There are various reasons why Teachers may want to allow students to complete an assessment using paper. These include meeting specific Accommodations listed in an Individualized Education Program (IEP), in alignment with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Please note that the following directions do not apply to Next Generation assessments.
Print Unique Assessments for Each Student
To print assessments:
- Select Activities from the desired course card on the Home page.
- Select the assessment that you want to print, and click Print.
- Check the boxes next to the students for whom you want to print assessments. Each assessment that you print is:
- Associated with a specific student.
- Given a trackable version number.
- Counted as a "new attempt" and remains open until the printed assessment is returned and entered into the system (see Grade assessments section) or until the student complete the assessment through Connexus EMS.
- Select Print.
- Look over the print preview to ensure it's correct, and select Print, again.
- Distribute each assessment to the student named at the top.
Grade printed assessments
To grade printed assessments when they are returned:
- Select Gradebook from the desired course card on the Home page.
- Select the assessment, and click Submit Answers in the toolbar.
- Select the student whose assessment you want to grade.
- Make sure the version number is correct and enter the answers from the printed assessment into the appropriate fields.
- Select Submit. Pearson Connexus automatically grades the assessment, and a checkmark appears next to the student.