You can create notes and attach them to courses, folders, or activities, and return to review and edit them any time. These notes are intended for personal use, and only you can access them. Each user can create up to 2,000 notes across all courses and activities, with the following parameters:
- 10 course-level notes per course (meaning notes that are attached to a course as a whole).
- You can create up to 10 folder- and activity-level notes per folder/activity (meaning notes that are attached to each individual folder or activity).
If a user is enrolled in a course with two folders and four activities, they could use up to 70 of their 2,000 notes as follows:
- 10 course-level notes
- 20 folder-level notes (10 for each of the two folders)
- 40 activity-level notes (10 for each of the four activities)
To create a note:
- Open the Course:
- To create a course-level note (attached to the entire course), select the Notes icon at the top of Course.
- To create a folder- or activity-level note, select the desired folder or activity, then select the Notes icon, then select the plus sign.
- Enter the note as plain text, then select Save. Use hashtags with terms you want to be easily searched. For example, you could use #ScienceFiction to quickly find all notes related to that folder. The note is saved and attached to the specific activity, folder, or course where you created it.
- To access the note later, reopen the activity or select Go to all notes to find it.
On the All notes screen, notes are listed in chronological order. By default only notes from active courses are listed, but you can select View past courses to see notes from inactive courses.
Review, edit, and delete notes
To review notes:
- Open the Course, then select the Notes icon in the toolbar. Selecting it at the course level displays notes attached there; selecting it after opening an activity or folder displays notes attached to those items.
- Any notes attached to the course, folder, or activity that were selected when you selected the Notes icon will display.
- Select Go to all notes to see all notes you've created.
- On the See all notes screen, notes are listed in chronological order.
- By default only notes from active courses are listed, but you can select View past courses to see notes from inactive courses.
- Use the Search window to find notes using specific words or hashtagged terms. (Hashtags make terms easily searched.)
- Select a note to Edit or Delete. Save changes.