Evaluate classmates' performance through a Peer Assessment using a rubric provided by the Teacher. This could be focused on a specific activity (like a group project, a presentation, a blog, etc.) or on more general performance (things like participation, collaboration, etc.).
Select Peer Assessment from the To-do List or Course Home tool.
With the activity selected, you can select View Rubric to review the evaluation guidance provided by your teacher.
The rubric lists:
- The specific behaviors your teacher wants you to evaluate and the total number of points possible for each.
- The levels of performance your classmate can earn on each behavior and the point ranges associated with each.
- A brief description of what your classmate should accomplish to earn each performance level.
- The total points possible for in the evaluation.
To complete a Peer Assessment:
- Select a peer to evaluate.
- If your teacher wants you to choose your own group, an Add a Group Member option appears. Select it, then select the classmate to evaluate. Do this for each student in your group.
- If your teacher has already assigned groups, your group members are listed here and you don't have the option to Add a Group Member. Select the classmate to evaluate.
- For each dimension, select the description that best matches your classmate's performance.
- Enter any feedback to include about your classmate's performance in this area. Your teacher can deactivate this option, so the field doesn't always display. Keep in mind that your classmate may see this evaluation.
- Enter Private comments to the teacher in the appropriate field.
- Select Save.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for each student you are required to evaluate (including yourself, if asked).