How do I use the student calendar?
Students can view a calendar of activity due dates for all the courses they are actively enrolled in. The calendar will provide the school blackout dates when school work is not expected and the due dates that apply to any course the student is enrolled in. Clicking on Calendar on the home page displays a view of items due by week or by day. Only content that has a due date assigned will display in the calendar.
Use your calendar to do the following:
- Use the Course Chooser to specify which course calendar you'd like to view.
- Choose to View by Day, Week, Month, or All; the list view on the left changes to show which activities are due within each time frame.
- Click Today in the toolbar to display the current day's activities.
- Click Sync in the toolbar to sync with an external calendar.
- Click on days or weeks in the calendar to display the activities due within those time frames in the list view.
Your calendar displays the following types of information:
- Activity due dates and course-specific blackout dates are represented by dots that are color-coordinated by course. When selected, details appear in the list view. Click to open the activity or blackout date.
- Domain-wide blackout dates are represented by a square and horizontal lines. When selected, details appear in the list view. Click to open.
- If your teacher has created an agenda, Agenda appears under that date in the list view. Click it to review the agenda.
If the teacher has enabled student tasks for a course, students can create their own tasks within their calendar. A plus symbol at the top of the calendar will indicate that the course has student tasks allowed.
Click the plus sign in the toolbar to create a new task for yourself, and the due date you assign appears on the calendar. If you don't see a plus sign, this feature hasn't been enabled by your teacher.