The Course Management tool allows users to simultaneously copy one or more courses into a domain. How the tool behaves changes based on the type of domain from which it's run. Keep in mind that courses must first be copied down at the district domain before they become available to copy down at the school domain:
- District domain - District admins can copy multiple courses from the domain subscription tab.
- School domain - School admins can copy multiple courses from the district domain. The tool filters district content by its originating subscription.
Important - never use the Course Management tool within the school domain when you are logged in as a district administrator. Only use this tool with the local admin account. District admins should create local school admin accounts for themselves for local course management needs.
Using the Course Management tool:
- Log in to the local domain as an Administrator and go into the Admin app.
- Select the Course Management tool from the Main menu.
- Courses are delimited to only copy down from a single subscription. GradPoint does this to help our customers ensure that they are copying down our National or state courses. Filtering the multiple content by subscription takes all of the guess work out of it. Courses can also be copied by text search, if needed.
- After selecting the filters, click on List Courses.
- At the top of the next page, a confirmation of the filters is provided, along with the courses that do not already exist in the local domain. This tool will not copy down additional copies, only the first copy of a master course. The second page will populate with the list of courses, which can also be unchecked, if desired. Click Next when the course selection is finalized.
- The next page will include a summary of the filters used, the total courses selected and then you finalize the copy options to apply for all courses. The defaults can be changed and will apply to all courses copied.
- At this point, you can copy all of the courses with the above settings or apply additional course settings to all of the courses being copied.
- To copy with only these settings, click Copy Courses. After the courses are copied, a Home button will allow you to go back to the first page and copy more courses for another subscription, if desired.
- Before courses are copied, additional course settings can be applied during the copy process. This will save admins from going back into each course to set these variables or apply a template to each course. To see these options, click View more settings options. This view opens to the default settings of the courses.
- NOTE: Changes here will apply to all courses and can increase the copy times. If you run into timeouts with a large course list, reduce the size and retry.
- If you plan to repeat this process, you can click on Save my settings before copying to retain your selections on the next set of courses.
- Click Copy Courses.
- After the courses are copied, a Home button will allow you to go back to the first page and copy more courses for another subscription, if desired.
You can now log into the school domain as the school admin and follow the same steps above to copy courses down to your school domain.