Digital Library Dashboard
The Digital Library Dashboard allows Administrators and Teacher-Authors to further tap the
power of Pearson Connexus course customization. Teacher-Authors and Administrators can
collaborate and copy modules from one course to another, search Pearson Connexus site subscription
for content to add in their courses, and create their own library of content (e.g., lesson plans or
Google Drive documents) and share with other teachers.
If you are using the Digital Library Dashboard to customize content, you may need to perform the
following tasks, based on the courses you are customizing. These are recommended steps, but
many are optional and also are dependent on the type of course being customized:
- Only combine courses of the same course type (required)
- Enroll in the course that is being customized to see it within the list of courses on the
- Add the module in advance that will contain the new content (optional).
- Add content with the create link action (recommended).
- Rename the new module to match numeric flow and change title (optional).
- If assessments are numbered, add an ‘a’ (or other character) to assessment title(s) to tell
them apart within the course and grading categories.
- Review Grading Categories and determine if a new category is required to hold new test
items. The order of content might need to be changed to match Syllabus module order.
- If using either a Prescriptive or Sequential course, reset sequencing rules set at Restrict
Mastery by Visibility Area.
- Add questions from the module assessments into the final review test, if present.
Add Content from the Digital Library
- Select the Editor tool from the desired course from the Home page.
- Select and expand the folder you want to add Digital Library content to.
- Select the Add to ... button at the bottom of the folder and select Library.
- From this screen, you can:
- Use the search fields and dropdown menus to find the content you're looking for.
- Select the library that you want to browse for content.
- When you find it, check the Select box for the content you want. You can select Preview to look over the content before adding it to your course.
- Select Link to Activity or Copy Activity; linked content receives updates from the content provider and copied content does not. Note: Copying as a link will allow the copied content to receive updates from the content provider and is the recommended copy choice. Create Copy will copy the entire content in the copied course and will not receive updates.
- Select Close when you've added the content you want.