Please read before proceeding:
Pearson Connexus offers multiple assessment types, including Next Generation (NextGen) assessments. NextGen assessments are created differently from our standard, or traditional, assessments and therefore cannot be bulk edited with the instructions below. Doing so will cause issues with the actual assessments. If you would like to add a password to a NextGen assessment (or if you’re uncertain which type of assessment you have), add a password for each individual assessment at the activity level, as shown in the image below.
Please use the following images to determine which type of assessment you are attempting to edit.
NextGen Assessment image:
Traditional Assessment Image:
For more information on NextGen assessments, please refer to the NextGeneration Assessments Settings document that is attached, at the bottom of this article.
To change Course Settings:
- Log in as a Teacher-Author.
- Select a Course from the Main Menu.
- Select Editor from the Course Menu.
4. Select Activity List. Filter by the type of assessment you’d like to protect.
5. Choose your assessment(s) by selecting the checkbox. Then, select the Bulk Edit icon.
6. Select your Assessment Password and check the box. Select “I understand that these changes are permanent, and I confirm that I want to proceed.” Finally, select Update to insert your password.
Assessment password will prompt all students or the group selected to enter a password before beginning any assessment in the course.
Note: A Domain-wide Assessment Password must be created.