Observers are parents, teachers, counselors, principals, or tutors who are granted read rights to view student activity, course completion, and monitor student progress.
Students observed by staff users can be aligned to the existing staff accounts. Parents and caretakers need a unique Observer account, and then must be aligned to student(s).
There are two options to align Observers to Students, and each option can be done manually or using a bulk import template.
1. Align to Individual Course Enrollments: Observe one or more of a student’s individual course enrollment(s) and the alignment ends on the course end date.
2. Align to Student Enrollment: Observe all courses the student is in, and alignment remains indefinitely.
To add an observer to a course enrollment:
- From the Main Menu, open the Users tool.
- Select the student user's User ID.
- Select Enrollments from the tabs bar, then select the desired course Enrollment ID.
- From the tabs bar, select Observers, then select Add.
- Enter the observer's user ID or select the list (browse) icon to find it.
- Select Save.
- Repeat this process to align an observer to multiple course enrollments for a student, or use the Observer Student Alignment- Bulk Import Template.
To align an Observer to all courses a student is in:
- Select Users from the Main Menu.
- Select the Observer’s User ID.
- Select Observed Users.
- Select Add.
- Provide the Username or User ID, or select the list icon to find the student you want the Observer to align to.
- Select Save.
- Repeat this process to align an observer to multiple students, or use the Observer Student Alignment- Bulk Import Template.