- LiveLesson 11.2.1 Upgrade will be implemented Saturday, 5/1/21. LiveLesson will be unavailable between 9:00 AM EDT to 5:00 PM EDT on 5/1/21.
- When launching a LiveLesson session, it will default to the Standard View in a browser with improved audio and accessibility.
- Users who do not have the Adobe Connect desktop app are provided with links to download it and/or be prompted to upgrade existing installations. The app provides improved performance including screen sharing.
- Users joining from Classic desktop applications will be prompted to either join from a browser or update their application.
- All users will need to use the same view/ platform during a LiveLesson Hosts will need to notify participants if they are not using the Standard View.
New Default Meeting Settings
LiveLesson meeting settings default to the recommended Standard View with Enable browser access. This means that participants will launch the Standard View in their browser. If a teacher needs to switch to the Classic view (last option for troubleshooting), it must be done from the LiveLesson Homepage. The option to Switch to Classic View on the fly (during the session) has been removed.
The Use Enhanced Audio option in the setting offers an enhanced audio experience using the Opus codec; however, when selected:
- Users will not be able to join from mobile
- Make Offline (mp4) recordings will not be possible
Launching Adobe Connect
When selecting the LiveLesson meeting link on your teacher Home Page, your LiveLesson session will automatically launch the Standard View interface, the new default experience.
- If you do not have the application, the system will open the Standard View via a browser.
Note: This applies to Chromebook users.
- Download the app to use the screen sharing feature. This is the preferred method for Hosts.
Note: Chromebook users won't be able to use the app.
The Standard View
The Standard View offers improved features such as greater flexibility managing layouts, controlling access to the host area, and sharing functions in the breakout rooms.
The Adobe Flash Player technology, which launches the familiar Classic View, is no longer supported. The Classic View is being phased out and is only accessible through older versions of the app.
The Standard View interface contains three main elements: the application bar on the top, the main panel, and the layouts. Watch this video to learn more about the Standard View. (4:26)
The New Close Captions Features in the Standard View
Real-time captioning of audio content can be integrated natively. The Host may assign an attendee to type captions or use StreamText, a captioning service, if an account is available.
To enable Closed Captions, open the Preferences dialog box, choose Closed Captions, and enable Closed Captions. Watch this video to learn more about Closed Captions. (5:18)
The legacy Closed Caption Pod will still be available for Classic View meetings only.
Commonly Used Features
Recording a Session
Open the Session menu, select Record Session.
In this Menu, you will find other commonly used tasks such as: Manage Access and Entry for participants and Manage Meeting Information.
The grid icon launches the Pods menu to engage participants with various tools.
The icons beside the attendee names indicates how they have entered the LiveLesson session. For more information, review the article Decoding the Icons in the Attendees Pod.
Applets in Shared Content
New applets and customized pods are added periodically to the Shared Content folder.
All Flash-based pods have been removed. New pods Agree To Disagree, Quiz Connect, and Rank It are available through the Shared Content folder.
Ending the Session
To end the session, select the End Session icon from the right side of the top application bar.
Please call the Help Desk if additional assistance is needed: 1-855-330-4636. Available from 8:00AM to 8:00PM.