebMail from the Enrollments Tool.
Select Students to Send WebMail
- Select the People tool in the top-left corner of the grid. A drop-down menu displays.
Note: This drop-down menu is dynamic. It depends on the tab and filtered search criteria. Select Enrolled Students to include all students in this tab. To select specific students from the tab, select the box to the left of the students' names.
- Once all checkboxes next to students' names are selected, Compose Message is activated, displaying the total number of students currently selected.
Individual students can be deselected by selecting the checkbox next to a student's name.
- To deselect all selected students, select the dropdown menu , then select Clear All.
- To add additional students before composing the WebMail message, select the desired tab, and add students as described above.
Compose WebMail Message to Selected Students
- Once a student or multiple students have been selected, select Compose Message. A New WebMail Message window displays. Note: Student names only appear once, even when students are in multiple groups.
- Remove students from a WebMail message by selecting the X to the right of the students' names.
- Complete the Subject and Body, then select Send Message to submit the WebMail message to the listed recipients. Select Cancel to close without sending and return to the Enrollments Tool.