The Course Management Tool allows users to simultaneously copy one or more multiple courses. How the tool behaves changes based on the type of domain from which it's run.
- District domain: District admins can copy multiple courses from the purchased Pearson Connexus catalog(s), listed in the domain subscription tab.
- School domain: School admins can copy multiple courses from the district domain.
Important - never use the Course Management tool within the school domain when you are logged in as a district administrator. Use this tool only with the local admin account. District admins should create local school admin accounts for themselves for local course management needs.
Using the Course Management tool:
Log in to the local domain as an Administrator, then go to the Admin app.
Select the Course Management tool from the Main menu.
Courses are limited to a single subscription. Pearson does this to ensure our customers copy down our national or state courses. Filtering the available content by subscription takes the guess work out of it. Courses can also be located by using a text search, if desired. After selecting the filters, select List Courses.
- At the top of the page, a confirmation of the filters selected and a list of the courses available to copy displays. Only the courses that do not already exist in the local domain display in the results. This tool will only allow the first copy of a master course, it will not include any courses already copied into the domain. All courses are selected by default; deselect unwanted courses. Select Next when the course selection is finalized.
- A summary of the filters displays the total courses selected and a set of options to apply for all courses. The defaults can be changed and will apply to all courses copied.
At this point, you can copy courses with the above settings only or apply additional course settings to all the courses being copied.
To copy with only these settings, select Copy Courses.
To apply additional course settings, open the View more settings options. Applying these setting during the initial course copy process can save admins from having to apply a template or manually update each course’s settings individually.
If you plan to repeat this process, select Save my settings before copying to retain your selections on the next set of courses. If using this option, be aware that the selections will only be applied when the panel is open. If the additional setting view is collapsed, they will not be applied in the course copy process.
NOTE: Any changes made in additional settings can increase the copy time. If you run into timeouts with a large course list, reduce the number of courses and retry the process.
- Select Copy Courses. After the courses are copied, a Home button allows you to go back to the first page and copy more courses for another subscription, if desired.