Navigate to the Gradebook tool within a Course Menu or from the Gradebook icon on the Course Card. This tool includes four main screens:
- Grades provide a table view of students (rows), activities (columns), and each student's score on each graded activity in the intersecting cells. You can:
- Select Display Options in the toolbar to choose the columns and other display details you want on the screen.
- Select Enable quick-edit grading in the toolbar to enter scores directly into the Grades table.
- Select Tools to Import Scores, Export Scores, and Go to final grades.
- Select a student to see and/or print their individual gradebook information.
- Select an assignment to open the Activity Grader for that assignment.
- Select a specific cell to open the Grade Editor for a particular student activity.
- Mastery lets you review the class' objective mastery. Here, you see each objective that is linked to one or more course activities listed along with an indication of how well the class, as a whole, seems to be mastering it.
- Note: This tab does not appear if you have not defined objectives for the course. Contact your system admin if you should have access to this tab, but it doesn't appear.
- Unit Summary displays each student's progress in completing the activities in the course, as a whole, as well as their progress in each course unit (units are folders in the Editor). This reflects all activities, both those that are gradable and those that aren't.
- For Me displays all personalized activities (choice activities, self-assigned tasks, and teacher-assigned Clipboard tasks and activities) for each student on the date it was assigned. Select the activities from the table to review and/or grade them.
Next to pending grades where they exist in the Gradebook: Pending scores represent activities that have been graded, but the score has not been returned to the student. Pending scores include:
- Scores that have been saved and not submitted.
- Scores that have been submitted, but the activity’s specified release date for the score has not passed.
Manage Grades Display Options
The Display Options button in the Grades toolbar allows you to manage all of the content available on the screen. The following sections describe each of these display options.
1. Edit Visible Columns
To choose which information you want to be displayed in the columns on the Grades screen, select Display Options > Edit Visible Columns. You can choose to show:
- Student Username
- Student External ID
- Time of student's Last Login
- Student Email Address
- Minutes the student spent in the course
- The grade you've Reported as final
- Gradable Completion (the progress completing gradable activities)
- Overall Completion (the progress completing all activities)
- Whether the student's grade Performance matches expectations
- Whether the student's Pace matches expectations
- Enrollment Status
- Enrollment Start date
- Enrollment End date
2. Edit Visible Footers
To choose which information you want to be displayed in the Grades footer, select Options > Edit Visible Columns. You can choose to show:
- Low scores
- Score Entry
- Grading Scale
- Available Date (which appears as "Student Access Date" in the footer)
- Due Date
- Grade-Release Date (which appears as "Score Visibility Date" in the footer)
3. Remaining display options
The remaining display options include:
Group Activities by:
Other View Options:
A Note on Sorting Your Gradebook
Teachers can sort columns by Standard, Description, Mastered, Not Mastered, and No attempt on the Mastery tab.
Pearson recommends sorting prior to selecting the Print view. If you attempt to sort after selecting the Print icon, it will not work.
Print student grades
To print a student's grades:
- Open the Grades tab from the Gradebook tool.
- Select the desired student.
- Select Print in the toolbar.