Teachers can accept a student submission and elect to complete their activity by using the Override Complete action in the Gradebook. For details on the Override Complete action, see What does the Override Complete button in the gradebook do?
If students cannot move forward after a teacher clicks Override Complete, it is because the scored attempt setting for this activity is set to Highest instead of Last. The Override Complete action will be applied only to the highest submission, not the last submission, due to this setting.
To resolve, change the setting to Last. Review :
In GradPoint, when a student submits a score for an assessment multiple times, the score that is reflected in the Gradebook depends on the Scored attempt setting for the assessment.
Note: Only an administrator or teacher-author can edit assessment settings.
The four options for this setting are:
- Last - The last submitted attempt is used (default).
- First - The first submitted attempt is used, regardless of how many subsequent attempts are made.
- Highest - The highest of all submitted scores is used.
- Average - The average of all submitted scores is used.
To change the scored attempt setting:
- Log in as an administrator or teacher-author.
- Find the course and select the Syllabus for the course.
- Click to select the activity and then click Edit > Selected Activity.
- Click on the + icon to expand the Assessment Settings.
- Change the value of the Scored attempt and click Done to save your changes.
- Repeat this action for additional activities in the course.