April 9, 2021
We improved the display of students' Accommodations status in the Gradebook screens. The flag indicator now appears when students have any Accommodations or Individual Education Plan (IEP) settings, and when selected, the Accommodations popup window displays all applicable settings. Prior to this change, it displayed only for students with IEPs.
We updated the User Export report (Reports > Other > User Export), adding a column to indicate if the user’s email address is verified and the date of verification.
We added a student-name filter to the Course Gradebook filter bar to simplify finding students in the Gradebook.
We added information to the footer text of notifications sent from Pearson Connexus to email addresses to indicate why the messages are sent. We also added a link for users to manage their notification preferences.
We fixed a bug that prevented Cricket mobile phone users from receiving notifications.
We fixed a bug in the Gradebook that prevented student names from alphabetically sorting when some students used uppercase letters for names while others used both uppercase and lowercase letters.
We fixed a bug in User Notes that caused notes from past courses to display in current courses if users had searched notes from past courses.
We fixed a bug in the Grade Editor's Score History tab that prevented a change history row from displaying for some changes made.
We fixed a bug in the rich text editor that caused the camera to appear to be on after it was off when users closed the Capture Image popup window.
March 31, 2021
New Process Streamlines Requirements for Returning to Connections Academy for FamiliesWe created a new process that enables Caretakers to indicate their intent to return to Connections Academy for the 2021-2022 school year and complete tasks required for continued enrollment. Selecting the new Plans for Next Year button allows Caretakers to begin the process. Caretakers can also change their responses any time during the process by selecting the Plans for Next Year option again. When Caretakers respond, a new program enrollment is automatically created and the student's status is updated.When the Plans option is selected, we ask the following question: Will your student continue to attend our school next year? and provide the following responses, based on their selection:
Yes: Thank you for choosing Connections Academy! We are happy to hear your student will continue with us for next year. We would like to ask a few questions to help us continue making improvements for you and your student.
No: We are sorry to hear that you are not returning for next year. If you change your mind, please update your response in the “Change in Plan” section or call us at 800-221-2720.
Undecided: Please update your response in the “Change in Plan” section with your final decision. In the meantime, if there is anything we can help with, please call us at 800-221-2720.
To simplify the returning student process, Caretakers can now utilize previously updated documents housed in a prior Program Enrollment to function as their proof of residency documentation for the following school year, and add Immunization Booster verification documents for eligible students.
Enrollment staff members will now receive notification if a Caretaker changes their home address and/or email within the process.
- Teachers Now See Students' Plans for Next Year in Connexus
We enabled ACA, ARCA, and WYCA school staff to view in Connexus the Plans for Next Year response and completion statuses from the Family Enrollment System.
March 30, 2021
New LiveLesson Troubleshooting Hub Provides Online Help for TeachersWe created a LiveLesson Troubleshooting Hub to assist teachers with solving frequently reported difficulties. The hub can be found as an app next to the online Help icon.Teachers are encouraged to find help within the hub before contacting Support. Not only will this allow teachers to independently solve issues, it also provides background information for the Support team and will reduce the time required for support to troubleshoot calls.The most common strategies to resolve issues are listed in order.
March 26, 2021
- We improved the Admin > Users > Enrollments screen by adding a Term column, which appears as a School year column where enabled.
- We added support for SpeechStream version 3. Previously, only version 2 was supported. To use SpeechStream V3, obtain a SpeechStream V3 Config value from your SpeechStream contact and enter it in the appropriate field in Domain Settings, then update the SpeechStream URL for V3.
- We added a new Domain feature switch for Notifications. When disabled, the Notification preferences card is hidden from User settings and no notifications are sent to users, including the banner asking users to verify email addresses and phone numbers.
- We updated the Enable email Domain feature switch. When disabled, users cannot receive messages sent by other users within the platform.
- We improved how the Cancel,Save, and Back buttons behave after navigating to a screen when the last page viewed was outside of Pearson Connexus.
- We added Xfinity Mobile to notification phone carrier options.
- We improved the way captured images are added with the rich text editor, automatically positioning the cursor after the captured image instead of keeping the image selected.
- We improved usability of video and audio recorders by positioning the media dialogs on top of the editor, and allowing users to reposition the media dialogs and scroll page content.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus screen that caused deleted, assigned Choice activities to continue to display in folders' Choice list until users refreshed their browsers.
- We fixed a bug in the admin app that caused users to be taken to the Course details screen instead of the Grade editor when users selected an activity title.
- We fixed a bug that caused <leftrightarrow> HTML code to display rather than the character.
- We fixed a bug that caused the insert video and insert audio boxes to display too high above the student submission editor.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity player > Submission editor that prevented the image editor toolbar from displaying when users clicked directly on the image rather than the space around the image.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the student grouping table from properly scrolling.
- We fixed a bug that caused course activities to be deleted when users deleted multiple activities in the Editor > Activity list at once but continued to display them in the Editor > Syllabus until users refreshed their browsers.
- We fixed a bug in Course Settings that caused the Order Scoring outcomes button to display when no scoring outcomes were defined.
- We fixed a bug in Course settings that allowed users to edit the Client ID field when adding an LTI 1.3 tool.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Revoke permissions button from working in Chinese (Traditional).
- We fixed a bug in the rich text editor's Insert link popup window that caused users to navigate away from the page when users selected informational text.
March 15, 2021
We fixed a bug that allowed BCC recipients to view other BCCd recipients in their WebMail deleted folders.
We increased captured-image resolution to improve readability of image.
We removed the column sort arrow from print screens.
We enhanced the Student > Gradebook > Grade > Details screen to show a printer-friendly version of the screen when printing grade details.
We fixed a bug in the Portfolio Submission window that prevented users from being notified if they attempted to add a duplicate file attachment if the filename contained spaces or hyphens.
We fixed a bug in the Portfolio Submission window that caused users to download an error message rather than the file when attempting to download a file attachment with spaces or hyphens in the filename immediately after it was uploaded.
We removed OpenEd as a built-in extension in the Library because it has been discontinued. Activities using OpenEd content will no longer work.
We added a message, "No objectives to display" to the Editor > Syllabus > Objectives panel that will display when filters return no results.
We enabled users to easily verify their email addresses and phone numbers in the User menu > Settings controls. A new banner above the main toolbar prompts users to verify their information. System administrators should encourage users to verify their information.Within the user's Avatar > Settings area, they can send a verification code for their personal email and their notification email (they can choose to use different emails). Note, within the Student Options of the domain settings, Administrators have to check "Allow students to change their email address" in order for student edit their email within their Settings area.Administrators in the admin app > Users menu can view a user profile and see if the email addresses have been verified and can send an additional email to the user to use to validate their email if they did not see the first one.
We changed the order of entries in the User menu so Settings displays first, and About displays above Logout.
We fixed a bug in Domain Settings that erroneously enabled users who added LTI 1.3 tools to edit the Client ID field.
We fixed a bug that caused the Blackout date icon to be cut off horizontally.
We fixed a bug in the Observer app that caused the Grades > For Me screen to erroneously display the Edit Gradebook Settings button.
We fixed a bug in the Activity grader that prevented teachers from grading activities that were not assigned to a student in the class.
We fixed a bug in the Grade editor and Student grade details that caused users to be navigated to the Buzz home page when selecting wiki page links.
March 8, 2021
- We updated the method for obtaining the list of active participants in a LiveLesson meeting room so the information can be displayed for Tutors to give participation grades using the Overview Tool.
February 26, 2021
- We fixed a bug that prevented Caretakers from submitting forms and sections within the Enrollment Portal.
- We created a process in the Enrollment Portal that will allow Caretakers to re-enroll their students in the same school year they withdrew, which will be enabled by Corporate Staff members upon review of their eligibility.
We updated the Enrollment Portal and Salesforce Support Community to allow Caretakers who deactivated their enrollments to reactivate their accounts for the current or the upcoming school year. This includes the ability for staff to reactivate student enrollments in the new school year.
We enabled Caretakers who withdrew their students during the 2020-2021 school year to re-enroll them in the 2021-2022 school year.
- We fixed a bug within the Salesforce Support Community that prevented staff from moving students from the Confirmation of Enrollment stage back to the Waitlist.
We updated the Enrollment Portal. In this release the following work was completed:
- enhanced MyPortal's design
- listed students' academic institutions and programs on the Caretaker dashboard
- Enabled Caretakers to select a different school or school year, when applicable.
February 23, 2021
Caretakers and Learning Coaches Can Now Be Granted Accounts Post EnrollmentWe created a new process to automatically provision accounts for additional Caretakers and Learning Coaches who are added to a student in the Family Enrollment System (FES). Prior to this change, accounts were only created for the primary Caretaker and Learning Coaches who were added before enrollment completion.
- We fixed a bug that occasionally prevented manual log entries from being saved when submitted.
February 11, 2021
- We enabled messages sent by school staff to Learning Coaches to be logged in Student Logs for the household.
February 5, 2021
We enhanced entity and enrollment selectors in Reports, making an entire row clickable rather than just the text.
- We added print options to student grades that allow hiding some Gradebook columns for improved print layout. You can now hide the Location, Status, Submitted date, and/or Due date columns before printing.
- We updated the Advanced edit feature, changing the toolbar image to Draw and the button icon to the Draw icon.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the enabling of Peer Help in Domain settings from being applied in the domain.
- We added user IDs next to user names in the Add Enrollment screen so users can differentiate between multiple users with the same name.
- We fixed a bug in the For Me page that prevented the activity link and the Edit Gradebook Settings option from working for activities assigned to a particular student or group.
- We fixed a bug in the For Me page that erroneously displayed a Gradable checkbox for Flashcard activities.
- We fixed a bug in the rich text editor that sometimes prevented users from replacing images with new images.
February 4, 2021
- We fixed a bug that prevented users with a Public Relations role from accessing the Student Log.
February 2, 2021
- We fixed a bug that prevented students and teachers from viewing glossary items when using Chrome browsers.
- We improved the course tree display by having assessments display at the end of lessons rather than as an additional entry within the course tree.
January 26, 2021
We added Flashcards activities.
- Flashcards are non-gradable activities that allow learners to review content. Content Authors can add text or an image to each side of each card. Learners see the front of the card, and try to remember what's on the other side. Flashcard activities are marked complete when a learner has flipped all of the cards in the activity.
- Please see our help article for instructions on how to create flashcards.
- We fixed a bug that prevented admins from navigating to the Grade editor from the Student Grades > For me screen.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from accessing the How to update browser settings for MyPortal help article while using mobile devices.
- We removed links to deleted posts that displayed in the activity stream but didn't link to the posts.
- We updated the copyright year to 2021.
- We edited the number input fields in the Assessment grader and Rubric grader to ignore mouse-wheel scrolling to avoid inadvertent score changes when users scrolled the page with a mouse wheel.
- We improved the layout of the printer-friendly version of the student grades screen by decreasing column margins and adding a Scale field to easily adjust the print size.
- We enabled the observer app Home screen to display and sort observed users using the Student-name Display.
- We switched the Grade Editor's attached-PDF preview tool from a third-party preview tool to the browser's built-in PDF preview, which is more reliable.
- We enhanced the Rich text editor, allowing users to take pictures with their web camera as an alternative to uploading an image.
- We removed the block on a deactivated course and now allow students with an Active enrollment status to be marked Complete or set to any other Enrollment status. No other enrollment statuses can be changed after a course has been deactivated. As a reminder, Pearson deactivates courses that are no longer supported to prevent further use globally.
- We fixed a bug that prevented long announcements from properly displaying on the Communication screen.
- We fixed a bug that prevented question numbers that displayed when teachers graded a practice activity from matching question numbers displayed to the student.
- We fixed a bug in the Digital Library that sometimes prevented course domain names from displaying in the breadcrumb.
- We added URL validation to the custom Menu card in Domain settings.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus that sometimes prevented course titles from appropriately displaying when users opened past courses.
- We fixed a bug that caused text immediately preceding audio or video inserted in grading feedback comments to be deleted.
- We fixed a bug in the Gradebook that prevented sorting options from being retained when users toggled to quick-edit grading.
January 22, 2021
We added error messages that will notify users of Page Load errors during the following:
When students are reviewing assessments.
When teachers are viewing Assessment Reports.
When teachers are grading assessments.
- When students are taking assessments.
January 20, 2021
- We added the ability for Caretakers to view the submission status of documents they upload to the Student Information System (SIS).
- We added the ability display document correction comments to Caretakers in the SIS when the documents they submitted require revision.
January 19, 2021
- a message warning users that their work will not upload if they leave the page before submitting the files, and
- a suggestion to switch to a browser other than Safari, and a link to a help article, How to update browser settings for document uploads, which explains the limitations of using Safari browsers with Pearson Connexus.
January 14, 2021
- We added a progress bar and page number reference to the Lesson Viewer that helps students keep track of their progress throughout a lesson.
January 11, 2021
- We fixed a bug that caused an account error (i.e., failure to find the user's LiveLesson account) when users with an apostrophe in their username attempted to access LiveLesson.
January 8, 2021
- We added CC and BCC fields to the Student Log interface so multiple recipients included in email messages sent from Outlook display in the log entries.
- We provided Microsoft Outlook to Caretakers and Learning Coaches who have completed the enrollment process.
January 5, 2021
- We added the following bullet to the Parent/Legal Guardian (Caretaker) Acknowledgement page, which also includes a link to the the WYCA Out-of-District Transfer policy:
- I have read and understand the policy for students who reside outside of the Big Horn #1 school district and are considered an out-of-district transfer.
January 4, 2021
- We enhanced the uploading and saving of media content by making media file processing asynchronous.
- We added min- and max-date validations to the student's Create Task screen.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented images from correctly copying when users copied activities if the images contained variable names.
- We fixed a bug in the Clipboard that caused student names to overlap and cover the Add to group button if student names were too long.
- We fixed a bug that prevented objective titles from saving when users added domain-defined scoring objectives to a course.
- We fixed a bug that caused the New version available prompt to sometimes display with no text.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Student Activity Grader from displaying for deleted activities.
- We fixed a bug in the submission settings card of the Gradebook that caused checkboxes at the bottom of the cards to display too closely rather than wrapping to two lines.
December 18, 2020
- We fixed a bug in CheckMyWork that prevented an error message from displaying when users submitted files or uploaded text containing fewer than 30 words. Now, users will see the following message: "The text length must be between 30 and 125,000 words and file size should not be larger than 70MB."
December 16, 2020
- We implemented date and time changes for Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) so LMS course enrollments will be in sync with SIS course end dates.
We fixed a bug that caused unenrollments to immediately occur rather than at the scheduled time if the unenrollments were created between 10pm EST - 12am EST and were scheduled to occur the next day.
December 10, 2020
- We added an option to Course settings > Advanced options to require students to complete activities in order.
- We updated our single sign-on (SSO) workflows to conform to latest browser security protocols and cookie-handling standards by redirecting the current browser window for SSO credential screens.
- We removed the Open login in a new window checkbox in Domain settings for CAS authentication.
- We added a Choose uploaded image button to the Rich text editor > Insert Image toolbar when choosing a course resource is allowed, such as the Activity, Agenda, and Landing Page editors.
- We added the Equation button to the Rich text editor toolbar for blog and journal posts.
We fixed a bug in blog posts that prevented long tab names from correctly wrapping and also added rollover help text.
We fixed a bug that caused empty student groups to display on the Clipboard.
We fixed a bug in the Syllabus that caused the page to scroll down when users selected an activity at the top of the page.
We fixed a bug in Mastery reports that caused removed objectives to continue to display in the Course Mastery report.
We fixed a bug that caused some students to receive an "Unable to submit" error message after completing assessments or activities if the visibility settings had been changed from Hidden to Visible.
We fixed a bug that prevented unequal partial-credit scores for fill-in-the-blank questions from correctly calculating.
We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus screen that caused activities to scroll to the bottom of the screen when selected.
December 7, 2020
We created a new daily withdrawal process flow that will pull entries for the current date from the withdrawal registry, and for each entry it will:
- Deactivate the student's accounts.
- Deactivate the student's Learning Coach and Caretaker accounts if they no longer have active students.
December 2, 2020
- We added a hover tooltip to entries in the Rich text editor > Insert media dropdown menu to accommodate resources with long paths or filenames.
- We added an Insert emoji button to the Rich text editor and the Publish Anywhere option.
We added the "allow" attribute to the list of HTML attributes supported by the Rich text editor.
We fixed a bug in the question editor that prevented media files that contained a % character from displaying.
We improved scrolling behavior in the Editor > Syllabus screen when double-clicking the last activity to edit.
We fixed a bug in the Clipboard that caused newly assigned tasks to be blank when users pasted the same content as a previously assigned task.
We removed unnecessary line breaks between No groupings and No activities messages in the Editor > Group settings screen for courses with no activities.
We added a validation error message to the Grade editor and Discussion post editor when users attempt to upload blank attachments.
November 11, 2020
We enabled users to move the video window on their screen to give them a better idea of what they need while recording (e.g., Teachers have a better recording of the submissions they grade.)
We updated the Automatically assign zero scores to past-due activities feature to remove automatically assigned zero scores from activities if the setting has been disabled.
We fixed a bug that prevented student-uploaded videos from displaying in the Gradebook if the student successfully submitted the activity before Pearson Connexus processed the video.
We fixed a bug that prevented variables with less-than symbols from displaying as questions in the Question editor.
We fixed a bug in the Question editor that prevented replacement variables from being recognized when generating questions if the questions used replacement variables in media resource paths.
We fixed a bug that prevented password-protected activities from immediately displaying after users provided a valid password.
We updated the Clipboard to ensure that activities copied from the Digital Library are visible when assigned to students.
We enabled the Teacher > View/delete courses page to display blank values for course enrollments that do not have start and end dates.
We fixed a bug that caused deleted assigned activities to remain gradable in the Gradebook.
We fixed a bug in the Enrollment Portal that prevented Caretakers from viewing the Document Upload page.
- We fixed a bug in the Salesforce Support Community that prevented Program Enrollments from being associated with contacts by Enrollment Support staff.
- We added a Confirmation Hold flag and a message notifying Caretakers that Spring enrollment cannot yet be completed until a later date to prevent Caretakers from inadvertently enrolling their students into the Fall semester.
November 5, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused some assessment questions to display all answers as incorrect when an assessment has both autograded and manually graded items.
- We added a new SAML authentication authentication allowing multiple Identity providers (IdP) for SSO users and better security.
- We added a Logout redirect URL setting to the Authentication card in the Domain settings screen that displays only when single sign-on is enabled in the domain.
- We fixed a bug in the Needs grading screen that prevented teachers from opening activities that had been deleted or hidden from students.
- We added screen reader text to some images in the Resource library.
October 30, 2020
- We made the following enhancements to the Calendar:
- We improved ability to view long answers for fill-in-the-blank questions by showing the complete answer on hover.
- We fixed a bug that caused the Instructions card toolbar to overlap the Insert link popup.
- We fixed a bug that that sometimes prevented users from inserting images in Activity instructions.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused the badge-notification popup to display a broken image instead of the badge thumbnail.
- We fixed a bug that caused the Enable multi-outcome scoring button text to run off the card in some languages.
- We added some missing tooltips to the teacher's view of the student Grades page.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity Player that caused the Submit button and Submission card to disappear when running in languages other than English.
- We fixed a bug in some Admin screens that prevented the delete entity function from working for some entities in languages other than English.
- We fixed a bug that caused an empty popup window to display when users selected an empty cell in the IEP column.
- We fixed a bug that caused extra lines to display in Multi-Outcome Scoring Gradebooks.
- We fixed a bug in the Syllabus view of students' Gradebooks that prevented extra-credit activities from displaying the extra-credit icon.
- We fixed a bug in template assessments that prevented Student Notes from displaying for questions and prevented students from highlighting text outside of questions.
- We fixed a bug in the Editor > Projects tab that caused the move up/down menus to appear disabled that were not.
- We fixed a bug in the Assessment Editor caused browsers to crash or stop responding when assessments contained hundreds of questions with HTML links in the question bodies.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Text to Speech button from working.
- We fixed a bug that prevented assessment content from displaying when users attempted to print assessments that used assessment templates.
- We added a confirmation prompt in the Activity Editor when deleting an assessment question filtered by a group.
- We fixed a bug in the import feature that sometimes prevented files with .csv extensions from importing.
- We added missing validations to the Edit blackout date dialog for students to ensure information is submitted in the correct format.
- We fixed a bug that caused Caretakers/Learning Coaches to be taken to the app selector screen when attempting to view their student's pending scores.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity Player that caused Caretakers/Learning Coaches to be erroneously taken to the next available activity.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from recording audio when using Firefox browsers.
- We removed the move up and move down buttons from the More option in the Projects tab because the was not additional content for users to move up or down to view.
- We added a Domain setting to show or hide affirmation messages when students complete continuous-course activities for the day.
- We enabled teachers to remove badges for students.
- We improved usability of the User settings screen by grouping the Notification settings together.
- We enhanced the course Gradebook to allow entering an X in quick-edit grading as a shortcut to excuse an activity.
- We added an icon (a circle with a slash through it) to the Editor > Weights screen that indicates which activities have empty category weights.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented SIS Syncs from displaying error details.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused users to be taken to the Course Home page rather than the desired activity when users double-clicked the activity while on the folder Home screen.
- We fixed a bug that allowed commas in numeric responses for fill-in-the-blank questions.
- We fixed a bug that caused a "No questions to display" message to display for practice-question activities when there were questions available.
- We fixed a bug that caused a "Done" message to display rather than "No activities to display" in the Choose activity popup window.
- We fixed a bug that caused lengthy columns to overlap in the view/delete courses screen.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from viewing an activity in a past course after viewing the same activity as a student.
- We fixed a bug that caused usage data to overlap with buttons on the Domain settings > Usage screen when community pages or the Resource Library were selected as the Application setting.
- We fixed a bug that caused users to be taken to the Home screen instead of the Wiki activity when previewing Wiki activities in the Digital Library or the Wiki Activity editor.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the border from displaying in the Editor > Syllabus screen's right panel.
- We updated the application About > General information dialog to include the activity ID when viewed while in an activity.
- We fixed a bug in the Grade Editor that caused invalid characters to be accepted in the Score field.
- We improved file attachment dialog usability for mobile devices.
- We fixed a bug in the student Grades page that caused column data to overlap for some languages.
- We added a tooltip for the not-returned-to-student icon in course Gradebook score column.
- We fixed a bug that caused students to be taken to a previously viewed screen when closing the student Notes dialog box while previewing assessments in the Digital Library.
October 19, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused some words to be cut off at the top or bottom of some Student Log fields and menus.
We fixed a bug in the Student Log Quick List that caused long class names to be cut off.
- We fixed a bug in the Student Log that caused long class names to be cut off in Class menus when users created manual log entries.
October 15, 2020
- We enabled students to upload documents to CheckMyWork multiple times.
October 14, 2020
- We adjusted the log-out behavior of MyPortal. Now, when users log out they are redirected to the familiar Pearson Connexus sign in page instead of the minimal sign-in interface (below).
October 13, 2020
- We updated the Communication Tools tile in My Portal to route users to Outlook Web Access rather than the Communication Suite Application.
October 8, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented users with the new corporate_counselor, corporate_admin_assistant, and corporate_spec_ed_director roles from accessing the Student Activity Tracker.
September 29, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented active meeting rooms from displaying in the PCx Overview Tool for Tutors.
September 28, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused long category names to incorrectly display in the Category dropdown menu on the Log entry creation screen.
- We decreased Polaris assessment score wait times after students submit assessments.
September 25, 2020
- We added a National Clubs & Activities tile to MyPortal for students, Caretakers, and Learning Coaches, and we applied minor User Interface changes.
September 24, 2020
- We enabled LiveTutor, a virtual tutoring service for students looking for additional help with their studies, and added a LiveTutor link to students' LiveLesson page.
September 21, 2020
- We moved the Contextual Help Text section to the right on the Enrollment Document Sections page of the Enrollment Portal to improve the user experience.
- We added a Username Check button to the Create your login screen to assist Caretakers with entering their username by identifying whether their selected username is available prior to submitting credentials when creating an account within the Pearson Connexus Enrollment Portal.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from reviewing quick check assessments of students who changed sections.
September 17, 2020
- We added a domain setting that allows domains to hide the Insert YouTube video buttons in the rich-text editor, Clipboard, and Activity editors.
- We made the User menu available to users while in an activity, including the About and Logout menu options for all users and the View as option for teachers and admins.
- We added a Course setting for Continuous enrollment courses that, when enabled, causes activities within a folder to have the same auto-generated due date.
- We updated the Agenda screens to display the day of the week in addition to the Agenda calendar date to easily tell what day the agenda is for.
- We improved styling of multiple choice and multiple answer questions in the question editor.
- We enabled the SIS Sync to automatically create an FTP folder when users open the SIS Sync screen in a domain that is configured for a sync.
- We fixed a bug that caused users to be taking to Home when selecting the warning link rather than the prerequisite activity if the activity was set to open in a new window.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused users to be taken to Home when selecting anchor tags in assessment templates.
- We fixed a bug in the Objective-Set Tree screen in the admin app that prevented the Subject picker from populating the set's subjects.
- We fixed a bug caused the browser to stop responding when users opened the Calendar after opening the rich-text-editor draw tool.
- We fixed some alignment and highlighting styling issues in rubrics.
- We fixed a bug that prevented a customer application name from displaying.
- We fixed a bug that caused spacing between multiple choice labels and options to be deleted in assessments.
- We fixed a bug in the Manage groups screen that prevented the display of groups with long names.
- We fixed a bug that caused some embedded iframes in managed content to display with a width of 0, making the content appear invisible.
- We fixed a bug in the Activity Editor that prevented Google docs from launching when playing an activity when users switched from an LTI activity to the Google doc.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from viewing some content.
- We fixed a bug that caused users to be taken to the Home page rather than the prerequisite activity when selecting the warning link if the activity was set to open in a new window.
September 16, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused a "No Email Address Found" message to display next to user names in the Connexus Mail Active Directory for all users, not just those without email addresses in the system.
September 15, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented some teachers from opening Connexus Mail.
September 14, 2020
- We enhanced the Pearson Connexus Enrollment Portal Registration Page to ensure margins and fields are visible on all mobile devices.
September 12, 2020
- We removed the Reply All button from student Connexus Mail when responding to a group email the teacher sent.
September 11, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused Time to Talk links for several courses to display for students enrolled in a single Time to Talk course.
September 8, 2020
We removed the California Connections Academy logo from the Pearson Connexus login landing page. We also added a message for California Connections Academy users to log in to http://www.connexus.com.
We added a message to MyPortal directing CalCA families to sign in at www.connexus.com.
We fixed a bug that caused student classes to appear more than once in the course dropdown list for CheckMyWork.
We enabled Partner School Tutors, Service Providers, and Shared Services teachers to see the same LiveLesson page in the LMS as Partner School Teachers.
We improved keyboard tabbing in the main toolbar, Course home, and Activity player screens.
We enabled teachers to choose a Grading category for gradable tasks from the Clipboard. (You must define a gradable task, based upon completion status, and either define a whole-course task or select students from the same course before you can choose the grading category.)
We fixed a bug that prevented the spacebar from toggling to a custom, boolean metadata field in the admin app.
We fixed a bug that caused users to sometimes be taken to the Jump To toolbar if students selected the tab key while taking assessments.
We fixed a bug that caused course agendas to be deleted when switching from a course with an agenda to one without.
We fixed a bug that prevented activity instructions from displaying when activities contained no content.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from accessing the add or delete enrollment buttons in the toolbar from the teacher People > Manage enrollments screen.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from dragging images into emails.
We fixed a bug that prevented the Hide the ability for students to send mail setting in Domain settings from remaining selected.
We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented activities from being excused after students completed formative assessments.
We fixed a bug that prevented the Activity grader from properly displaying in full-screen mode using the Publish Anywhere tool.
We fixed a bug in the SIS Sync that caused domains to be inaccurately reported as created or updated when in the Validate-only mode.
We fixed a bug that sometimes caused the SIS Sync to crash when OneRoster CSV files contained no content.
We provided accurate accessibility labels for some icons and buttons that were inaccurately read by screen readers as Application.
We fixed a bug that caused users’ Course Notes to be deleted if they navigated away without saving.
We fixed a bug in the Gradebook that prevented content from displaying in tables for courses with empty grading tables.
We fixed a bug that allowed users to attempt to drop images onto the Create Task and Edit Journal Post screens in the student app, but would not load.
We provided OBL staff with access to Learning Coach Central (LCC), adding a Learning Coach Central tile to their MyPortal page. Staff can use the LCC content to support schools and learners.
September 3, 2020
- We temporarily removed inaccurate assessment submission dates from some assessments.
- We fixed a bug that caused School and Staff members to receive an error message when logging out of the Salesforce Support Community rather than being taken to the Pearson Connexus log in page.
- We added a popup window that displays a definition when users hover over a word in courses containing glossary terms.
September 1, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from entering grades for manually graded assessment items.
- We fixed a bug that prevented assessment submission score denominators and percentages in some courses from displaying when quick checks were submitted with all incorrect answers.
August 31, 2020
- We added a feedback form to MyPortal.
August 28, 2020
- We added course selections to the Student Information System (SIS) under the reporting > Course Request Table.
August 27, 2020
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused mismatched timestamps to display in student Log entries.
- We fixed a bug in the Student Log that caused text in dropdown fields to be cut off.
- We increased the character limit and added a character counter to the Student Log.
August 20, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented users with the new Corporate Principal role from accessing the Student Log.
- We fixed a bug that caused Report Card documents to erroneously display to Caretakers as verified after Corporate staff updated the documents as Invalid-Not Current School Year.
- We added the question Has your student ever been enrolled at Connections Academy? and its correspondent field under the General Student Information section for all schools within the Pearson Connexus Enrollment Portal in the Salesforce Community Support for Corporate and School staff to identify if a student was previously enrolled in the Connections Academy school they are applying for, to communicate with the family if there were any concerns regarding their previous enrollment and to better assist families during enrollment.
We added warning text and a confirmation checkbox to the confirmation prompt when deleting domains, courses, and users.
We added a validation option to the SIS Sync screen for users to validate OneRoster .zip files before running the sync.
We improved tabbing navigation for assessment questions in the Grade editor.
We added the ability to hide the SIS Sync menu (with XML).
We fixed a bug that sometimes caused the SIS Sync to time out.
We fixed a bug that allowed activities marked hidden from students to be visible when teachers viewed as a student.
We enabled the icon picker for choosing icons in domain settings to open below the field, to accommodate small screen sizes.
We fixed a bug in the Syllabus that caused folders dragged from My library into a Choice folder to duplicate activities in the folder.
We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented activity time from being recorded when users closed the browser without selecting the STOP button.
We fixed a bug in the teacher course Gradebook that sometimes prevented the needs-grading icon from clearing when teachers quick-edited a score.
We removed an extraneous scrollbar in the dropbox comments editor. We improved Objective Mastery Gradebook styling to accommodate objectives with long IDs.
We added the ability to hide the LTI settings card in the user's Settings screen.
We fixed a bug that caused the TextHelp menu to display on the Editor screen when teachers previewed an activity from the Editor and selected the TextHelp icon.
We fixed a bug that caused users to be taken to a blank, uneducable area of the screen rather than the dialog buttons when selecting Print from the student Gradebook.
We added a message to notify users attempting to load Final grades containing no data that there is no data to display.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from filtering students when printing assessments for Publish Anywhere.
We added hideSisSync=""true"" to the feature element in domains' application settings:
August 19, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused LiveLesson sessions to crash.
August 13, 2020
- We updated the categories and sub-categories in the Student Log to better align with the log entry categorization needs of our customers.
- We retired the old Activity Player and its accompanying feature switch, so all students now use the new Activity Player.
- We added a new Manage subscriptions permission to the Domain Permissions screen.
- We enhanced the Admin app to remove leading and trailing white-space characters from External ID fields of all entities (e.g., domains, courses, users, objectives, and enrollments) when users edit them.
- We retired the old Syllabus Editor and its accompanying feature switch, so course authors will only use the new Syllabus Editor.
- We darkened the red color for below-passing scores, overdue assignments, and other alert text.
- We enabled the Personal note-taking feature by default for all domains.
- We enabled the Student blackout dates feature by default for all domains.
- We added a You've been excused from this activity message next to the Submit button in the Activity Player > Submission card after students are excused, also adding score-status text such as Excused or Submitted next to the score.
- We enabled the Submit my work button to display as Resubmit my work when students have already submitted the work.
- We fixed a bug that prevented users from accessing toolbar buttons by tabbing with the keyboard when in List view.
- We fixed a bug in the Edit SIS settings that prevented role pickers from displaying the role changes made in the current session without a manual refresh.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Enable browse button in the Activity Player from enabling browsing for Sharable Content Object (SCO) activities.
- We enabled the Clipboard > Quick list to accommodate long list names.
We improved toolbar usability for the Send mail > Message editor.
We fixed a bug that caused missing scrollbars in the Resource Library Welcome Page and the Welcome Page editor.
We fixed a bug in the Activity Player that erroneously caused the Remove activity button to display for Caretakers and Learning Coaches.
We fixed a bug in blogs and journal activities that caused the New post button to erroneously display for Caretakers and Learning Coaches.
We fixed a bug that prevented Caretakers and Learning Coaches from navigating to announcement details from a student's activity stream.
We improved the activity layout for Digital library preview.
We fixed a bug that caused Course icons to overlap when course nicknames were too long.
August 7, 2020
- We corrected Student Log entries that were erroneously logged with a July 1, 1900 date.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers from saving Student Log entries containing course metadata.
- We ensured students enrolled in courses with Time To Talk will see the Time to Talk link on their LiveLesson page.
- We fixed a bug that prevented teachers and students from accessing LiveLesson links.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the SIS tile from displaying for Learning Coaches.
August 5, 2020
- We added an option in the header for users navigating with keyboards to Skip top navigation, which puts them in the body of the screen.
- We removed the requirement for administrators to have Proxy or PostDomainAnnouncement rights to see the SIS Sync menu.
- We improved accessibility in several places throughout the LMS.
- We added the ability for domain administrators to import IMS OneRoster .zip files to automatically import and synchronize domains, courses, users, and enrollments from a Student Information System (SIS).
- We fixed a bug in the SIS Sync screen that prevented the the OneRoster .zip file field from clearing when a sync starts.
- We updated the Edit SIS Sync Settings screen to validate email addresses.
- We fixed the display of warning messages in SIS Sync Status screen.
- We fixed a bug in SIS Sync Status screen that caused the summary fields and download log link to display while the sync was running.
- We fixed a bug that caused overdue activities to display as Up next on students' Course Home pages.
- We fixed a bug that caused questions to display as answerable to teachers when they used the view practice question activities as a student feature.
- We enabled overflow for long titles of long group names in the group filter text in the Activities toolbar.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Enter key from activating Course card toolbar buttons.
- We fixed a bug that intermittently caused errors when rendering math questions.
August 4, 2020
- We created a new field on the Student's Program Enrollment record within the Salesforce Support Community that enables corporate staff members to identify the Household's assigned Family Enrollment Counselor.
- We implemented a double opt-in triggered for SMS messages to send to Caretakers who opt-in to SMS communications during their registration.
August 3, 2020
- We fixed a bug in the Enrollment Portal that sometimes prevented families from adding students on the application process.
- We fixed a bug in the Student Log that intermittently prevented users from creating and saving log entries.
We fixed a bug that prevented interactive content from displaying in some courses for users when using Firefox browsers.
July 30, 2020
- We corrected a typographical error within the Add a Student section on the Pearson Connexus Enrollment Portal.
- We fixed a bug that prevented Caretakers from reactivating student enrollments within the Pearson Connexus Enrollment Portal.
- We fixed a bug that prevented documents from displaying in Document Central for Caretakers within the PCx Enrollment Portal when corporate staff members selected certain document statuses.
- We updated the answer options for the question Please indicate your participation in this survey located in the Household Income Survey section for Caretakers during the application process within the Pearson Connexus Enrollment Portal. We replaced the value option "I choose not to provide my income information" with "I choose not to provide my income information and know this may impact the school’s Title I funding." This change was also made on the corresponding field within the Salesforce Support Community.
July 22, 2020
- We enhanced the LiveLesson login process, allowing teachers and students to view their LiveLesson credentials and login instructions, and adding a Copy button that allows users to copy their credentials and paste them into the username field.
July 21, 2020
- We enabled Pearson Connexus teachers and tutors to use the Overview tool to log participation grades in the Connexus V2 Gradebook.
July 15, 2020
The new Connexus Mail provides accessible, streamlined personal communication for students and teachers. Users will access Connexus Mail from the Communication Tools tile on the MyPortal Page. Connexus Mail includes the following features:
- Works well from all mobile devices.
- Sends and receives messages from current students and teachers.
- Ability to send attachments with messages.
- Enhanced message filing allowing users to mark messages important or archive them.
- Ability to view sent messages.
- Robust searching of messages based on words or attachments.
- We added an Overview button to the LiveLesson page that provides teachers and tutors access to the Overview tool. They can use the Overview tool to view students in meetings and navigate to students' Gradebooks to enter participation grades.
- We enabled teachers to use the Overview tool to go to students' Dashboards when selecting a student's name.
- We enhanced the LiveLesson login process, allowing teachers and students to view their LiveLesson credentials and login instructions, and adding a Copy button that allows users to copy their credentials and paste them into the username field.
- We enhanced the student enrollment reactivation process by updating all placement-related fields within the student's record.
- We enhanced the Student Required Documents Assignment process within the Enrollment System Portal. Now, Caretakers will see documents only within the school Document Submission open dates and within the proper stage of the application process. Before this enhancement, all school-required documents were shown upon student account creation, which did not comply with some Partner Schools' compliance requirements.
- We updated the URL in the user welcome email to the new my.pearsonconnexus.com domain.
- We added a Submitted column on the Assessment Results Manager that will display the date and time (in the user's local time) that the assessment was submitted.
- We enabled teachers to view the amount of time each student spent taking an assessment when grading the assessment.
- We displayed the total elapsed time on some assessments in Pearson Connexus for users who do not have scoring permission.
Customer Support Enhancements
- The Customer Support Release includes new tools for Caretakers including the debut of Learning Coach Central, Chat, and various performance improvements.
- Learning Coach Central provides a robust community of resources for Caretakers, allowing them to access focused Help documents, Webinars, and Connections Academy related social media.
- Chat will provide Caretakers with access to support directly from their accounts. We also gave the Support Center a fresh look and feel for a more streamlined experience throughout the site.
July 13, 2020
We removed Khan Academy content from the Digital Library.
We enabled the Enter key to initiate searches in the Digital Library.
We added a Draw and Advanced image editing tool to the rich text editor.
We increased the Buzz user report max from 1,000 users to 10,000 for Admin app > Reports > User activity > Domain user activity > Filter the data > Maximum number of users.
We added a discussion board option allowing teachers to require students to post a message before they can view others’ posts.
We changed the title of the Domain Settings > LTI credentials card to Domain Settings > LTI 1.1 tools.
We fixed a bug that prevented Choice folder settings from being retained when duplicating a folder in Editor > Syllabus.
We fixed a bug in the Editor that prevented current, highlighted activities from displaying when users returned to a filtered Activity list.
We improved usability of the upload image screen.
We fixed a bug that prevented cards on the Calendar > Blackout dates editor from adjusting to accommodate new dates without users refreshing.
We added a missing tooltip to the Remove activity icon button in the Clipboard.
We fixed a bug in the Domain Settings that sometimes prevented the Add dialog box from opening when users selected the Add in the Scoring objectives card.
We fixed a bug that caused the filter bar to be cut off in the Editor > Activity list when the screen width was restricted.
We enhanced the new Editor to remember previously set Activity list filters when returning from an edited activity.
We added the following warning message when users change filename extensions when uploading course resource files: "If you change the file-name extension, the file may become unusable."
We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented users from exporting course Gradebooks.
We fixed a bug that caused the Print dialog box to remain open after timed assessments' time expired.
We fixed a bug in the Admin app that caused text to overlap in the Add objective dialog.
We added required-field validations to the Move enrollment and Move domain dialog boxes.
We fixed a typo in the Objective map list page.
We fixed a bug that sometimes caused a non-normalized URL to be sent to Google Analytics (e.g. /student/12345678/activity/abc123 instead of /student/:enrollmentid/activity/:itemid).
We fixed a bug in the Editor > Syllabus that prevented users from using the Move To function to move activities into selected empty folders.
We fixed a bug in the Activity Gradebook that caused the settings screen to briefly display the previously visited screen when users edited HTML metadata.
We fixed a bug that prevented image tools from displaying in an Activity editor rich text editor when users switched from rich text editor full-screen mode.
We fixed a bug that prevented image tools from displaying in an Metadata card of the Activity editor for rich text metadata.
We fixed a bug that caused overlapping and misalignment of fields on the Landing page.
We fixed a bug that that prevented admins from editing Gradebook settings from the Student Gradebook > For Me screen.
July 10, 2020
- We enabled the SIS's Instructional Modification Notes field for special population students to be available in the LMS for teachers and admins to review from the Instructional Education Program field in the Student Details page.
- We added a View accommodations popup window to the LMS Student Performance Dashboard to display teachers' Individual Education Program notes.
July 9, 2020
- We removed the message on MyPortal notifying users that some applications were temporarily unavailable.
- We added a link to Pearson Connexus System Requirements in the footer of the Pearson Connexus Login Landing page, and we also made minor text changes.
July 8, 2020
- We fixed a bug that caused incorrect affiliations between a small number of students and Caretakers migrated from Connexus, which enabled some Caretakers to view data for students other than their own.
July 1, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented HTML text from correctly displaying in Web Design course test questions.
- We updated the message under the Enrolled Student Tile within the Enrollment Portal from "An email will come soon with next steps for (student name)" to "We have sent an email with the next steps for (student name)."
June 30, 2020
- We added a message to MyPortal notifying users that some applications (e.g., the Learning Management System and the Student Information System) are temporarily unavailable.
June 29, 2020
- We fixed a bug in the New Enrollment System that intermittently prevented Caretakers from adding students during registration.
June 23, 2020
We added a Calendar tab to the Users screen of the admin app for viewing students' calendars.
We updated the various screens with filters to use outline styles around the filter box.
We added a search progress indicator when returning course enrollment results in the Editor > Viewing as feature, so teachers know when the results are complete.
We improved validation of range values for question variables in the Assessment editor.
We fixed a typo in the empty state message for the Domain > Roles screen.
We removed scrollbars that erroneously display in Editor dialogs accessed with Safari browsers.
We added the missing tooltip of the Remove button on the Student Reports screen.
We fixed a bug that caused objective links to display twice in the Student Objective Mastery screen.
We improved the filter bar on the Community resource library results page.
We added Choice activities to the Activity list tab of the Editor.
We increased the Metadata rich-text editor height to prevent the add link popup from being cut off.
We fixed a bug that prevented the "Please wait message while the file is uploaded" message from displaying when users added a file-attachment activity.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from previewing choice activities from the Activity Editor.
We fixed a bug that prevented Journal activities from displaying in the Syllabus Editor > Preview function.
We fixed a bug that prevented non-breaking spaces from correctly displaying in Math assessments.
June 16, 2020
Pearson Connexus 2.1 Goes LIVE!
We are pleased to announce the release of Pearson Connexus 2.1, which promises an optimal user experience for students, Caretakers, Learning Coaches, teachers, and school staff. Starting with a new login page containing clear tiles for users to select, Pearson Connexus 2.1 also introduces the following state-of-the-art features:
Pearson Connexus Education Management System
- Students in appropriate courses will have access to TimeToTalk buttons to join appropriate queues for that service.
- Students can join queues for TimeToTalk. Queue managers can place students in the right room in the order in which they join.
- Teachers can assess student progress via People pages and drill down to compare/contrast progress across all courses.
- Teachers can customize their course content by adding or removing modules inside of the Buzz editor app.
- Student experience improvements on past-due activities and auto-assigned zeroes.
- Added a gradebook search button.
Other student experience improvements on past-due activities and auto-assigned zeroes.
- If a student receives an auto-assigned zero score for an activity whose due date is removed or extended the zero will be removed.
- The student’s To-do List will display activities that have been allowed a retry or have been automatically assigned a zero for being past due, but the grace period has not expired
- All gradable activities will now get displayed in the student’s To-do List.
Pearson Connexus New Enrollment System (NES)
The New Enrollment System (NES) is the first piece of Pearson Connexus, launched in March 2020 to support 2020-2021 school year enrollment. Created and built with the driving goal of supporting families’ journeys through the enrollment process, NES provides the following improvements on the traditional Connections Academy Enrollment Process:
- Enrollment information can be completed in a “choose your own adventure” style, allowing users to provide information in the order that best suits them.
- A new initial screening of basic student information is provided, allowing immediate notification to families if their student is not eligible for a selected school and grade level.
- A new user authentication method better protects customer data in an online environment.
- An in-site option to “snap” photographs of documents for immediate upload.
Support Teams can access case management, knowledge base articles, and an optimized user platform.
Student Information System
Our Student Information System, located in MyPortal, is a robust one-stop shop for:
Detailed Staff/Caretaker/Learning Coach/Student information:
- Class Schedule
- Bio Information
- Medical Information
- Related Contacts
- Student/Household files
Course and Class information:
- Course/Class Name
- Grade Level
- Assigned Teachers
- Number of Students per Class
- Class Tags
Streamlined Student Placement and Sectioning
- Post-Enrollment Forms and Processes
- Graduation Plans and Tracking
- Templated and Customizable Reporting
- Academic Eligibility
- Class Roster
- Graduation Tracking
- Student School Attendance
- Student Parent Information
- Many more!
- Report Cards
New Support Community
Our new Support Center provides full-service, wide-spectrum Help ranging from how to enroll in Connections Academy to specific role-based Help.
- Caretakers, Learning Coaches, Students, Teachers, and Staff can access a robust community of support content for Pearson Connexus.
- A library of help articles sorted by intended audience, topic, and your specific school, and is searchable by key words.
- Teachers and school staff can view the articles written for Caretakers, Learning Coaches or students to provide guidance on where to find helpful documentation.
Ticketing system provides on-demand assistance
- When users cannot find what they need in the Help documentation, a new ticketing system allows Students, Caretakers, Learning Coaches, Teachers and School staff to submit tickets.
- Users can communicate directly with the Support team to get the help they need.
Connexus Mail provides accessible, streamlined personal communication for students and teachers. Users will access Connexus Mail from the Communication Tools tile on the MyPortal Page. Connexus Mail includes the following features:
- Works well from all mobile devices.
- Sends and receives messages from current students and teachers.
- Ability to send attachments with messages.
- Enhanced message filing allowing users to mark messages important or archive them.
- Ability to view sent messages.
- Robust searching of messages based on words or attachments.
June 13, 2020
- We added a notification to the Grade Book informing teachers, Learning Coaches, and students of potential point value changes that will display when a Learnosity assessment is present in that course.
June 11, 2020
We fixed a bug that prevented Caretakers from submitting the ESOL History and Confirmation of Enrollment Sections within the NES Enrollment Portal.
May 14, 2020
We fixed a bug that prevented Caretakers from uploading documents in the Enrollment Portal.
May 8, 2020
We fixed a bug that sometimes caused activity instructions to incorrectly display when students took assessments.
We fixed a bug that prevented users from returning to the activities list after editing an activity from the Activities tab.
We fixed a bug in the rich-text editor that caused an extraneous dialog box to briefly display before displaying the activity-link editor dialog box when users edited activity links.
We fixed a bug that caused users to be navigated to a different Pearson Connexus page when users previewed links.
We fixed a bug in some assessment questions that caused scrollbars to appear when displaying superscript text.
We fixed a bug in the answer editor that caused the highlighter cursor to display in essay questions.
We updated the Communications screen toolbar filter to truncate long titles instead of displaying them along the length of the toolbar.
- We added a new field under the student's Program Enrollment record to the Salesforce PCx instance to provide staff with students' actual enrollment stage in the Enrollment Portal.
May 5, 2020
- We fixed a bug that prevented waitlisted students from moving to the Final Confirmation stage in the enrollment process.
April 30, 2020
- We enabled the automatic sync of student overall course scores and activity completion percentages to the SIS when these changes occur in the LMS.