Multiple-answer questions can be added to assessments and practice questions activities. Prior to adding multiple-answer questions you must do the following:
- Add the Assessment or Practice Questions activity.
- Create a multiple answer question.
- Follow the directions below.
- Enter the question in the first field as you want it displayed to students.
- Enter the answer options; check the boxes next to correct answers.
- Create feedback that is specific to answer options by selecting the speech bubble icon and entering feedback in the field that appears below the answer option.
- To provide feedback for the entire question, use the drop-down menu to choose from the following types:
- When answer is correct
- When answer is incorrect
- When condition is true; this option allows you to set up conditions beyond the three provided here. It requires you to specify a group and a condition (contact support for additional assistance).
- Enter the desired feedback in the field next to the speech bubble icon.
- Select Add question feedback to create additional feedback.
- In the Visual editor, select Text to create and edit questions with the advanced Text editor.
From the Properties section:
- Choose how the answer-option Labels will appear.
- Choose to Maintain response order as they are entered, or randomize the order of answer options.
- Check Display workspace to give students a rich text editor to record their notes and processes as they work on the question.
- Assign a passage to this question.
- Place the question in a specific Question group for use in a question pool.
- Provide a Custom question definition (contact support for additional assistance).
- Find the unique question ID that Connexus EMS automatically assigns.
Use the Objectives section to review and align objectives with the question.
- Use the drop-down menu to limit displayed objectives to those created in the Course, to those inherited from the activity's Parent folder, or to only the Selected objectives. Any selected objective remains in the list for all three settings.
- Check the boxes next to objectives to align them with the question. This makes it possible to set up formative and remediation assessments.
Use the Score section to:
- Specify how many Points the question is worth.
- Grant Partial credit for partially correct answers, and whether to Round that partial credit to whole numbers.
- Indicate whether the question will count as Extra credit.
In the Variables section you can create a range or list of variables for the question.
Check the appropriate box(es) to provide students with one or more of the following calculators to use with this question:
From the Companion Material section, select Add to attach supplemental documents students need to complete this question. Point to existing resources in the course or upload new files (PDFs only).