This password gives access to all password protected assessments in your domain without overriding each assessment-specific password.
Use domain-wide assessment passwords to facilitate quick reaction time when a password is compromised:
- The system administrator creates a domain-wide password that is relatively easy to remember and provides it to teachers. Teachers give this password to their students to use when accessing assessments.
- When a content author creates a password-protected assessment, they must provide an assessment-specific password. They can create a secure password without worrying that it will be hard for students to remember or use because students will use the simpler domain-wide password.
- The system administrator can then control how frequently they change the password and can quickly react when there are signs that the password has been compromised.
Add, Change, or delete the password
- From the Domain tool, select the More menu from the Header Menu. Next, select Set assessment password to create a password that grants access to all password protected assessments in the domain. This password works in addition to each assessment's original password; it doesn't replace them. Domain-wide passwords are not inherited by subdomains.
- The current password will display.
- Add a new password in the Password field and retype the password to Confirm.
- Select Save or Change.