Teachers can send Welcome WebMail messages from Enrollments to new students beginning on a student's course start date. You can choose to send individual messages or a group message. Note: The Welcome Message option requires the following criteria:
- The welcome message is sent to a single student or multiple students enrolled in the same course.
- The student start date in the course has begun.
- The student has not yet received a welcome message for the course.
Follow the steps below to send Welcome WebMail Messages
An Overdue indicator displays if a student has not received a message one week after his or her start date in the course.
- Select Enrollments from the Main Menu.
- A list of students displays. Note: If a student is enrolled in more than one course taught by the same teacher, that student’s name will be listed for each course.
To select specific students to send a welcome message:
- Select the checkbox next to students to receive the welcome message.
- Check the Welcome Message checkbox.
- Select Compose Message. A welcome message popup window displays. A subject line of the course name displays and tracks the message to update the dashboard and associated reports.
- Edit the subject line as needed and personalize the message.
- When your message is ready, select Send Welcome Message. The Welcome Message status column updates to Sent (pending).
Note: The status will remain Sent (pending) until the system processes the message and should change to Sent within 24 hours. If it does not change, please reach out to Pearson Connexus Support at 844-597-3224.
To send a welcome message to all students enrolled in one course:
- Enter the course name in the Search field.
- Select the people filter.
- From the drop-down menu, select Select Enrolled Students for <course name>. All enrolled students matching the search are selected, verified by a checkbox next to each enrolled student’s name.
- Check the Welcome Message checkbox. A welcome message and subject displays.
- Edit the subject line as needed, and personalize the message.
- When your message is ready, select Send Welcome Message.