To access your user settings, select the User Menu, then select Settings. From here, you can edit:
- Your Username (if allowed).
- The Email Address you want used (if allowed).
- Your Profile picture (if allowed).
- Your Sidebar navigation preference. Choose your preferred Activities tool layout from two options:
- Full View shows the course tree structure in the sidebar when you open folders.
- Simplified shows only the contents of the folder you’re in.
- LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) Privacy. Some course authors use LTI to integrate external applications, like Turnitin.com, to enhance your experience. You can choose to hide your email and/or name from these external websites by checking the appropriate boxes.
- Other by choosing to:
- Turn on additional visual indicators if color indicators are not effective for you (see section below).
- Hide scores in sidebar navigation and activity stream. When this box is checked, Pearson Connexus displays a checkmark next to completed activities instead of the score. Check this box if you want to hide your scores when working in public spaces.
- Hide excused activities. Use to control the visibility of excused items.
- Student-name display. This is how you'd like student names to appear throughout Pearson Connexus.
- Notification Preferences. Provide your phone number and Carrier if you want to receive SMS notification on your phone.
- For all applicable, indicate what you want to be notified about and how you want to receive notifications:
- By SMS and/or Email
- Daily and/or Weekly
Additional visual indicators
Turning on additional visual indicators on the Other card (outlined above) means that, where colors are used to indicate meaning, you also want icons to show. These indicators appear in the People and Gradebook tools to represent grades, performance, and Self assessment information.
Here's how the colors align with icons:
- Red indicates failing or poor performance and is represented by an X in colored circles and an asterisk next to scores.
- Yellow indicates OK performance and is represented by a line in colored circles.
- Green indicates good performance and is represented by a checkmark in colored circles.
- Blue indicates a student is excelling and is represented by an upwards arrow in colored circles.