The rich text editor is similar to text editors you find in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and other word processors. It appears in various places throughout the app, but teachers will use it most when creating activities, and students will use it most when completing certain activities.
Here's a breakdown of what you can do with the rich text editor (from top, left-to-right):
- Top row
- Bold, italicize, strikethrough, and underline text.
- Apply subscript and superscript formatting.
- Choose a font.
- Choose a font size.
- Choose a font color.
- Choose font highlight color.
- Choose a paragraph format.
- Choose line height.
- Choose text alignment (e.g., left, center, right, or justified).
- Use the image editor to change alignment on images.
- Create a bulleted or numbered list.
- Bottom row
- Insert emoji
- Add URL links, course activity links, or linked course resources.
- Insert an image by uploading a file, pointing to a URL, or taking a picture (where available).
- Embed a YouTube video.
- Embed coded content (code view).
- Insert an equation.
- Create a table.
- Increase and reduce your text's indentation.
- Insert vertical quotation bars.
- Insert horizontal lines.
- Select all.
- Clear formatting
- Undo and redo the last step.
- Open code view.
- Use full screen mode.
After you insert an image, select it to make the following edits (top-to-bottom, left-to-right):
- Top row
- Replace the image with another file or URL.
- Choose the alignment.
- Remove the image.
- Add a link to the image.
- Bottom row
- Define the display layout (Inline puts the image on the same line as text, and Break text inserts a line break before and after the image).
- Add alt text describing the image for accessibility.
- Adjust the image size.
- Open the Draw tool.
Insert image in Assessments/Practice Questions
When you insert an image within an Assessment question, you are able to:
- Add a Title.
- Provide Alternate text describing the image for accessibility.
- Specify your desired static Width in pixels for the image.
- Choose how to Align the image.
- Choose whether to Display the image Inline or to Break text around it.
Once the image is inserted, select it to edit these settings again.
When you select the draw tool, the advanced editor opens. With this tool, you can:
- Undo your last action, redo an undone action, and reset your image entirely.
- Delete a selected element and delete all elements.
- Draw freeform lines or straight lines.
- Add and edit shapes, icons, and text.
- Rotate and crop the image.
You can also access the Draw tool for Multiple answer graphic hot spot questions and Matching graphic questions.