To change Global Course Settings:
- Log in as a Teacher-Author.
- Select a Course from the Main Menu.
- Select Global Course Settings from the Course Menu.
4. The following screen displays.
5. Selecting All Groups applies changes to all enrolled users in the course.
6. Passing Scores (%) changes the passing scores for each activity type listed below in the course selected. To keep the default passing score that displays in course settings, leave each of the following blank:
- Assessment indicates the passing score for pretests, posttests, review tests, and quizzes in the courses.
- If you want to set different passing score thresholds for each assessment type, do not use this tool, use the Editor to adjust passing scores by assessment type.
- Assignment includes passing scores for assignments, projects, and writing prompts.
- Custom Activity indicates the passing score for Custom Activities.
- Discussion Board is the passing score for discussion board posts.
- Homework is the passing score for homework assignments.
7. Assessment password will prompt all students or the group selected to enter a password before beginning any assessment in the course.
- To set an assessment password for the first time or to change an existing password, enter the password in the text box.
- The password is in plain text when created but is encrypted after saving.
- If you want to set a different password for each assessment type, do not use this tool, use the Editor to adjust passwords by assessment type.
8. Select Reset Due Dates to reset due dates in a Continuous Scheduled Course's end if your students were delayed in starting the class. Selecting this option in a Traditional Scheduled Course will clear any previously created due dates.
- Due dates for specific activities cannot be set.
- Make sure to create and select a specific group prior to selecting this option if due dates should be reset for specific students only and not the entire class.
9. Make the required changes and Select Save.